Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
The Valley Sucks

The NIT

2 hours ago, Compton said:

^You have Northeastern in the NIT? That's interesting. 

I dont, the experts do. 

On 3/15/2019 at 9:46 AM, wgstl said:

I wonder how far we could jump with two more wins.  those wins(I hate doing this btw) would be against a team with a net of 65 and 67 - hoping Davidson wins. 

It looks like the big win (9 points) over Dayton only bumped SLU's net up to 110 (from 113).  I didn't think 2 wins would get us there, but that is a lot smaller of a jump than I thought especially considering the margin of victory.  Dayton dropped from 65 to 69.  Davidson is up to 65 from 67.  Seems that a win over Davidson no matter how big won't bump SLU up in the NET enough to be in NIT contention.  Just win the whole F*CKING thing!!!

30 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

It looks like the big win (9 points) over Dayton only bumped SLU's net up to 110 (from 113).  I didn't think 2 wins would get us there, but that is a lot smaller of a jump than I thought especially considering the margin of victory.  Dayton dropped from 65 to 69.  Davidson is up to 65 from 67.  Seems that a win over Davidson no matter how big won't bump SLU up in the NET enough to be in NIT contention.  Just win the whole F*CKING thing!!!

Dang, I thought it would bump us up way  more than that 

27 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Dang, I thought it would bump us up way  more than that 

The reason it will not is that by now we have played 33 games this season and won 21 of them, losing 12 in the process. The places teams hold in the rankings are much more fixed  at this stage in the season (they will not be completely fixed until the end of the season for each team, but by now the variation brought about by winning a game is a lot smaller than what it was earlier in the season).

7 minutes ago, slusam said:

Davidson and Dayton in NIT

This actually worked out about as well as possible for the A10 in terms of maximizing the amount of teams in the NCAAs and NIT.

^Good point. 

No A10 representation in the CBI this year - although West Virginia and DePaul accepted invites/invoices, which is kinda different. 

6 minutes ago, Compton said:

^Good point. 

No A10 representation in the CBI this year - although West Virginia and DePaul accepted invites/invoices, which is kinda different. 

I think WV is extremely young, probably a good opportunity for them to keep playing games. 

28 minutes ago, Compton said:

^Good point. 

If DePaul has a home game, they might draw 25 people. This will be a big money sink for them.