GDT Davidson

SLU_Nick

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Really? Really? These are all facts. There has been 2 sexual assault issues with players being expelled/withdrawing while AD has been there. He hired Crews, who won with Majerus players and players running team, ask one of them sometime and now he’s hired Ford in year three. I read OK State message boards and its scary how similar they are and this board is when it comes to Ford, I like him, just saying. Plus EVERYONE in town around high school AAU basketball knew CG was insane, but the coaches at slu thought they could change that, who did that workout? To say this is wrong, please tell where I am off? Thanks 

Situation 2 was not sexual assault.  That, sir, is a fact.

13 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Great points.  Goodwin has always played better off ball.  But I think that was the selling point to get him.  "We can make you the next Marcus Smart".

I thought he did a good job with the ball today. He had 6 assists and could of had 4-5 more. He found Wiley with a great pass for the final 3.

18 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I forgot about Jacobs - his shooting would not have been any worse.  I think we miss Gordon more than I originally thought.  Foreman is not the player he was last year for whatever the reason.

I agree 100 percent and when we lost Gordon I figured it would be difficult especially the way Foreman is playing.

Another short bench this season we have lost too much and has hurt our chances of making the big dance but for me the season is not over I am a Billiken fan my wife and I are all in for this team and coach both have a lot of spirit.

51 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Agree! Terrible passing, awful shot selection and free throws....could be one of the worst Bills team ever. How as a coaching staff do you A. realize guys who can and can’t shoot free throws B. Fix bad free throw shooting????? Two arm underhand them if it’ll work! Same stupid mistakes, turnovers every game. 

Your dumb as fuok

Westy03 likes this

11 minutes ago, EssEllYou said:

SMH. @billikenfan05 tags me as a troll for stating the above.  Weak.

@billikenfan05 is a true Billiken fan not a fair weather fan and I would love to have 10000 fans like him every game.

05 supports all things Billiken women’s and men’s by his attendance soccer etc...

Where you at the game today?

Have you attended a game this season?

Littlebill likes this

14 minutes ago, slusam said:

I thought he did a good job with the ball today. He had 6 assists and could of had 4-5 more. He found Wiley with a great pass for the final 3.

Goodwin is doing what he's capable of doing.  But he just doesn't have the ballhandling ability or instincts to find the weaknesses in a zone.  You need a true point guard for that. Once you collapse that zone with dribble penetration we get dunks for French instead of missed three pointers.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

We consistently do the basic things wrong and that’s really worrisome.  For example, I’ve never seen a team throw so many lazy passes over the course of the last couple of seasons. How does a coach allow this to happen?  It’s a third grade thing yet we do it game in and game out.   

This is one of the most maddening things with this team. I am pretty much done with Isabell's token 2-3 bonehead turnovers per game (on top of the team's 6-7) and his possession-wasting drives to the hoop. If he isnt scoring, he shouldn't be on the floor. Three times in the last 3 minutes he singlehandedly janked up the offense, either with turnovers or poor ball-handling decisions. A senior guard should never do that. 

Gut wrenching loss. 

McKillop is one of the best coaches in the country. He simply outcoached Ford. He rendered our planned plays coming out of time outs meaningless by switching to zone, a 3/4 press, and back to man. Also created some backdoor layups on a handful of possessions as a direct result of plays called from the bench. Davidson is such a well-coached team. We looked 'off' the whole game. Even when we were winning, it seemed like we were still down. 

Held Grady to 8. Outrebounded them by 11.  Shot 65% from the line. Still an L. 

I

9 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

This is one of the most maddening things with this team. I am pretty much done with Isabell's token 2-3 bonehead turnovers per game (on top of the team's 6-7) and his possession-wasting drives to the hoop. If he isnt scoring, he shouldn't be on the floor. Three times in the last 3 minutes he singlehandedly janked up the offense, either with turnovers or poor ball-handling decisions. A senior guard should never do that. 

Gut wrenching loss. 

McKillop is one of the best coaches in the country. He simply outcoached Ford. He rendered our planned plays coming out of time outs meaningless by switching to zone, a 3/4 press, and back to man. Also created some backdoor layups on a handful of possessions as a direct result of plays called from the bench. Davidson is such a well-coached team. We looked 'off' the whole game. Even when we were winning, it seemed like we were still down. 

Held Grady to 8. Outrebounded them by 11.  Shot 65% from the line. Still an L. 

I wish Isabell was never a Billiken. 

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I

I wish Isabell was never a Billiken. 

