2019 SLU Baseball

philliken

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Lazy? I only bemoaned that there was no story online. The fact that I scoured stltoday and don't subscribe to the paper makes me lazy... Nope doesn't add up, try again.

I saw it.  I read the paper.  No big deal.  It was there.  All you needed to do was find it.  

stu cant decide what definitively gets in the paper or at stltoday.com.   talk to the sports editor.   unfortunately most of the post disgrace's editors are mi$$ouri grads and feel obligated to defend the tiger$ however they can, even if that means keeping billiken news to a minimum.   

we do have a very nice article today on the chances of  fouler tilmon going to the nba as he declared today.  ha.

Spoon-Balls likes this

if you go to stu's twitter page, which he does control, he almost immediately retweeted the news of the no hitter on Saturday.

Just now, billiken_roy said:

if you go to stu's twitter page, which he does control, he almost immediately retweeted the news of the no hitter on Saturday.

I hope he didn't hurt his finger scrolling and pressing(alright now that was trolling). I mean I'm appreciative he put it out there but man a retweet is about the most meh thing you can do.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Of course, because like most people in the St. Louis area, I don't subscribe to the paper.... You're just not comprehending the issue here.

Get on your bicycle, ride to the library, read the paper.  It will 1) get you some exercise, and 2) let you see what is being printed.  You are really hard to please.  There is no issue.

9 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I hope he didn't hurt his finger scrolling and pressing(alright now that was trolling). I mean I'm appreciative he put it out there but man a retweet is about the most meh thing you can do.

the point is hardhead, Stu can control that.   he cannot control the content of the paper or the website.  

21 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

You guys excusing the lack of coverage are part of the problem.

we fought the post dispatch for decades for better billiken coverage.   eventually you just give up and take whatever you can get free.   i cancelled my subscription back after the miracle in memphis days.   i am content to read what i can on stltoday.com.   it will never get better.   the paper will go away before we get less than 99% cardinal, blues and mi$$ouri coverage.   it isnt stu's fault.   goes far above him.   he writes what he is told and even half of that doesnt make the cut.  

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nowhere to be found on the website though, which is where most people read the post.

-I don't want to get into a pissing match, too many of those on here, but I am interested in the number of on-line readers versus subscribers, I don't expect either number to be very high

18 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't want to get into a pissing match, too many of those on here, but I am interested in the number of on-line readers versus subscribers, I don't expect either number to be very high

I get that. But that’s the problem we’re trying to solve with THTRB media brand(or whatever it becomes). We want to produce the Billiken content that fans want but aren’t getting. There’s no reason billiken fans should be satisfied with unsatisfactory coverage. 

I feel for papers but they're on their way out and citizenry is the poorer for it. TBS % of the 3M residents of metropolitan area that care about our obsession is much lower than some on here seem willing to accept. smaller still % is those that care about college baseball.

Hard for us to fill student seats and they get in for free and only have to walk across campus.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

I get that. But that’s the problem we’re trying to solve with THTRB media brand(or whatever it becomes). We want to produce the Billiken content that fans want but aren’t getting. There’s no reason billiken fans should be satisfied with unsatisfactory coverage. 

-what's the number that view on-line versus circulation?

21 hours ago, Cowboy said:

I prefer paper - newspapers, paper books, paper magazines et al.  Go to Mercola.com & read about the damage to your eyes from too much screen time.  Yes, I get the irony about learning such stuff on the internet 🤔😎

bauman likes this