La Salle from da'Couch .....

Taj79

... not much to say.  As someone in the GDT said, a win is a win and better than the opposite.  Half a game out of the four and maybe in a three-way tied for it come Tuesday.  March Madness is upon us early this year.

Talent-wise, La Salle just wasn't there.  And what Bess did to Powell shut them down even further.  Of course, if Powell does have his game and Phiri does what he did, could be a different tune.  Bess is truly special.

There remains nothing aesthetically pleasing about our game.  Someone called it bully ball. CBSSN/Wenzel asked what do you expect when you can't shoot, can't shoot from three, and can't shoot from the free throw line?  It is just maddening and you really have to embrace the horror.  I'll go to my grave rooting for these guys but it's never easy.

Isabell had a decent game but he was motivated.  Need that motivation every time out.  I have no clue what Foreman is doing out there.  Wiley might be decent but only against a zone.  Goodwin needs a game that includes 'jump' ----- either a jump shot, or a jump stop.  He gets what he gets through grit and determination but he could be special if he finds something else.  He's peaked as I said in the GDT.  To go higher, he needs more.  French om the free throw line is hideous.  We can't run a fast break to save our lives.  And our offense is such that we take nine seconds to cross half court, run 10 more off a weave, then go to chuck-n-duck. 

I'll be in Dayton next Saturday with about 13 other fans.  Hope to see some of you at the pregame.  I have no illusions.  A top four finish and I'll call the season a huge success.

SLU_Nick likes this