Dayton from da'Couch .................

Taj79

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Signing one grad transfer and banking one scholarship would do it. Those would be your two scholarships in 2020. At least one player will transfer in the next 12 months due to lack of playing time, opening up a third scholarship in the following spring.

No way you ever bank a scholarship if a grad transfer is available, the spot will be opened up anyway.

Cincybill, dennis_w and ACE like this

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Cincybill said:

I guess for me in regards to the point guard, it just depends if you're trying to win now or win long term. If you get all the other pieces and you think you are a point guard away from competing for the conference, you do it in my opinion. If you only finish with high school kids and you can't find a difference making point guard, you go young and build for the future.

The way I look at it, the clock is ticking on the Goodwin/French duo. No at-large this year, next year in the junior years, if you approach it as a rebuilding year, then we're just left with them taking their shot at the Dance their senior year. That would be disappointing. Try to upgrade the best you can for next season and take your shot. With so many scholarships available, we could still add one or two more high school players, but that should be it.

30 minutes ago, ACE said:

The way I look at it, the clock is ticking on the Goodwin/French duo. No at-large this year, next year in the junior years, if you approach it as a rebuilding year, then we're just left with them taking their shot at the Dance their senior year. That would be disappointing. Try to upgrade the best you can for next season and take your shot. With so many scholarships available, we could still add one or two more high school players, but that should be it.

Situation 2 stole Goodwin and French's opportunity at multiple tournaments. Coach Ford tried to salvage their chances by bringing in Isabell and Wiley. It hasn't worked.

We're bringing in a bunch of new players. I'm more interested in establishing two years of continuity with those guys than continuing this cycle of one offs. The teams at the top of the conference are taking the tortoise approach and they are succeeding. 

kappy96 likes this

36 minutes ago, ACE said:

I will really feel for Goodwin and French if they don't get a shot at the dance.  It's a depressing thought. All cause of the title IX bunch.

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

I will really feel for Goodwin and French if they don't get a shot at the dance.  It's a depressing thought. All cause of the title IX bunch.

While I will also feel some for those two, if they really want a shot at the dance, they need to spend the summer moving that FT% up.