While he has disappointing moments id hate to think where wed be without.   The real problem, pain is still the hangover from S2.   So unfair.   Henriquez  alone would have been the difference maker.   Damn the self proclaimed powers that robbed those young men and the fandom.    

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

While he has disappointing moments id hate to think where wed be without.   The real problem, pain is still the hangover from S2.   So unfair.   Henriquez  alone would have been the difference maker.   Damn the self proclaimed powers that robbed those young men and the fandom.    

While true, it isn’t a get out of jail free card for the coaches or players.

45 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

While true, it isn’t a get out of jail free card for the coaches or players.

I get calling out the players for turnovers bad fouls missed layups this game was full of them.

Unfortunately this is who we are this season with what is left with the team now.  This is not the team I thought we would be before the season I did not think I would see this much DJ because of Santos and Gordon.  I was hoping to see Welmer 5 to 8 minutes a game.

Going forward I just want to enjoy my team and enjoyed I did today what a thrill it was when Wiley hit that shot it was on my end of the court and it has been a long time since it has been that loud and crazy after that shot in years.  The wife and I and our whole section was already standing yelling. 

18 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I get calling out the players for turnovers bad fouls missed layups this game was full of them.

Unfortunately this is who we are this season with what is left with the team now.  This is not the team I thought we would be before the season I did not think I would see this much DJ because of Santos and Gordon.  I was hoping to see Welmer 5 to 8 minutes a game.

Going forward I just want to enjoy my team and enjoyed I did today what a thrill it was when Wiley hit that shot it was on my end of the court and it has been a long time since it has been that loud and crazy after that shot in years.  The wife and I and our whole section was already standing yelling. 

You make some good points.  And agreed, just going to enjoy the games down the stretch and hope they can give us something to celebrate in NYC. 

3 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Goodwin is doing what he's capable of doing.  But he just doesn't have the ballhandling ability or instincts to find the weaknesses in a zone.  You need a true point guard for that. Once you collapse that zone with dribble penetration we get dunks for French instead of missed three pointers.

HOT take: yuri collins may be travis ford’s most important recruit at slu. maybe he’ll bring an offense with him 

yes this is hyperbole

I'm a little sick and tired of folks complaining about Goodwin's game. I know this sounds like a naive fan, but the kid gives his all every minute he's on the floor. The only thing I can fault him for is the lack of development in his 3 point shot. Bess has proved a player can improve his shot. JGood has to follow his example. If he had confidence in it, he could have easily had 9-12 more points yesterday. He had open looks but took a pass every time. If he wants to up his stock he'll put in the work to make himself a better shooter. Probably not going to happen this season, but that's what summers are for. 

SLU_Lax likes this

13 hours ago, CBFan said:

@billikenfan05 is a true Billiken fan not a fair weather fan and I would love to have 10000 fans like him every game.

05 supports all things Billiken women’s and men’s by his attendance soccer etc...

Where you at the game today?

Have you attended a game this season?

@CBFan @billikenfan05 that's great, but why am I troll though? Also,  I live about 300 miles from SLU, but a true fan that sticks with my team no matter where I live. I state that it'll take a year or two to develop our new freshman, and now I'm some troll in this forum? I dont get it...

48 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I'm a little sick and tired of folks complaining about Goodwin's game. I know this sounds like a naive fan, but the kid gives his all every minute he's on the floor. The only thing I can fault him for is the lack of development in his 3 point shot. Bess has proved a player can improve his shot. JGood has to follow his example. If he had confidence in it, he could have easily had 9-12 more points yesterday. He had open looks but took a pass every time. If he wants to up his stock he'll put in the work to make himself a better shooter. Probably not going to happen this season, but that's what summers are for. 

I agree. Dude was 8-11 FTs, and a rebound + 4 assists shy of a triple double. 

As I stated two days ago we are likely going to miss the dance this year and next season. It will have to wait until 20-21. Too many FR next year to blend into the soup. I guess that could change if we land a really talented GT PG or big, but how realistic is that. Maybe the JUCO route could snag us a PG or a PF/C, but you're still faced w/the whole coming together thing. Not impossible, but as this season has shown not a walk in the park. The big question will be how quickly the FR can adjust, and since none are one and doners (a good thing) it will likely take all season. Fred's been good for a FR, but still got a ways to go. Jacobs and Hankton will still be WIP's next year. JGood and French are good, but can't carry the whole load.

So, while I'm excited to see how our newbies do next year, I'm not gonna have visions of sweet 16 runs dancing in my mind like I did this season. 

