GDT: Arch Baron Cup 2k19

Littlebill

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, David King said:

Happy to see that TFord didn't succumb to the pressure from many here to bench Foreman.

One good game doesn’t make up for a season of sucking. With that said, who would he start instead?  We literally have zero backup bigs right now. 

This was a pleasant surprise.

Foreman played one of the best games he's ever had after a lot of us had written him off. 18 points and he was just 4-11 from the line. Not always pretty but he got it done.

Bess ended up with 14. He still looks hobbled and I hope he can get some more rest before Friday - 1-8 from 3 is a sign of tired/hurt legs.

9 turnovers for the game, just 2 in the second half. No matter what pace your team plays, 9 TOs is very good.

Shame to see French foul out because he really gave them trouble when he was in. 10 and 8 with 2 blocks in 19 minutes and they couldn't handle his physicality.

I'm hoping this game was a big step for Thatch. Looked like a confidence boost; let's hope it plays out like that. He was tough and efficient and did a lot of the little things that help you win.

This was maybe the most satisfying wire-to-wire win we've had all season. That's just not a thing this team does. But they never got close enough to really threaten. I'm impressed.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Thatch is gonna be a stud.

I think he could be a stud this year if he could get 30 min a game.  There's always next year.

Isabell with one turnover in 35 min.  Still too much gambling defensively and ill-advised jump shots but if he can limit his turnovers we have a chance to finish above .500 in the conference.  It's really up to him.  

DJ showed a helluva lot of pride tonight.  I'm very happy for him. 

Note the difference in Goodwin's offensive effectiveness when he has the ball on the perimeter versus when he's receiving it in the post.  He is clearly better in the post as he showed last game.  Fortunately, Foreman and Fred wrecked Dayton's scouting report so it didn't matter in this game.

There's a reason that I replaced Roland Gray with Javon Bess as my favorite Bill in my profile about a month ago.  This guy is the ultimate competitor.  Tell your grandkids to reserve his spot on the next Billiken All-Century team.

cgeldmacher, moytoy12 and Schasz like this

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I think he could be a stud this year if he could get 30 min a game.  There's always next year.

Isabell with one turnover in 35 min.  Still too much gambling defensively and ill-advised jump shots but if he can limit his turnovers we have a chance to finish above .500 in the conference.  It's really up to him.  

DJ showed a helluva lot of pride tonight.  I'm very happy for him. 

Note the difference in Goodwin's offensive effectiveness when he has the ball on the perimeter versus when he's receiving it in the post.  He is clearly better in the post as he showed last game.  Fortunately, Foreman and Fred wrecked Dayton's scouting report so it didn't matter in this game.

There's a reason that I replaced Roland Gray with Javon Bess as my favorite Bill in my profile about a month ago.  This guy is the ultimate competitor.  Tell your grandkids to reserve his spot on the next Billiken All-Century team.

Good insight. Thanks again. 

44 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Any recap from Ford? I think i missed it

He said he talked with each player individually over the past few days. Said he had DJ on a short leash due to his mistakes, thought in hindsight it was hampering him...so Ford told DJ he was leaving him in tonight no matter what....the leash is off DJ the Billiken Junkyard Dawg!!!