The Last 5 Games

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty sure in our evans, mccall, jett and loe days we were over 10k more than once.   are they possibly talking about just this season?

no way they could screw that up otherwise?

Littlebill likes this

5 minutes ago, thetorch said:

Conference record?  That doesn't seem right either.  That may be the women's attendance record.

Either way terrible mistake by the AD.

Yea, just a quick glimpse at the archives at slubillikens.com shows this tweet is incorrect:

http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201112/stats/GAME29.HTM (Att: 10,441)

http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201213/stats/25VCU.HTM (Att: 10,027)

http://www.slubillikens.com/fls/27200/MBB/201213/stats/20BU.HTM (Att: 10,612)

18 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Didn't really want to start a new thread, so I'll put this here.  Is 8,428 really the attendance record at Chaifetz? That doesn't seem right. 

8,428 is barely the record this year alone. 

edit: Butler was 9,572

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

pretty sure in our evans, mccall, jett and loe days we were over 10k more than once.   are they possibly talking about just this season?

no way they could screw that up otherwise?

For SLU v. Butler this year attendance was 9,572 (http://www.slubillikens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=27200&ATCLID=211782486).  No clue what the AD is talking about. 

this is a totally unacceptable mistake from the AD.   someone needs to be spoken to about doing a little checking before making such a statement.  

16 minutes ago, RIP HUMPS said:

It looks like they are referring to average season attendance....However , even if they sell out the last 2 games that will only reach 7836....so , not sure what record they will break.

19 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Didn't everyone see the Tweet earlier this morning that Guy Phillips took over the AD's Twitter account today? :D

You did have to appreciate his correction during the LaSalle game where our billiken drove, got fouled and made the basket only to have the ref call a charge. Most of the stadium thought it was an and1 and Guy did too until the ref made him change it. 

Makes the ref understand what a horrible call it was.

Big one tonight, at 6 EST on CBSSN, Dayton at Davidson (-3.5).  This loss takes the Flyers tied to us and Duquesne.  Need it.  Also, Rhodey (+*) also on CBS SN following the first one.  Good viewing night around the A10. 

6 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Big one tonight, at 6 EST on CBSSN, Dayton at Davidson (-3.5).  This loss takes the Flyers tied to us and Duquesne.  Need it.  Also, Rhodey (+*) also on CBS SN following the first one.  Good viewing night around the A10. 

Except UD just lost a tough one at home to VCU, and do we really want to go into UD Arena this weekend with them coming off two losses? I can't decide.

While I tend to agree, catching either Davidson or VCU appears fool's gold.  We can only catch Mason and Dayton so I'm rooting for all the losses I can get there.  I have been to many games at the UD Arena over the years, including Billiken wins and Billiken losses -- witnessing blowouts either way.  My lean right now is that Dayton beats us --- the two losses you've noted in a row, them being at home with 13,000 fans, riding the Toppin dunk emotion, and revenge for what we did to them at our place. 

Again, Dayton is not that good.  But marginal players like Mikesell and Landers can catch a buzz and ride a wave based on emotion alone.  If the refs come out and assess touch fouls early, we could be meat if those touch fouls are on us.  I will embrace the horror in person this time.

3 hours ago, Taj79 said:

While I tend to agree, catching either Davidson or VCU appears fool's gold.  We can only catch Mason and Dayton so I'm rooting for all the losses I can get there.  I have been to many games at the UD Arena over the years, including Billiken wins and Billiken losses -- witnessing blowouts either way.  My lean right now is that Dayton beats us --- the two losses you've noted in a row, them being at home with 13,000 fans, riding the Toppin dunk emotion, and revenge for what we did to them at our place. 

Again, Dayton is not that good.  But marginal players like Mikesell and Landers can catch a buzz and ride a wave based on emotion alone.  If the refs come out and assess touch fouls early, we could be meat if those touch fouls are on us.  I will embrace the horror in person this time.

I shudder to think about all those SVU wearers, no matter what age, just in a rage against SLU. Those Flyer fans are like Steeler fans. Nut jobs.

Put as many losses on them as you can, then beat them saturday. I have the immense pleasure of traveling to VCu and watching the game with my son. He grew up watching the Billikens since he was three. He has been in the US Navy for the last 15 years and is often deployed so we have not attended a game together in many years. So after the win on saturday we will be in richmond wearing our hard hats and cheering the boys on to a victory.

moytoy12 and brianstl like this

Yes, we want Dayton to get as many L's as possible the rest of the season. 

They are a good team.  Today they are 4th in the nation in FG% at 50.3% up there with Gonzaga and Tennessee.  That's high cotton.  They are 2nd in fewest PF per game, so don't expect the zebras to bail us out. 16th in assists per game and 28th in A/TO ratio.  

Toppin is 3rd in the nation in FG%, sinking 2/3 of his shots.