GDT @ Flappy Birds

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

Just because I don’t post doesn’t mean I don’t watch the games or track the score on the ESPN app. What do you know about my fandom? I own a pair of signed Cody Ellis game worn shoes and a practice jersey for your information! 

I own a pair of Cody a Ellis signed underwear. Sup? 

joe_davola likes this

4 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

This is what we  are.  A team with no point guard.  No shooters.  No offense. No bench.  Sure, we might win at home, but likely no where else.  The Joeys shot lights out.  We can't shoot.  Simple math.  A second straight year of high(er) expectations shot in the a**.  

I thought we had a chance coming off the Dayton game.  Another illusion.  

It's hard to be a Billikens fan..as we all know too well.

Saw the game, bad news. The Bills had NO control over Charlie Brown and were blown away by  St. Joe's. The game started with a somber note about the passing of coach Martelli's father who was deeply liked by the team. I think they may very well have been trying to WIN for the Coach and his late father. Whatever happened tonight, we lost, a bad loss. Too bad, we go for the next game now.

1 hour ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Damn out of bad posts. 

When Lunardi mentioned the last 4 in he was talking about your mom.

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, BigMouthBilliken said:

But don’t ever for a second think that I post on this board during a blowout completely sober!

tenor.gif

12 minutes ago, billikenbill said:

This season’s over. What are our prospects for next year?

Preseason #1, but then 2 injuries and 3 defections later we’ll be at 16-10 after a bad loss to La Salle talking about how 2020-2021 is the year Ford takes us to the dance.  Fuok, starting to feel like a Dayton fan. 

Welp, that was ugly. Ran into a hot team, but we were once again fighting for 60 despite St. Joe's playing a really soft zone. While they shot 55.9% (and 42.9% from 3) on the night, we really struggled making 37.3% of our shots (23.1% from 3 and 55% from the line). Early in the game it seemed like they were really bombing 3s and couldn't miss, but in the 2nd half it seemed like they were also having considerable success getting shots at the rim. St. Joe's obviously made the decision to take French away and let us bomb away from deep. I guess at this point I should just come to the realization that we aren't an overly good team, but the Dayton game had me fooled into hoping we could see a turnaround, but there is no Jordan Binnington entering the lineup.

Does anyone know whether Goodwin is fighting injuries? Maybe my memory of him at Althoff is flawed, but man he seems to be lacking explosiveness.

last night was so disappointing.   after Wednesday vs Dayton, I had hoped we had snapped out of it.    But alas back to the same plodding offense and now add a very lazy defense.   playing last night over in future games will result in a lot more loses.   we are a mess.

It definitely showed how much we have to have a completely healthy javon bess.   let's hope he heals soon.  

13 hours ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

Ah, we lost by thirty, at least we didn't get blown out by 50, the amount Duke usually wins over Western Michigan.

The better question is the what living day-lights is this?  This is not photoshop, it's for the Lasalle game on the 10th of February.  It startles me!

I don't get what startles you. The WOMEN'S team play Lasalle on the 10th of February. The MEN play them on the 16th. The ad you posted is for the women's game. That may be why the ad features a member of the women's team.

SLU has a women's basketball team in case you didn't know.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

last night was so disappointing.   after Wednesday vs Dayton, I had hoped we had snapped out of it.    But alas back to the same plodding offense and now add a very lazy defense.   playing last night over in future games will result in a lot more loses.   we are a mess.

It definitely showed how much we have to have a completely healthy javon bess.   let's hope he heals soon.  

Ford said that he did not think Bess would ever heal 100% this year

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

12 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Ford said that he did not think Bess would ever heal 100% this year

I believe I heard during the postgame interview that Bess would probably go only in games for the rest of the season.  That means he won't participate in practice anymore?