GDT: Arch Baron Cup 2k19

Littlebill

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

We could tell you but then we'd have to kill you.........

I don't know the shoes personally but the family's been supporting the Billikens since before your troll heart started beating......

Wtf guys, seriously. I worked a late night and make a post that I'm just now checking in to see the good news... and I get labeled a troll and fake fan.  Why the attitude? 

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You have completely missed the point.  Nobody is saying that players do not have to be handled differently just that at some point the player has to accept his own responsibility for how he feels and can not always blame others.  I am sure Ford has tried to address his players differently based on their needs but Foreman got all the accolades last year so why is he so fragile this year - maybe he isn't who knows none of us are in the room but he should have taken some strength from his play and success last year and carry it over to this year.  So you admit that you did not hold the rejected person's hand and say it was not your fault but mine for turning you down.  Of course if they came back a year or two later and fixed their issues then they did "man up".  Once again - you know nothing of me so stay in your lane.

-if you added "bro" here I would have thought you are a tattoo artist

wgstl and cheeseman like this

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

What's the phrase, if my aunt had a penis she'd be my uncle? I think at this point we should count on missing a number of remotely contested shots in the paint (Goodwin is just really struggling to finish) and expecting much higher than 62.5% from the line is foolish. Last night Isabell was 5-5, Thatch was 4-4, Bess 3-3, and Goodwin 2-3 for a total of 14-15 or 93.3%, so the guards shot it well and did so in the 2nd half when it seemed like Dayton was making a bit of a run and we were getting a little stalled on offense. I mean how many more points would you expect to get from the line? The misses were from Foreman (4-11) who shoots 52.9% from the line and French (2-6) who shoots 33.8% from the line. 70% would have added 2 points and I guess those would have had to come from Foreman based on percentages.

2 points on free throws and another 8 coming from point blank misses by JGood who was 0-8 from that range was my point that the final score, my opinion, did not reflect how the Billikens dominated UD is all nothing more than that.  Our team grabbed the lead last night and never looked back and that was fun to see.

No complaints loved the game I am happy to see JGoods free throw shooting is improving and have noticed that he has slowed down shooting free throws.  The guards who are supposed to hit free throws did and I understand French and Foreman are what they are, this is our team.

It is all good, the wife and I had a enjoyable ride home after the game to Jeffco.  We talked about the game this morning and Agreed what a great night.

TheChosenOne likes this

1 hour ago, GBL_Bills said:

Respectfully disagree. Parody songs tend to come back and look incredibly embarrassing 4 years after they're made. Especially if music videos are involved

I don't think he was thinking we were going to get a quality product that stood the test of time out of it.

14 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

Wtf guys, seriously. I worked a late night and make a post that I'm just now checking in to see the good news... and I get labeled a troll and fake fan.  Why the attitude? 

You said I was an emotional fan I did not take that as a compliment but I was amused by the post.

Take a step back before posting and read and think.  When you put “wtf guys” in a post my opinion is that your mad and lashing out and when you use the word attitude your pointing the attitude finger at long time Billiken fans and season ticket holders.

I don’t post about 10 percent of the stuff I write because I will have a tendency to lash out myself but I trash the post because it is pointless.

I have been and will be put in my place on this site.  I always try to minimize the bad responses by thinking about what is on it before I press submit.

HP and 05 have kicked my but on this site and they are two of my favorites.

43 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

You have completely missed the point.  Nobody is saying that players do not have to be handled differently just that at some point the player has to accept his own responsibility for how he feels and can not always blame others.  I am sure Ford has tried to address his players differently based on their needs but Foreman got all the accolades last year so why is he so fragile this year - maybe he isn't who knows none of us are in the room but he should have taken some strength from his play and success last year and carry it over to this year.  So you admit that you did not hold the rejected person's hand and say it was not your fault but mine for turning you down.  Of course if they came back a year or two later and fixed their issues then they did "man up".  Once again - you know nothing of me so stay in your lane.

stay in your lane?  you mean like you did when you suggested foreman should have been able to be motivated from pure tough love.   you are a joke.  

1 hour ago, Box and Won said:

I can't believe they haven't taken this video down.

It is closing in on a million views.  Whoever owns the account that posted it has probably made a few thousand or more off of it.  That is probably why it is still up.