32 minutes ago, slu72 said:

As I stated two days ago we are likely going to miss the dance this year and next season. It will have to wait until 20-21. Too many FR next year to blend into the soup. I guess that could change if we land a really talented GT PG or big, but how realistic is that. Maybe the JUCO route could snag us a PG or a PF/C, but you're still faced w/the whole coming together thing. Not impossible, but as this season has shown not a walk in the park. The big question will be how quickly the FR can adjust, and since none are one and doners (a good thing) it will likely take all season. Fred's been good for a FR, but still got a ways to go. Jacobs and Hankton will still be WIP's next year. JGood and French are good, but can't carry the whole load.

So, while I'm excited to see how our newbies do next year, I'm not gonna have visions of sweet 16 runs dancing in my mind like I did this season. 

Perkins won't be a freshmen and Jimerson is a 5th year senior who moved to a better team to play against better competition.  I understand what you are saying but these two are also scorers so even if Jimerson comes off the bench for a few minute stretches to stop the opponent from packing the paint, it will help.  As long as they are here in the summer I have no doubt they can be able to pick it up quick enough to contribute.   

But I am still excited for this year.  This team competes every game and except for 1 game, has been in every game until the end.  Lets get another winning streak going and win the conference.  

18 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Perkins won't be a freshmen and Jimerson is a 5th year senior who moved to a better team to play against better competition.  I understand what you are saying but these two are also scorers so even if Jimerson comes off the bench for a few minute stretches to stop the opponent from packing the paint, it will help.  As long as they are here in the summer I have no doubt they can be able to pick it up quick enough to contribute.   

But I am still excited for this year.  This team competes every game and except for 1 game, has been in every game until the end.  Lets get another winning streak going and win the conference.  

I do like your thinking about this season, but fear we just don't have the horses to get 'er done. Still, had we hit some FTs in 2 particular games we'd only have 4 Ls instead of 6. 

Real concern is we are so challenged on the offensive side of the game 

49 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Agreed.  The Bills are now competing for one thing and one thing only: a Top 4 seed in the A10 tournament.  Once that is achieved, anything is possible, be it NCAA, NIT, etc.

Allow me to get on my soap box for a moment.  My friends and I enjoy 8 seats in the lower reaches of 103.  We are hoarse from shouting at the end of just about every game, especially games such as yesterday’s.  We showed up yesterday, put on our white T shirts and started cheering, as did 70% of the fans around us.

My frustration is with the other 30%.  They come in, fold up their T shirts, sit on them, and remain zombie-like the entire game, only emerging from their frozen positions when forced to by Wiley’s amazing 3 point make.  I just don’e get it.  Why not stay home and let someone else purchase their sought after seats?  Just kills me....

CBFan likes this

56 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Respectfully disagree with next season the reason why for this season is freshman and new players blending together.  Our problem is players that are no longer on the roster and medically cannot play.

With a healthy Welmer, Gordon and Santos playing not only do we beat Davidson we beat SIUC, Duq, Pitt and Houston and we could be ranked and undefeated in the A10.  The freshman that remain are not impact players like Gordon however Thatch has given quality minutes most of the time when he is in the game.

Next season in my opinion 4 impact players are already signed.  Perkins and Hargrove replace what we get out of Bess offensively and Jimmerson will play the Wiley role and we will finally have a true point guard in Collins.  The current freshmen will work hard to get playing time and will not want to get beat out by the new players for starting positions.

Can coach Ford finally keep all of his players in a season have at least 12 scholarship players all season.  This has hurt our big dance chances now for two seasons.

cgeldmacher likes this

4 minutes ago, Gremio14 said:

Agreed.  The Bills are now competing for one thing and one thing only: a Top 4 seed in the A10 tournament.  Once that is achieved, anything is possible, be it NCAA, NIT, etc.

Allow me to get on my soap box for a moment.  My friends and I enjoy 8 seats in the lower reaches of 103.  We are hoarse from shouting at the end of just about every game, especially games such as yesterday’s.  We showed up yesterday, put on our white T shirts and started cheering, as did 70% of the fans around us.

My frustration is with the other 30%.  They come in, fold up their T shirts, sit on them, and remain zombie-like the entire game, only emerging from their frozen positions when forced to by Wiley’s amazing 3 point make.  I just don’e get it.  Why not stay home and let someone else purchase their sought after seats?  Just kills me....

Look you are never going to get 100% of those in attendance standing up and cheering the entire game.  Be grateful that they support the team financially by buying a tix and spending on parking and concessions.  We need fans that cheer and fans that pay - the combo works.  I was standing at one point and I had a guy two rows back ask me sit so his wife could see.  He and his wife were in their 30s so lets make sure we just don't always - not you - assume it is the old timers who are the problems.