OT: Duke vs UNC

crymdg2

6 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Kyrie played 11 games.  Why is he on this list and not Johnny Dawkins?  Where is Jamison, Perkins, Daugherty?  Hurley, Ferry, or Boozer?

It’s stupid(not a shot at crymdg) social media content by ESPN or worse to garner as many clicks/interactions as they can. I don’t think it’s worth wasting a second being annoyed by who is on it and who isn’t. 

6 minutes ago, almaman said:

Down goes Zion! out for rest of game at least.

That sucks.

why is that guy forced to waste his time playing  college ball. He risks career ending injury to be a hired gun for coach K.

Forcing these kids to be “student athletes “ needs to stop.

If I’m Zion, healthy or not, I’m sitting out the rest of the year.

(I know they could go over seas or sit out all I am saying is that the 1 year out of high school rule needs to go)

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think people forget how good Wallace really was because of the stupid stuff he did.

Give me these five

pg-Bobby Hurley

sg-Jordan

sf-Worthy

pf-Wallace

c-Laettner

Wallace was a freak. That guy could do it all.

I think Laettner is over looked too. People know he was a good college player but he was unbelievable.

He is probably the greatest college player of my lifetime. I was born in 79 so late 80’s on is when I started paying attention.

That dude played in 4 final 4’s, 3 Championship games, and won 2 titles. 

He played in 23 NCAA tourney games out of a possible 24...insane.

plus he was the original Duke villain.

brianstl likes this

Wallace and Marcus Camby were my two favorite players in HS and college.  Wallace was great, he'd be even better now.  Overshadowed by Duncan, Dirk, Webber, & Garnett but oftentimes he outperformed them head to head.  Known as a headcase but he was a team player and great in the lockerroom.  Never wanted or needed the ball.  Rebounded and played D and got his offense wherever he could.  Bullets drafted him, they already had Howard & Webber on the frontline.  Imagine that lineup in their prime, Wallace, Howard and Webber.  They could have all played with each other.  Sent to Portland and Wallace turned that team into a near title contender with a bunch of misfits and heavy drug users.  Then put Detroit over the top for their championship run.  Wallace got his title being the alpha on a team before Dirk and Garnett did, and at the time Duncan had 1 title on his own as well.

Laettner is on the short list with Walton, Kareem, Ewing, Baylor as the best ever college players.  Still the original Duke villain was Danny Ferry.  He gets overlooked a lot now, 3 final fours and 1 title game with less talented teams than Laettner had.

Anyone actually watch the game? A few observations:

-Both teams looked like SLU from beyond the arc :) 

-Luke Maye is unbelievable. Soft touch, great footwork under the basket, can step back and drain the 3. 

-UNC is so unselfish with the ball

-I think Addidas just came up with their next shoe ad

- Cameron Crazies are still the douchiest fans in all of sports