Why Do Players Just Vanish From This Team?

mrjoelabs

I get that this is college, not NBA, and media coverage is sparse...but what is going on with Jacobs and Hankton? Was Hankton even hurt again? I know Jacobs was...but this went on with Wiley where it seemed he stayed hurt forever. It is just strange.  Hopefully we can keep winning and finish at least 4th in the league. Also, is Elliot actually walking/jogging around? It is so hard to get real injury news.

Welmer may play soon.  He's trying.  At least he will play on Sr day.

Hankton appears to be very injury prone.  Or we may have not given him the proper time off previously.  Last I heard Hankton could come back in a week.

Not much news on Jacobs.  I really don't think all the mystery with his injury involves him wanting to transfer.  I think it is more of being at the bottom of the depth chart and Ford not getting asked about him.  Our team has been desperate for bodies all year, still Jacobs' minutes have been few and far between.

2 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Welmer may play soon.  He's trying.  At least he will play on Sr day.

Hankton appears to be very injury prone.  Or we may have not given him the proper time off previously.  Last I heard Hankton could come back in a week.

Not much news on Jacobs.  I really don't think all the mystery with his injury involves him wanting to transfer.  I think it is more of being at the bottom of the depth chart and Ford not getting asked about him.  Our team has been desperate for bodies all year, still Jacobs' minutes have been few and far between.

I just wish the team would release weekly injury updates. I feel like one of the reasons Thor left is this vanishing business. He was never hurt..I guess...but never used. We seem to be doomed to be forever short. 

Perhaps you missed it, but Hankton had come back from his first (or second?) injury — his leg? — to play, but then he hurt his shoulder early in a game a couple of weeks ago.

Gudmundsson arrived on campus late after his time in international play last summer, and he wasn't ready to contribute from the standpoint of running plays and playing defense.  Then he had an appendectomy and missed more time recovering from that.

Your agenda against Coach Ford is thinly veiled.

1 hour ago, mrjoelabs said:

I just wish the team would release weekly injury updates. I feel like one of the reasons Thor left is this vanishing business. He was never hurt..I guess...but never used. We seem to be doomed to be forever short. 

Thor had surgery and also had a leg injury.

No college team releases injury reports. This isn't NFL. Disclosing injuries would only help our opponents.

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I get that this is college, not NBA, and media coverage is sparse...but what is going on with Jacobs and Hankton? Was Hankton even hurt again? I know Jacobs was...but this went on with Wiley where it seemed he stayed hurt forever. It is just strange.  Hopefully we can keep winning and finish at least 4th in the league. Also, is Elliot actually walking/jogging around? It is so hard to get real injury news.

You have proved to me 100 percent you do not follow this team at all.  The true fans of this team know exactly what is and was going on with Thor, Hankton, and Wiley, Welmer.  The only mystery is what is going on with Jacobs.

You have really embarrassed yourself with this thread.

8 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Huh?  This isn't the NFL.  Listen to the Coach's radio shows.  He normally highlights player's injuries. 

The fact that you post on here and then claim to know nothing pretty much says it all.  And before you jump into the lame "I don't have time to read so many thousands of posts" defense, yes you do.  True fans make time.  It's like an obsession.  Sit down. Shut up.  And just go away.  And now to the ignore list .......

billikenfan05 likes this

Regarding injury reports to the general public, any statements made by the team have to be made considering privacy HIPAA rules. This basically means that injury statements have to be general in nature and (to be safe) approved by the "patient" (in this case the player). Statements for release to the general public regarding anyone's health condition can become a problem so they cannot reveal much. It is OK to say things like "injury to the shoulder, availability for play to be judged day by day" or something similar. This kind of statement says next to nothing about the injury and the status of the injury.

3 hours ago, Old guy said:

Regarding injury reports to the general public, any statements made by the team have to be made considering privacy HIPAA rules. This basically means that injury statements have to be general in nature and (to be safe) approved by the "patient" (in this case the player). Statements for release to the general public regarding anyone's health condition can become a problem so they cannot reveal much. It is OK to say things like "injury to the shoulder, availability for play to be judged day by day" or something similar. This kind of statement says next to nothing about the injury and the status of the injury.

100% correct on HIPPA. 

Let's leave it as Hankton has an upper body injury, Jacobs has a lower body injury, and Welmer has a lower extremity injury.  All are Day to Day.

Here is my question/issue.  We have a new Strength and Conditioning Coach this year.  He previously worked withe the Warriors and has 'new' techniques.  No one can answer this, but is there a connection between this new approach and our injuries to Bess, Jacobs, Hankton, Wiley, Gundmudsson and reportedly Goodwin?  Welmer's injury has been well documented as pre-existing.  Yes there are injuries every year, but this year we seem to be having a few more than normal and more severe.

9 hours ago, thetorch said:

Thor had surgery and also had a leg injury.

No college team releases injury reports. This isn't NFL. Disclosing injuries would only help our opponents.

Yeah, I have really noticed this the past few seasons in college football and basketball. It seems like every injury is game to game. It is really bad in college football and with the $ folks bet on those games I am surprised there isn’t something requiring some sort of legitimate injury reports.

59 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Yeah, I have really noticed this the past few seasons in college football and basketball. It seems like every injury is game to game. It is really bad in college football and with the $ folks bet on those games I am surprised there isn’t something requiring some sort of legitimate injury reports.

Precisely because bettors usually don't have the info and the sports books do is why the info isn't released to the public in more detail.

12 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

Great idea. Thor is not playing because he is not a D1 player statement woul

12 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

I am sure Thor would have been much happier knowing that the public knew he was not good enough.