Frank's puff piece on Rammer & Earl

almaman

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball/this-duo-has-been-on-the-sidelines-for-slu-basketball-for-almost-30-years/63-f74a8f8e-9270-4c2b-a88f-5cfb156cde25

from tonight's news I assume.  I think half reason I've been a sports junkie all my life is the great broadcasters we've had in Town. My formative years blessed with 162 days a year spent with Harry and Jack and back then most games weren't on the boobtube and half were on in the day time but they were loud and clear on what really was for all practical purposes "the voice of Mid America". Then enjoying return of pro basketball with the Spirits and Costas first step to fame which I called around second or third time I listened to him and now 30 years of these 2.

7 hours ago, almaman said:

https://www.ksdk.com/article/sports/college/slu/slu-basketball/this-duo-has-been-on-the-sidelines-for-slu-basketball-for-almost-30-years/63-f74a8f8e-9270-4c2b-a88f-5cfb156cde25

from tonight's news I assume.  I think half reason I've been a sports junkie all my life is the great broadcasters we've had in Town. My formative years blessed with 162 days a year spent with Harry and Jack and back then most games weren't on the boobtube and half were on in the day time but they were loud and clear on what really was for all practical purposes "the voice of Mid America". Then enjoying return of pro basketball with the Spirits and Costas first step to fame which I called around second or third time I listened to him and now 30 years of these 2.

Thank you for  Sharing great piece, Ramsey has announced 1037 Billiken games.

I was listening to Bob and Earl on the Louisville win and Earl's high pitch response ranks with Jack Buck's go crazy call with Ozzie's homerun.

Even though most of the time Bob and Earl's broadcast is not in sync with the TV I still turn down the TV volume and listen to them.

32 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I was listening to Bob and Earl on the Louisville win and Earl's high pitch response ranks with Jack Buck's go crazy call with Ozzie's homerun.

Even though most of the time Bob and Earl's broadcast is not in sync with the TV I still turn down the TV volume and listen to them.

I use TunedIn Radio to grab the radio broadcast.  It has about a 30 second delay over the regular 101.1 feed.  Then I can sync it up with the TV by delaying the TV feed and muting those announcers.  Makes for a very enjoyable game.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

if you use the tune in app you can get them in sync. takes a bit of pausing each and sometimes too much trouble but well worth it. sorry missed HP reply with same info!

3 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

I use TunedIn Radio to grab the radio broadcast.  It has about a 30 second delay over the regular 101.1 feed.  Then I can sync it up with the TV by delaying the TV feed and muting those announcers.  Makes for a very enjoyable game.

2 hours ago, almaman said:

if you use the tune in app you can get them in sync. takes a bit of pausing each and sometimes too much trouble but well worth it. sorry missed HP reply with same info!

Thanks to both of you I will try that next game on TV.

That piece was awesome. I've been down on the team this year, especially through the losing streak, and some of you are giving me troll ratings, but Frank did a great job with that. Listening to Earl from the Louisville game had me laughing so hard tears were rolling down my face. Well done Frank, and thanks to Rammer and Earl for their terrific broadcasts. My son, who doesn't have the "I was born in St. Louis and had family there" connection as I do, became a big fan of the Bills once I got him to listen to Rammer and Earl. Now, he calls me after the games and gives me quotes from the broadcast even though I probably already heard it.

• 2 weeks later...

bump cause I haven't done GDT because sync of these guys makes me a behind by a few seconds but to anyone that i thinking about syncing up as such or somehow has it that way already it's a blast when you can see them and here them. couple classic shots of them tonight.