GDT: RI round 2 fight night

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, johnbj14 said:

Maybe my favorite thing about this season is the notion that there is some offensive plan that wasn't installed. There are days where guys look like they can't walk and chew gum, so I find the idea of offensive execution hard to believe. 

True, because we obviously have no offensive plan.

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

At least these results don’t hurt me like they used to. Wins - losses don’t really matter anymore.

Feel the exact same. After the Davidson loss, I felt oddly relaxed. Think I just knew it probably didn't matter from there on out.

When you have 0 ball handlers, 0 shooting threats, a sub .500 team FT%, and horrendous team 3PT % it's bound to catch up with you. Zero movement in the offensive zone and not actually running any sort of offense don't help either...

TheChosenOne and wgstl like this

1 minute ago, billikenbill said:

True, because we obviously have no offensive plan.

I really want to see the offense that he said the guys weren't ready to have installed. Does it make DJ pass the ball? Does it apply pine tar so we don't lose the ball every two seconds? Does it turn us into a competent shooting team?

4 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

I really want to see the offense that he said the guys weren't ready to have installed. Does it make DJ pass the ball? Does it apply pine tar so we don't lose the ball every two seconds? Does it turn us into a competent shooting team?

That's total BS. Ford is a Fraud. From now on he's Travis Fraud to me.

8 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

We are marginally better than last year and maybe not even that.  How disappointing.

1 minute ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach on postgame. A few guys didn’t show up today. Felt today was the first game this year that FT cost the game. 

How on earth do we 'not show up'??  WTF........

Missed FT's have cost us more than today's game.  What game is he watching?

12 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach on postgame. A few guys didn’t show up today. Felt today was the first game this year that FT cost the game. 

Play Thatch 30 a minutes a game and he'll get all the bugs worked out in 3 games.  We might even steal a game.  Continue playing Isabell 30 minutes a game and watch slow death by Chinese water torture.  Your choice, Coach.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

Play Thatch 30 a minutes a game and he'll get out the bugs worked out in 3 games.  We might even steal a game.  Continue playing Isabell 30 minutes a game and watch slow death by Chinese water torture.  Your choice, Coach.

Agreed. Switch their minutes, even if it doesn’t work at least fred will get some experience. 

TheChosenOne likes this

2 minutes ago, willie said:

I don’t understand how we tried to run the offense thru French at the end of the game. RI’s fouls on him might not have been intentional but I would foul him every time. Not blaming French for the loss but those misses made a win impossible. 

A lot of truth here. Those misses added to the multiple TO when we had a chance to tie or lead sealed the deal for Rhody. 

13 hours ago, willie said:

I don’t understand how we tried to run the offense thru French at the end of the game. RI’s fouls on him might not have been intentional but I would foul him every time. Not blaming French for the loss but those misses made a win impossible. 

Normally when you're scuffling to get a basket you put the ball in the hands of a someone who can create off the dribble.  We don't have one of those.

2 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Players signed up to win. This should have been a tournament team. 1 bid league and we’re the bottom half of it 

They want to play for the city, coach, program, facilities etc. Winning is part of it. They know we have lost some pieces and they want to be apart/ the reason of the winning.