GDT: Arch Baron Cup 2k19

Littlebill

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

I just looked at the three point totals from the 10 game conference stats. 

Thatch is .385 with 5 of 13 

Bess, .348 at 23 of 66 

Hankton, .308 at 4 of 13

Wiley, .302 at 13 of 43

Goodwin, .250 at 6 of 24

Isabell, .132 at 5 of 38

Jacobs, .000 at 0 of 1

Small sample sizes for many but indicative of trends.

I posted this once before,Isabell should not shoot a 3 unless the clock says 1. 

HoosierPal likes this

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, wgstl said:

There it is.  You're new.  Its hard to make sense of it now, but you'll learn how people who join the board often come in hot and it upsets people because you cant tell if their trolls are not. You sorta have to prove your not a troll first.  Your issue is stating you didnt watch the game(against a big rival) and you're new to the board.  Typically this SCREAMS troll.  Not saying you are, but time will tell, ya dig?

Fair enough 

15 hours ago, Billikenbooster said:

Back on topic.

I am a pretty fastidious reader of the Board, but do not recal the history of the Arch Baron Cup, as it relates to Dayton.  Can anyone fill me in.

Thanks in advance.

mhg

I believe it started on the Dayton message board and it has really grown among their fan base. Not as much with ours yet but I wouldn't mind seeing it take off.

The history is mostly fiction. It's all in good fun.

14 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

Here's the website explaining the Cup. It has served to fill the void left by the Blackburn/McCafferty trophy (UD vs X) for Dayton fans. 

https://archbaroncup.com

This is awesome. I don't know how I never heard of this....I didn't think I'd missed a post on the Billikenboard since I found it in '01. I fully support making this "a thing".

The Arch-Baron website is epic and the black and white photos are great. There’s no doubt we need to make the Arch-Baron Cup a real part of basketball lore.

44 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I love the website, but have one problem.  They have a picture of our 1948 NIT Champion team claiming that they are the 1961 ArchBaron Cup winning team.  Not a big deal, but that's just a famous Billiken photo.

It's a joke, guy. The whole thing is satire.

23 hours ago, Littlebill said:

It's a joke, guy. The whole thing is satire.

I know that it is.  It's just that the picture they used was an iconic photo in Billiken fandom.  Wish they had found a miscellaneous picture of the Billikens from the 60s