We are an NIT team... I hope.

BJK

1 hour ago, Billboy1 said:

Correct the problem and you won't have to hear about it

At this stage of the season it not going to be corrected - if was possible they would have done so by now.  We are stuck with a team for now that shoots between 55-60% at the FT line and that is a good night.  We have had some 48% nights.  We just have to accept it for the remainder of the year.  Hopefully we can be better next year with the new players.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Billboy1 said:

No excuse for missing two free throws. Doubt NIT or any other tourney. This team struggles way too much on offense.

no excuse for expecting any of our players to actually make both based on our track record for the year.   you are out of line.  

22 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

At this stage of the season it not going to be corrected - if was possible they would have done so by now.  We are stuck with a team for now that shoots between 55-60% at the FT line and that is a good night.  We have had some 48% nights.  We just have to accept it for the remainder of the year.  Hopefully we can be better next year with the new players.

Just recalling from my spotty memory, but it seems most guys other than French are shooting FTs better the last few games.  

After 3 years in a league like A10 I guess I expected more. I do like Travis, our seats are right over by where AD has sat for years. I use to be a fan, I really did of AD. However, over the years, personal experiences, speaking to arena staffers, slu people, people out in county where his stomping grounds are, he only turns it on if you can do something for him or showboating for higher ups or donors, same people that defend him on this board and say, you don’t know anything, he’s the nicest guy or he’s the best AD ever. Fine that is your experience and I respect that. When I’m around my big donor friend he’s chummy, just me and I say hi outside gate B and he just stares like I’m a complete stranger and keeps walking. I don’t expect him to know my name but I’ve met the man literally over 30 times at least! How does he raise money or work in a profession dealing with the public? Heard that from so many people it’s not funny. He has vision like mole, figuratively and maybe literally. Not very friendly and it’s very well known people around town aren’t big fans. My point is he has been around and is this program better off than when he took over? Is it more relevant than when Spoon or Majerus coached? I don’t think so. SLU isn’t relevant in metro area, much less nationally. He blew Big East membership, I’m sorry no way Butler get in over SLU and AD should keep job, if he really wasn’t to blame, if he had a spin he’d of left in protest. I just think department is stale and needs new leadership. If Ford deal doesn’t meet expectations, if Stone doesn’t make NCAA in year 10, those would both be huge failures. Am I right? All I’m asking is what is the bar and accountability AD holds at SLU? What’s his report card? I’m really asking. I think he’s a fake and not nice. If he was talented, and place was growing I could live with him. Just asking, not trolling. It’s my opinion and experiences over tens years of spending good money down there. I think Coach Ford and Coach Stone need better support possibly. 

2 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

After 3 years in a league like A10 I guess I expected more. I do like Travis, our seats are right over by where AD has sat for years. I use to be a fan, I really did of AD. However, over the years, personal experiences, speaking to arena staffers, slu people, people out in county where his stomping grounds are, he only turns it on if you can do something for him or showboating for higher ups or donors, same people that defend him on this board and say, you don’t know anything, he’s the nicest guy or he’s the best AD ever. Fine that is your experience and I respect that. When I’m around my big donor friend he’s chummy, just me and I say hi outside gate B and he just stares like I’m a complete stranger and keeps walking. I don’t expect him to know my name but I’ve met the man literally over 30 times at least! How does he raise money or work in a profession dealing with the public? Heard that from so many people it’s not funny. He has vision like mole, figuratively and maybe literally. Not very friendly and it’s very well known people around town aren’t big fans. My point is he has been around and is this program better off than when he took over? Is it more relevant than when Spoon or Majerus coached? I don’t think so. SLU isn’t relevant in metro area, much less nationally. He blew Big East membership, I’m sorry no way Butler get in over SLU and AD should keep job, if he really wasn’t to blame, if he had a spin he’d of left in protest. I just think department is stale and needs new leadership. If Ford deal doesn’t meet expectations, if Stone doesn’t make NCAA in year 10, those would both be huge failures. Am I right? All I’m asking is what is the bar and accountability AD holds at SLU? What’s his report card? I’m really asking. I think he’s a fake and not nice. If he was talented, and place was growing I could live with him. Just asking, not trolling. It’s my opinion and experiences over tens years of spending good money down there. I think Coach Ford and Coach Stone need better support possibly. 

You and others say May blew us getting in the Big East. How? We didn’t get in because two better programs did Butler and Creighton. I’ve been around this program longer than almost anybody on this board and May is one of the better AD’s we’ve had. The support for basketball has never been better. If I have to pick a scape goat for our lack of long term success and being a prime candidate for the Big East it is Biondi. He never gave the program the resources necessary to be a top program. 

