Radford? Rutgers? Bowling Green?

Billy Ken

4 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

128. Year 3. Over $1 million a year salary. 128. Just lost to worst team in A10. Let the troll calling and not based in reality arguments and name calling begin. This is depressing. Either way we are still 128. But just you wait until next year....

146BC0C0-F1D6-4A6D-B93E-4383AE107EF5.png

This is just an idiotic post. It's not trolling because I think you believe it. Think logically and you won't have this opinion.

No doubt this season has been a dud to this point. We are currently #142 in Pomeroy (#265 in adjusted offensive efficiency and #52 in adjusted defensive efficiency) compared to #148 (#225 in adjusted offensive efficiency and #80 in adjusted defensive efficiency) last season. I don't think many folks anticipated this team being so comparable to the team last season, but I suppose when you lose Santos, Gordon, another one of the freshmen, and suffer a few injuries all bets are kind of off. Certainly a significant improvement from where we were the final seasons of Crews (#226 in 2016 and #289 in 2015) though, so I guess some perspective is helpful.

10 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Theres never middle ground on this board. You either think Ford needs to go now or you'll make every excuse in the book for him. 

This team has underachieved. Ford deserves criticism. He also deserves a chance at a real roster

Sure but when I look at why I had high expectations, a big part was the deep front court and Isabell being a big part of offense. We lost Santos and Gordon and Isabell has been a disappointment. I dont know what happened with Santos but knew Gordon was risk but one worth taking.  Just was off on Isabell helping the offense and him being a grad transfer, Ford didn't have years evaluating how he'd fit in like he does with freshmen recruits. Besides, sit 2 put him in position where he needed Isabell to be big part of offense. 

I guess I just can't put those things on Ford. If those 3 weren't on the roster coming into the season, I wouldn't have had high expectations. 

23 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Theres never middle ground on this board. You either think Ford needs to go now or you'll make every excuse in the book for him. 

This team has underachieved. Ford deserves criticism. He also deserves a chance at a real roster

Dayton is doing more with an almost equally depleted roster. I’m tired of excuses. We have 5 4* players on our roster. The talent is there 

2 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

128. Year 3. Over $1 million a year salary. 128. Just lost to worst team in A10. Let the troll calling and not based in reality arguments and name calling begin. This is depressing. Either way we are still 128. But just you wait until next year....

Is there literally anything SLU related you are happy with? Weren't you the one saying Coach Stone should be on the hot seat?  

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

Sure but when I look at why I had high expectations, a big part was the deep front court and Isabell being a big part of offense. We lost Santos and Gordon and Isabell has been a disappointment. I dont know what happened with Santos but knew Gordon was risk but one worth taking.  Just was off on Isabell helping the offense and him being a grad transfer, Ford didn't have years evaluating how he'd fit in like he does with freshmen recruits. Besides, sit 2 put him in position where he needed Isabell to be big part of offense. 

I guess I just can't put those things on Ford. If those 3 weren't on the roster coming into the season, I wouldn't have had high expectations. 

Having French on the floor at the end of the Pitt game where they intentionally fouled him after we called a timeout and d!cked around for 15 seconds in a 2 point game is on Ford. That cost a chance at the game.

Having our worst defender (Isabell) on Gudmundsson all game and letting him drop 30 on us in a 1 point loss is on Ford.

Ford has gotten dealt a bad hand at SLU. He did really well thr past 2 years considering what he had. But he's made some bad mistakes this season and he's not above criticism. 

Zink, RiseAndGrind and dlarry like this

10 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Having French on the floor at the end of the Pitt game where they intentionally fouled him after we called a timeout and d!cked around for 15 seconds in a 2 point game is on Ford. That cost a chance at the game.

Having our worst defender (Isabell) on Gudmundsson all game and letting him drop 30 on us in a 1 point loss is on Ford.

Ford has gotten dealt a bad hand at SLU. He did really well thr past 2 years considering what he had. But he's made some bad mistakes this season and he's not above criticism. 

I didn’t understand the Gudmundsson matchup. Ford’s rationale? 

54 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Is there literally anything SLU related you are happy with? Weren't you the one saying Coach Stone should be on the hot seat?  

That’s just how some people are.

I bet Billy Ken hates universally loved movies too.

Probably though Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, and Toy Story were terrible flicks.

3 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

TrollPants, is this a new sign-on for you?  Since you aren't paying attention the worst team in the A10 per NET is George Washington.  The worst team in the A10 per current standings is Fordham.  Which one did we just lose to?  And here I thought we played St. Joseph's.

57 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I agree and I wasn't saying he is above criticism.  Just saying my expectations were set with a different roster.  His offense definitely has left a lot to be desired and he hasn't adjusted it to fit the players he has since he doesn't have a shooter. 

But again I guess it comes to expectations.  I never expected Ford to be the next Majerus in coaching.  The defense this year has been good but still can find problems like you pointed out.  I was expecting a great recruiter with Ford and with the freshmen he has brought in, class he has coming in next year, I haven't been disappointed there.  

47 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Probably though Forest Gump, Shawshank Redemption, and Toy Story were terrible flicks.

