2019 SLU Baseball

philliken

There was nothing like reading a newspaper in the morning.  All the baseball box scores in print daily was worth the price of a subscription.  I had a subscription up until about 4 years ago.  My deliveries failed at least 3 times a week so I finally canceled.  My parents still get the paper delivered despite the fact that more times than not it doesn't get delivered.

I don't read the post online at all.  Their website is awful.  I go there for occasional billikens articles or high school basketball schedules.  All other news I get from Business Journal online, local news that I care about like restaurant reviews or entertainment news I get from RFT, Feast, STL Mag etc.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Kid seems a little small.

i like his focus and he sure wears his uniform well.  i'd go for it. 

brianstl likes this

On 4/16/2019 at 8:58 PM, thetorch said:

There was nothing like reading a newspaper in the morning.  All the baseball box scores in print daily was worth the price of a subscription.  I had a subscription up until about 4 years ago.  My deliveries failed at least 3 times a week so I finally canceled.  My parents still get the paper delivered despite the fact that more times than not it doesn't get delivered.

I don't read the post online at all.  Their website is awful.  I go there for occasional billikens articles or high school basketball schedules.  All other news I get from Business Journal online, local news that I care about like restaurant reviews or entertainment news I get from RFT, Feast, STL Mag etc.

Funny, I also subscribed daily but had too much trouble getting the paper delivered on time or at all consistently. Even spoke with the delivery supervisor numerous times and they'd bring it out later. Moved and had same problem so I cxld. Now I get it delivered on weekends despite the fact that I don't subscribe. Funny thing is it's never late nor do they ever miss a day. Don't know why I get it, I just do. 

I also prefer the actual paper. No better time than reading the paper over breakfast. I still frequently pick up a copy and go out to breakfast with the paper.