9 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

I think I’d actually start wiley in Isabell’s place. The defensive trade off would be negligible at worst and we would have a shooter in to keep teams honest (or pay the price if they double French). 

Also, if fully healthy, KC should start getting more of DJ’s minutes.  

I believe this would best prep us for the conf tourney while not blowing everything up for the next 10 or so games.

You do your best thinking outside of the GDTs

3 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

When did you become a total d-bag.....you were always a d-bag regarding anything related to the athletic director but you've just outgrown your ad d-baggery……………...

Clock_Tower likes this

#1 watch the guy talk to an usher like I saw at a game this season then judge. Also where else can the highest paid coach in A-10 finish 4-5th after preseason #1 pick and get paid over a million a year? I don’t blame the coach, I can tell you that much. I’m done ringing bell about AD. Promise, will never change opinion and will just sit back and watch. Time will tell. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

You and others say May blew us getting in the Big East. How? We didn’t get in because two better programs did Butler and Creighton. I’ve been around this program longer than almost anybody on this board and May is one of the better AD’s we’ve had. The support for basketball has never been better. If I have to pick a scape goat for our lack of long term success and being a prime candidate for the Big East it is Biondi. He never gave the program the resources necessary to be a top program. 

BoT memeber straight up told me AD wasn’t prepared at all to be offered a spot in Big East and fumbled whole deal. Do you really think Father wouldn’t have taken more money???? Come on. Once Father was on way out he was blamed for not getting into BE and everything else right wrong or indifferent. Now unless BoT member I know was lying or totally wrong I don’t know, I doubt it. How did Butler get in??? BUTLER. 

Spoon-Balls likes this

19 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

BoT memeber straight up told me AD wasn’t prepared at all to be offered a spot in Big East and fumbled whole deal. Do you really think Father wouldn’t have taken more money???? Come on. Once Father was on way out he was blamed for not getting into BE and everything else right wrong or indifferent. Now unless BoT member I know was lying or totally wrong I don’t know, I doubt it. How did Butler get in??? BUTLER. 

Are you a basketball fan? Butler has a great record. We wish our program had the record of Butler. This is about basketball,not religion, not endowment not soccer stadiums,basketball. Offered a spot? 

slufanskip likes this

41 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

14 minutes ago, willie said:

Are you a basketball fan? Butler has a great record. We wish our program had the record of Butler. This is about basketball,not religion, not endowment not soccer stadiums,basketball. Offered a spot? 

willie, some posters haven't been watching much basketball, have they. Butler had two, TWO recent Championship Games on their resume, 2010 and 2011,when the expansion discussions started. The Big East officially formed July 2013.  Who was the hot ticket of the list of possible contenders?  It was Butler.  There was a sufficient amount of 'what have you done today' that got Butler in.  

49 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

1. See past Billiken Roy posts about the credibility of SLU BOT members.

2. Recall that Father B was the one who proclaimed during the Grawer era that SLU would consistently be a top 50 basketball program...and did nothing to back it up.

3. Note May is getting the blame for failure and none of the credit for the program’s success (AP poll votes recently)....detect a bias.

10 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

Our BoT is not a friend of the billikens.  I wouldn't believe a word  they said.  If anything slu related needs to go to improve billiken basketball it is the BoT

Billy Ken likes this

16 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

This is hard to read. It might not hurt to read it before you post it.

With that said, my impression of Chris May isn't much different than yours as far as his personality goes. He could certainly be more personable and fan friendly. My issue with most of your posts is your take on the women's basketball program is harsh and unrealistic.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

Watched SLU get in the tourney as a 9 seed while in Conference USA.  This team has as good a chance to win the A10 tourney as any team in the conference.  But need a top 4 finish for a bye.

who is our Justin Love?  

while bess is actually imo as good or better than justin love, what he did that week in memphis was phenomenal.   i.e. that is what i mean by asking  who is our justin love.   someone that will rise up to levels higher than expected to carry this team.   bess is the best bet.  but whether he will have that kind of a weekend is yet to be seen.   hope you are right.   

besides the thrill of the win, bess is such a good person (just like love) he deserves that storybook finish to end his career as a billiken.  

SLU_Lax likes this

I was thinking just last night about Javon Bess's being the 2019 version of 2000's Justin Love, but we need for someone to be a reprise of John Redden from that "Miracle in Memphis" run.  Which Billiken will step up and emulate what Redden did during that conference tournament championship run?