Forest Gump was a horrible waste of good actors. Please substitute Tombstone, Gladiator, or, We were Soldiers in the future....

Kenny hates the athletic department at SLU like cats hate water.  His hatred is biblical in proportion.  I don't get it  but it seems like he's convinced that Chris May molested his dog or something...….    

slufanskip likes this

40 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Forest Gump was a horrible waste of good actors. Please substitute Tombstone, Gladiator, or, We were Soldiers in the future....

Kenny hates the athletic department at SLU like cats hate water.  His hatred is biblical in proportion.  I don't get it  but it seems like he's convinced that Chris May molested his dog or something...….    

Agree to disagree on Gump.

Tombstone and Gladiator are both in my top 5 movies of all time and We Were Soliders was great but I wouldn’t call them universally loved. To many people dislike Westerns, violent epics, and war movies to be universally loved movies. 

I’d rather watch any of your 3 but those movies are more geared toward men.

You are dead on about his dislike for the AD.

When you have seven schollie players available for a game, and two starters walk into the arena in walking boots, most people recognize the chance it may be a long night.

as far as a coach losing a game because he is stuck in his approach, Majerus threw away a season for the same reason, with two all time top 20 Billiken players.

strange thing is...both coaches love defense and rebounding.

Listen, I’m not trying to stir up trouble. I honestly feel like Chief Brody in Jaws when he wants the beaches closed! I’ve been going to games for decades and I’m not totally down on Ford, but if in year 4 it’s like this, I’m out. I said everything about AD I wanted to say, he’s a zero and not worth talking about. Outside of Majerus/Crews coaching Majerus’ players this whole deal is suspect at best. As far as Ford, it’s his responsibility to bring in right pieces, shooters, character, etc. I don’t feel bad for him at all. I like him but this season is making me nervous. Preseason #1 in A10 and look at them now. It really is interesting how coaches, staff and leadership are never at fault or held accountable. It really is and anyone who questions anything is a troll or not a fan? I disagree. Just asking everyone’s better angels to think about all this. A guy asked this question and it made me think, if Villanova, Xavier, Gonzaga, Creighton or Georgetown just to name a few jobs opened...who Ford be a target or even get an interview if he was interested himself? I don’t know that answer and that’s what concerns me. The character of the players, chemistry of team, transfers, I doubt would happen like this under Majerus. It just seems sloppy. And you can’t compare Ford to Majerus as coach not even same planet. All I’m saying. 

1 hour ago, Billy Ken said:

Listen, I’m not trying to stir up trouble. I honestly feel like Chief Brody in Jaws when he wants the beaches closed! I’ve been going to games for decades and I’m not totally down on Ford, but if in year 4 it’s like this, I’m out. I said everything about AD I wanted to say, he’s a zero and not worth talking about. Outside of Majerus/Crews coaching Majerus’ players this whole deal is suspect at best. As far as Ford, it’s his responsibility to bring in right pieces, shooters, character, etc. I don’t feel bad for him at all. I like him but this season is making me nervous. Preseason #1 in A10 and look at them now. (1) It really is interesting how coaches, staff and leadership are never at fault or held accountable. It really is and anyone who questions anything is a troll or not a fan? I disagree. Just asking everyone’s better angels to think about all this. A guy asked this question and it made me think, if Villanova, Xavier, Gonzaga, Creighton or Georgetown just to name a few jobs opened...who Ford be a target or even get an interview if he was interested himself? I don’t know that answer and that’s what concerns me. (2) The character of the players, chemistry of team, transfers, I doubt would happen like this under Majerus. It just seems sloppy. And you can’t compare Ford to Majerus as coach not even same planet. All I’m saying. 

1.  Just stop.  The coaches shoulder the burden of criticism, and they've gotten plenty of it on this board.  Have you even been reading?

2. It's posts like this that suggest you're more of a troll than a fan, in my opinion.  Rick Majerus recruited Jon Smith, Jordan Johnson, Kwamain Mitchell, and Willie Reed, who were central in the first "situation" nine years ago, and RickMa lost several players to transferring, himself: Cotto, Smith, Johnson, Salecich, Tselentikis, and others I'm not remembering.  Your claim doesn't hold water.

cgeldmacher and CBFan like this

8 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

When you have seven schollie players available for a game, and two starters walk into the arena in walking boots, most people recognize the chance it may be a long night.

as far as a coach losing a game because he is stuck in his approach, Majerus threw away a season for the same reason, with two all time top 20 Billiken players.

strange thing is...both coaches love defense and rebounding.

Who is the starter besides Bess in the boot? 

12 hours ago, dlarry said:

Good calls on the flicks.  But in this rare instance, I would be inclined to say Toy Story 3 over the original.  Hardly any movie gets the waterworks moving than the end of that one.

"So long partner".

47 minutes ago, slu72 said:

My guess would be Welmer? 

Welmer has been out of his boot for a while.

Coach Ford on the St. Joe pre-game with Bob and Earl said his teams health has gotten worse since the Dayton game and said Izzy and Bess were both wearing a boot and did not practice.