GDT: Floggy Bottom ....

Taj79

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Both are owned by the same people, they share the kitchen and the bathrooms, otherwise they are separate places located next to one another. Clover and Bee is not as noisy as Olive and Oak, food is great. By the way I had a bourbon after dinner, Old Potrero, made in San Francisco (!) which was excellent. Nice to find something I have never tried before.

Olive and Oak is named for the 2 sons of the 2 owners who both died of congenital heart disease both just over a year old. We played the World Record baseball game for the Mighty Oaks Heart Foundation a couple of games ago. That charity is named for Oak Ortyl who's dad Greg is one of the Olive and Oak owners. He played in the Guinness game and I believe he played baseball for SLU. 

RiseAndGrind likes this

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

isnt one only open for breakfast and the other for evening?  regardless, both good. 

I have been to Olive and Oak a couple of times for dinner, very nice but loud. Tonight I was at Clover and Bee for dinner, so they are both open for dinner. Clover and Bee I think opens early in the morning (not sure of this), I think Olive and Oak opens later on.

2 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Olive and Oak is named for the 2 sons of the 2 owners who both died of congenital heart disease both just over a year old. We played the World Record baseball game for the Mighty Oaks Heart Foundation a couple of games ago. That charity is named for Oak Ortyl who's dad Greg is one of the Olive and Oak owners. He played in the Guinness game and I believe he played baseball for SLU. 

O+O Burger is best in stl

9 hours ago, wgstl said:

isnt one only open for breakfast and the other for evening?  regardless, both good. 

I think it started off that way, but The Clover and the Bee got so popular it expanded to include dinner service. I have only been once for breakfast (really good) and I think at that time it was only open for breakfast and lunch.

10 hours ago, juniorbill76 said:

Bess is a treat to watch. Another 40 minutes tonight. I hope he doesn’t run out of gas in March.

He is averaging 36.19 mpg this season.  Last season he averaged 36.21mpg.  I'd say he is used to it. 

His career mpg of 36.2 ranks #1 all time, well ahead of Tommy Liddell's 34.4 mpg.

11 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Greg did play at SLU before me, great guy.

slufanskip likes this