Geedubya from da'Couch .....

Taj79

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

If a player had already decided to transfer and didn't want to risk further injury, wouldn't his situation play out just as it has?

Maybe i'm misunderstanding what you said, but Jacobs wouldnt be on the bench if this was the case.

20 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Isabell remains maddening.  Someone said he reminds them of Yarbrough --- one minute 'YAY!" and the next minute "WTF WERE YOU THINKING?!" 

Even if that were the case, I dont mind a frosh doing this.  A senior tho..

18 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Did Ford say Jacobs has shin splints, or was that just my unsubstantiated "information" (in an earlier post)?

I thought I heard that on a pre-game with Bob and Earl discussing the team health of coarse in my Billiken sunshine rainbow unicorn fandom world your post may have put that in my brain, Happy Friday

19 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

My coaches growing up called shin splints “b I t c h splints”. Not a real injury 

When I jogged many years ago I had them but it did not last a long time but it hurt.  Mine came after a lay-off from jogging and running Jacobs hurt his ankle so it is plausible.

2 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Healing differently and handling pain differently are completely separate. Either he is a wimp or is faking it to not play. Bess has been playing on worse. If Jacobs wants to play, he would push through to help his teammates. Doesn’t seem that way to me. Players like that are not #teamblue

Once again, don't letter facts or knowledge affect your strong opinions and agenda.  Classless.

15 hours ago, Old guy said:

I share your frustration. I think we have to play Jacobs before he decides to transfer.

I felt the same way about Ingvi before he transferred.  Kid was making every shot in warm ups, but couldn't get in.  I'm sure there were reasons (defense or other), but we have to show guys some playing time if you want to keep them around.

4 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Ok. But didn’t we say DePaul has given more scholarships than spots?

Do they have any talented bigs that are somewhat unhappy with their playing time and see Gordon as eating into their time even further?  Maybe we can work out the equivalent of a three or four player trade.

22 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I felt the same way about Ingvi before he transferred.  Kid was making every shot in warm ups, but couldn't get in.  I'm sure there were reasons (defense or other), but we have to show guys some playing time if you want to keep them around.

I think we will always have a higher number of transfers than our A10 compatriots for this reason.  Coach Ford has preferred to limit his rotation to 8 guys at his previous stops.  His top 2 guys have always played heavy minutes. Even on a banged up roster, that means multiple players will almost never see the floor.  On a healthy roster, 4 guys would ride the pine.

8 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think we will always have a higher number of transfers than our A10 compatriots for this reason.  Coach Ford has preferred to limit his rotation to 8 guys at his previous stops.  His top 2 guys have always played heavy minutes. Even on a banged up roster, that means multiple players will almost never see the floor.  On a healthy roster, 4 guys would ride the pine.

-I agree this has been his MO, I wonder if this is because the talent dropoff past player 8 was very significant? 

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I agree this has been his MO, I wonder if this is because the talent dropoff past player 8 was very significant? 

Jim Crews inherited a deep bench, and ended up using most of it while playing 10 - 1 guys and we learned that playing too many guys prevents the ones we are counting on from getting in a rhythm.  Fine line between playing too many vs. too few.  Cannot make everyone happy and open to second guessing no matter which method a coach chooses.

5 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Jim Crews inherited a deep bench, and ended up using most of it while playing 10 - 1 guys and we learned that playing too many guys prevents the ones we are counting on from getting in a rhythm.  Fine line between playing too many vs. too few.  Cannot make everyone happy and open to second guessing no matter which method a coach chooses.

More like he recruited a deep bench after Rick's guys graduated. Problem is he recruited all bench players. 

8 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

An opinion based around experience. Jacobs has a far lesser injury than Goodwin or Bess. Time will show but my betting money is on Jacobs leaving 

please detail your experience so we can behold your words.  thanks

Remember the days when fans would cheer for their players?  Or wait until the season is over before being too critical?  Or comment only on basketball performance and not attack guys personally?  Remember when we had stricter rules for younger kids due to them not being professionals? Privacy of internet is awesome!!

We have 7 guys which includes an injured Bess and what appears to be an injured Wiley - both giving it their all.  Praise them but why take shots at Jacobs saying he is either a wimp or is faking it?   Why the personal attack?  Because you feel big and strong with message board obscurity?  Good time to publicly insult a guy recovering from injury and now practicing?  His close friend already left midseason for DePaul so why not help push him out the door?  Great idea!!

Zink, Adman, slu72 and 1 other like this

A mid high ankle roll and shin splints are both somewhat serious. There is only one person that makes the final determination whether Jacobs can play - and that is Jacobs. If something is not quite right, people have to respect that he says no go.

Doctors and coaches can only go so far. We have seen players who went when only provisionally cleared, and died. 

I saw a track star on our high school team try to run through shin splints, only to be shut down from running for the rest of his life.

dont try to blow smoke on a medical condition about which you know nothing.