OT: Boeheim Hits, Kills Man w/Car

moytoy12

38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

The headline is straight facts I don’t see how you can take issue with it. 

I don't take issue with it; I said it's "unfortunate" and explained why I feel that way.  I don't know if there's any other way to word the headline, but I think the initial impression it provides is unfortunate.

26 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't take issue with it; I said it's "unfortunate" and explained why I feel that way.  I don't know if there's any other way to word the headline, but I think the initial impression it provides is unfortunate.

I’m with you on this QIJ1. The first question-presumption if you will- was Coach drinking?  Was he speeding?  That’s what I looked for in the article and it was quickly answered, no he wasn’t. 

No. Coach B changed lanes to avoid an accident(the wrecked car) and happened to  hit the person who was walking in an interstate traffic lane, well after dusk. Back in the day in upstate NY, interstates had zero lighting for many long stretches of highway.

No criminal intent, no negligent action, no charges will be forthcoming.

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I’m with you on this QIJ1. The first question-presumption if you will- was Coach drinking?  Was he speeding?  That’s what I looked for in the article and it was quickly answered, no he wasn’t. 

From the article:  “Reconstruction of the scene will be performed and speeds cannot be determined at this time.

38 minutes ago, Basketbill said:

From the article:  “Reconstruction of the scene will be performed and speeds cannot be determined at this time.

I have read three articles. The ESPN article said his speed was “proper” per the Onondaga County District Attorney. 

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Hope all is cleared. Still if he killed someone, there may be civil charges brought by the family of the deceased.

2 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

Good luck with that lawsuit.

The lawsuit is the least of his worries. He’s mega rich a million dollar settlement won’t bother him.

The question is if he can overcome this emotionally.

I know it wasn’t his fault but taking a life, even if it was just a fluky accident, would mess me up big time. I think it would do serious mental damage to most.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this

I agree dlarry. However, there is a hell of a lot more to a law suit than the money you have to pay. Dealing with the lawyers and the ups and downs of the case, the constant need for new information and the need to be present for meetings in court with whoever, meetings that are cancelled or rescheduled constantly... THIS is a major drain. Add to  that the emotional part of actually killing someone with your car with all its associated memories of gore, guilt, etc... Nope, he is not out of hot water, the water is not even very hot at this time, it will get a lot worse believe me there. I think that for most human beings law suits are very traumatic events, and I also agree the memories of actually killing someone makes the whole package a lot worse.

49 minutes ago, Old guy said:

I agree dlarry. However, there is a hell of a lot more to a law suit than the money you have to pay. Dealing with the lawyers and the ups and downs of the case, the constant need for new information and the need to be present for meetings in court with whoever, meetings that are cancelled or rescheduled constantly... THIS is a major drain. Add to  that the emotional part of actually killing someone with your car with all its associated memories of gore, guilt, etc... Nope, he is not out of hot water, the water is not even very hot at this time, it will get a lot worse believe me there. I think that for most human beings law suits are very traumatic events, and I also agree the memories of actually killing someone makes the whole package a lot worse.

Agree.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he steps down after the season.

He has to be getting close to retiremnt anyway. This might be the blow that causes him to walk away.