101 ESPN GETS THE BLUES

AGB91

It would be if we moved to KMOX.  The one sport that doesn't conflict with baseball, at all, is college basketball.  It starts in November, right after baseball is over.  The final four is usually the weekend that baseball starts.  KMOX might welcome adding SLU and might promote us more.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

It would be if we moved to KMOX.  The one sport that doesn't conflict with baseball, at all, is college basketball.  It starts in November, right after baseball is over.  The final four is usually the weekend that baseball starts.  KMOX might welcome adding SLU and might promote us more.

Actually, for Cardinals-crazed St. Louis, even (spring training) baseball conflicts with college basketball.  Conference tournament and post-season day games would get cast off to 590 or 1380 in favor of spring training coverage.

Most spring training games are during the day.  Most Billiken games are at night.  I don't think that there would be as many conflicts as you think.  It certainly would be a hell of a lot less conflicts than we would have competing with the Blues on 101.1.

3 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Most spring training games are during the day.  Most Billiken games are at night.  I don't think that there would be as many conflicts as you think.  It certainly would be a hell of a lot less conflicts than we would have competing with the Blues on 101.1.

3 hours ago, White Pelican said:

Well, I hate to be the one to mention it, but I'd guess that if the Mighty Mox wanted some games to replace the Blues, they'd rather go after our scandal plagued friends to the west. Just sayin'.

That's why I said, "...conference tournament and post-season day games."  I recognize it would be undesirable to remain on 101.1 with the Blues.  Anyway, there have been more day Saturday and Sunday games this season than had been typical.

If 1120 seeks to replace the Blues with Mizzou — but then football would conflict with regular season Cards games, and Mizzou might not want that — then that would open up 550 for the Bills, which would be preferable, to me.

22 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I’d think we will end up on KMOX unless they push for mizzou but it’s quite possible mizzou has a longer term deal with 550 so that’s not an option for KMOX.

Don't we broker our time currently on 101?  I would think that would have to be more expensive to do at KMOX