GDT: vs The SPAHderrrs

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

a lot easier to be chill when you realize that the team is going no where in Travis Ford's third season. It's called apathy. 

Rise and Grind

You have made this point already.  You were wrong the first time and are again wrong this second time.  You imply 3 year is bad (4th year will be no better) all to blame Coach Ford.  Blame Dr. P and the Title IX people.  Season 3 was designed to have Hernandez, Graves and Bishop out there along with Bess, Foreman, French and Goodwin. I am thankful that Goodwin is even back, that we have Plan B (Isabell and Wiley) to salvage this season.  We are much better than 3 years ago, and more talented... but we are not as talented as you and other may think we are.   

CBFan likes this

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

You space the floor with two out of Jimerson, Perkins and Hankton. We'll have multiple shooters on the floor at all times. The problem now is we have Isabell sucking up valuable minutes at guard and Goodwin handles the ball entirely too much.

+1

I don’t care who disagrees. This season has been an unequivocal failure. Blame whatever/whoever you want. But to go from almost unanimous conference favorite to looking like we definitely won’t have a first round A10 bye is a massive failure. 

And I’m not at all convinced that we will be any better depth wise next year. I’m so tired of only having 8 players available. 

14 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

I think it’s difficult based on results, but curious where people would put Bess as far as talent. I would rank him behind Jett/Kwamain but ahead of Evans/Loe/McCall. Can’t really go further back for comparison and won’t touch Reed.

He’s in the Jett/Kwamain level IMO

3star_recruit likes this

2 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Rise and Grind

You have made this point already.  You were wrong the first time and are again wrong this second time.  You imply 3 year is bad (4th year will be no better) all to blame Coach Ford.  Blame Dr. P and the Title IX people.  Season 3 was designed to have Hernandez, Graves and Bishop out there along with Bess, Foreman, French and Goodwin. I am thankful that Goodwin is even back, that we have Plan B (Isabell and Wiley) to salvage this season.  We are much better than 3 years ago, and more talented... but we are not as talented as you and other may think we are.   

Clock. 

We disagree. It is Travis Ford’s team and it’s fault.  This team has a guy who will be playing in the NBA and they just lost at home to a trash Richmond team. Ford recruited this team and the players that left. 

As to Plan B 

isabell has been horrible  

Wiley has been bad except for 2 games. 

Maybe we should also give Ford a pass because Gordon and Santos left as well 

9 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

Oh how I miss Jett.  He was like a full back driving to the cup. Man, we need that now more than ever.

Our guards don’t drive to finish like Mitchell or Jett could.  They drive already planning to pass, which will never be efficient especially without shooters.  

I’d be more interested in seeing Thatch develop this than even his outside shot.

18 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

I think it’s difficult based on results, but curious where people would put Bess as far as talent. I would rank him behind Jett/Kwamain but ahead of Evans/Loe/McCall. Can’t really go further back for comparison and won’t touch Reed.

Kwmain stands alone at the top, we haven’t had a player who could create offense like Mitchell could since.  

Just now, ARon said:

Our guards don’t drive to finish like Mitchell or Jett could.  They drive already planning to pass, which will never be efficient especially without shooters.  

I’d be more interested in seeing Thatch develop this than even his outside shot.

Kwmain stands alone at the top, we haven’t had a player who could create offense like Mitchell could since.  

Thatch is a point guard away from being really effective. 

Just back from the game, the arena was very sparse tonight, and most of the students were there for a function presenting the student athletes that had made the Dean's list. The students did not stay for the second half. 

I have seen many games with one sided refs but this was special in the way they were blind to Richmond fouls and inventive on ours. I am convinced this is a game we lost entirely because of the refs. Too bad. Now let's move forward.

By the way the ground was slippery but there was no wind so, as long as you were dressed properly, walking in and out of the Chaifetz was not too bad.

I've been impressed by the development of Bess and French from last year to this year.  Goodwin has not developed anywhere near there, or really anywhere at all.  I can't pick up on one skill he has this year that he did not have last year--or any improvement on the skills he had.  He is falling behind others in his class.  He is going to have to have a huge summer if we are going anywhere with him leading the team next year.

I believe Thatch and Hankton could have huge summers and really boost their game, a la Bess and French.

billikenbill likes this

Just now, Matty Light said:

I've been impressed by the development of Bess and French from last year to this year.  Goodwin has not developed anywhere near there, or really anywhere at all.  I can't pick up on one skill he has this year that he did not have last year--or any improvement on the skills he had.  He is falling behind others in his class.  He is going to have to have a huge summer if we are going anywhere with him leading the team next year.

I believe Thatch and Hankton could have huge summers and really boost their game, a la Bess and French.

Not saying you’re wrong, it just sucks we’re already talking about the summer development and next season.

4 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Clock. 

We disagree. It is Travis Ford’s team and it’s fault.  This team has a guy who will be playing in the NBA and they just lost at home to a trash Richmond team. Ford recruited this team and the players that left. 

As to Plan B 

isabell has been horrible  

Wiley has been bad except for 2 games. 

Maybe we should also give Ford a pass because Gordon and Santos left as well 

No.  Your method of blaming Ford for everything is much better.  

Seriously.  Ford took a risk in the Spring (what choice did he really have?) in getting Isabell, Wiley and then Thor.  You will agree that Fall recruits are usually better and more reliable than Spring recruits? Blame Ford for them not leading us to being A10 Champs.  That's fine.  But Foreman is not good enough either.   And Goodwin has been inconsistent as well.  Let's just say that Goodwin's role would be different with Henrquez, Graves and Bishop -- and I suggest his role will be different next year with Yuri, Jimmerson and Perkins- and we may have 6 more guys as well.

3 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Seriously.  Ford took a risk in the Spring (what choice did he really have?) in getting Isabell, Wiley and then Thor.  You will agree that Fall recruits are usually better and more reliable than Spring recruits? Blame Ford for them not leading us to being A10 Champs.  That's fine.  But Foreman is not good enough either.   And Goodwin has been inconsistent as well.  Let's just say that Goodwin's role would be different with Henrquez, Graves and Bishop -- and I suggest his role will be different next year with Yuri, Jimmerson and Perkins- and we may have 6 more guys as well.

As with most things, it’s somewhere in the middle. Ford and the players both need to shoulder the blame for this season. 

2 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Ford is going to have to take more risks this spring just to fill out the roster. Then we will be in the same position next year. I’m not placing 100% of the blame on Ford but at some point you have to do something to get out of the vicious cycle. I think giving Ingvi 4-5 minutes a game so that we at least maintain a semblance of depth would have been a good start. 

TheChosenOne likes this

4 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Can't wait to take more risks in the Spring and sign.... 3-4 more players??? YAY!!!

He recruited Foreman. He recruited Goodwin. He put the team around them. It's on him. That's his problem. 

It's tiring to say "YEAH BUT JUST WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR! HAVE YOU SEEN [INSERT PLAYER'S] MIXTAPE?? HE'S THE DIFFERENCE."

This season has been an absolute disappointment in every respect (excluding, of course, Bess' phenomenal season) and I'm done with the excuses.

11 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Not saying you’re wrong, it just sucks we’re already talking about the summer development and next season.

Ya I think if we are going to salvage this season (a10 tourney), Wiley is gonna be the biggest key as far as wild card. Unfortunately he has been inconsistent as far as shot/injury