28 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Quietly, Thatch has the second highest 3% on the team. Granted only at 31 percent, but only Bess is in front of him. 

Close enough but, Wiley is at 31.3% to Thatch 31.0%.  He definitely has improved his stroke.  I like his FT form.  Nice, compact and quick. Now he needs to figure out how to finish underneath in traffic.

35 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Close enough but, Wiley is at 31.3% to Thatch 31.0%.  He definitely has improved his stroke.  I like his FT form.  Nice, compact and quick. Now he needs to figure out how to finish underneath in traffic.

I have no idea how I missed Wiley when looking at the stats, good catch. 

I don't think Thatch's percentages are super meaningful taken as a whole. It's the trendline that I like. He wasn't above 30% until last night. Hopefully it continues and he's mid-30s by the end of the season, which would be in line with my preseason hopes for him.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

You said I was an emotional fan I did not take that as a compliment but I was amused by the post.

Take a step back before posting and read and think.  When you put “wtf guys” in a post my opinion is that your mad and lashing out and when you use the word attitude your pointing the attitude finger at long time Billiken fans and season ticket holders.

I don’t post about 10 percent of the stuff I write because I will have a tendency to lash out myself but I trash the post because it is pointless.

I have been and will be put in my place on this site.  I always try to minimize the bad responses by thinking about what is on it before I press submit.

Appreciate the feedback. I'm not gonna lose sleep over it or anything.  Just surprised I got attacked for saying "just checked in and saw the good news. Go Bills!". It wasnt offensive, abrasive, or any of that. Just a fan that had to work late.  Just surprised at some of the reactions on this site. I guess I need to grow a thick skin around you guys.

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

We talked about the game this morning and Agreed what a great night.

Absolutely, how much more fun was it walking out of that game last night? Really nice to see the team bring it from the opening tip and not let up much (even when French and Bess were on the bench). It seemed like anytime Dayton made a run we always had the answer, but just overall Dayton couldn't handle us either on the glass or our defense (it just seemed like they had a really tough time getting good looks). Beating Dayton always just leaves me in a good mood, but how we played last night made it even more so.

30 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

Just surprised at some of the reactions on this site. I guess I need to grow a thick skin around you guys.

There it is.  You're new.  Its hard to make sense of it now, but you'll learn how people who join the board often come in hot and it upsets people because you cant tell if their trolls are not. You sorta have to prove your not a troll first.  Your issue is stating you didnt watch the game(against a big rival) and you're new to the board.  Typically this SCREAMS troll.  Not saying you are, but time will tell, ya dig?

billiken_roy likes this

4 hours ago, CBFan said:

Well said. It's like driving these groups road rage something we all have to work to keep in check. Anyone that comes in new has a bit of a curve to adjust and be accepted. Once you arouse the troll sensor it's hard to dig out. Unless adding something or agreeing with something it seems a little uncool, assholish to post - sh*t about others here. And just like if you walked into bar, party, The Office and you act like a Dwight that's the way you'll be treated.

6 minutes ago, Billikenbooster said:

Back on topic.

I am a pretty fastidious reader of the Board, but do not recal the history of the Arch Baron Cup, as it relates to Dayton.  Can anyone fill me in.

Thanks in advance.

mhg

That history thing had some questionable stuff in it.

5 hours ago, johnbj14 said:

I have no idea how I missed Wiley when looking at the stats, good catch. 

I just looked at the three point totals from the 10 game conference stats. 

Thatch is .385 with 5 of 13 

Bess, .348 at 23 of 66 

Hankton, .308 at 4 of 13

Wiley, .302 at 13 of 43

Goodwin, .250 at 6 of 24

Isabell, .132 at 5 of 38

Jacobs, .000 at 0 of 1

Small sample sizes for many but indicative of trends.

6 hours ago, brianstl said:

It is closing in on a million views.  Whoever owns the account that posted it has probably made a few thousand or more off of it.  That is probably why it is still up.

Couple of thousand dollars for a stupid video?

I need to become internet famous. 

Anybdoy know McBrooms number? He could probably give me some pointers.

Maybe a nut shot video would be easier. Those did great on America’s funniest homevideos and they’d be less painful than talking to McBroom too.