GDT: The pretend Duke

The three shot was the dagger in us tonight.  All we needed was a few more to drop and we have a win...that's even with our dismal 23 turnovers.  I still feel good about this team. I dont think we'll have another game like that this season. We'll be tough and tested come tourney time.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I did not understand thedefensive  strategy tonight. That’s on Ford. A huge mistake

I was so ready for this season to just take off too. 

Unfortunately Travis can recruit but his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Ask Oklahoma State why he was let go. 

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

Some Oklahoma St fans used to say Ford would like like Wooden a few times a year and then he'd look like a 6th grade assistant coach another handful of times. Obviously that's extreme but I kinda get it now after the first 20 games this year 

he also stayed relevant in a deep b12 pretty much every year.

5 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

The level of hostility during a close game and after a loss on this board is mesmerizing

It's the one piece of enjoyment I get after a loss.  I'm guilty with the overreacting as well.

Ford on postgame:  “It’s really hard to play... well I’m just gonna leave it at that.”  Was definitely about to say 8 on 5 .

“When their fans are feeling bad for you... (you know the officiating was bad)”. 

He’s clearly holding back but he was pissed about the officiating. 

3 minutes ago, billikenblue said:

Unfortunately Travis can recruit but his in game coaching leaves a lot to be desired. Ask Oklahoma State why he was let go. 

Yea he totally should've called the "don't turn the ball over 23 times with a ton of careless errors and make more than 2 for 20 on 3s".   Ford has his problems but to blame him on this one is wrong.  

BillIkenFan_Dan likes this

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

He was trying to cover for Javon. When French was out of the game the 1-3-1 covered fro DJ. I get the idea, it didn’t work. We move on, hopefully we have a full lineup for Saturday 

At some point, he needed to realize it wasn’t working. 

Just now, gobillsgo said:

Ford on postgame:  “It’s reall hard to play... well I’m just gonna leave it at that.” 

“When their fans are feeling bad for you... (you know the officiating was bad)”. 

WHERE DOES EVERYONE GET A POST GAME FROM FORD

1 minute ago, gobillsgo said:

Ford on postgame:  “It’s really hard to play... well I’m just gonna leave it at that.”  Was definitely about to say 8 on 5 .

He should worry about his his team played 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

I really thought the glaring issues were turnovers, Duquesne does that well and shooting. We probably lost the game on blocked shots alone though. 

Many turnovers were just silly unforced errors with nothing to do with Duq.  It’s been a prob most of the season regardless of opponent.

2 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

Wrong.

Duquesne’s NET was 152.

According to the NET we’re not all that great.. personally, I’m pretty disappointed in the NET calculations

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Many turnovers were just silly unforced errors with nothing to do with Duq.  It’s been a prob most of the season regardless of opponent.

A ton of those TOs were taught in cyc, those are hard to swallow.