The House That Rick Built Podcast

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm confused.  Was it Seth Greenberg or Seth Davis?

Greenberg.  There way have been some confusion because there was some Twitter interaction between Davis & THTRB account as well, but Greenberg is the one who agreed to do the Podcast.

We just released our episode with Seth Greenberg which is above. I'm asking you guys as a community, please help us grow this podcast further as we continue to brainstorm new fun content avenues. Please retweet, reply to our tweets, like them, follow us on facebook as well where you can share them.

On 12/3/2020 at 12:07 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Congratulations guys!  Lot of gems from Greenberg this one.  He gets it.  

One of the key takeaways is his emphasis about just how hard it is to make the NBA. We constantly talk about who has the best chance when the reality is that they're all long shots.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

One of the key takeaways is his emphasis about just how hard it is to make the NBA. We constantly talk about who has the best chance when the reality is that they're all long shots.

To my ears, it sounded like Greenberg was talking about a guy making the NBA and sticking around for a few years.  I agree any given player on our roster making the NBA is a long shot, but I don’t think it’s quite as difficult to just get a small NBA taste as Greenberg made it out to be.  I’d wager that someone on our current roster does that, but against anyone getting regular NBA time.

There are a fair amount of recent players from A10 teams who’ve had NBA cups of coffee (Jaylen Adams, Yuta Watanabe, etc.).  It’s a matter of being good enough, not taking a more lucrative career overseas, finding the right situation and luck.  Bess, for example, could probably do it if he stick with the G-League long enough & gets into the right situation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All details of the Orlando Stewart fight must be gone through.

He played with a ton of knuckleheads, lots of good material.  Kevin Footes, Big Mel, Carlos Skinner, Stewart, Travis Tadysak, Jorge Wallace, Tony Manuel, Chip Entwhistle.

He saw Bonner turn from a raw undersized post to a NBA career player.

Get his views on Upchurch situation.  Also the demise of Grawer's tenure.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

All details of the Orlando Stewart fight must be gone through.

He played with a ton of knuckleheads, lots of good material.  Kevin Footes, Big Mel, Carlos Skinner, Stewart, Travis Tadysak, Jorge Wallace, Tony Manuel, Chip Entwhistle.

He saw Bonner turn from a raw undersized post to a NBA career player.

Get his views on Upchurch situation.  Also the demise of Grawer's tenure.

Unfortunately we recorded Wednesday night. We missed on Upchurch and a couple of the “knuckleheads” but we got some great stories. He asked if there was anyone we wanted him to reach out to to have on the pod so that’s big time. 

Jorge Wallace would be a great person to have on.

He had a lot of issues at SLU and was kicked out of the program for many infractions.  He was on some good teams with Bonner.  Became a substance abuse counselor and life coach.  He was a professor at Maryville for a while.  An improbable story.