The House That Rick Built Podcast

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Responding to your podcast, Travis was definitely upset with Tramaine for going for the late layup. When the other team stops defending on the final possession you stop shooting. It’s an unwritten rule but one you’re expected to follow.

I’m not sure Dambrot was happy with Tramaine either. Go back and watch the replay on the handshake line after the game. Dambrot made contact with Tramaine around the shoulder as if to say, “What were you doing, man?” But then it appeared he was being complimentary to him on his play. 

Be interesting to know what actually took place there.

Guys, you completely missed it with the discussion about the Duquesne alley attempt off the backboard. It was the pipsqueak, Dunn-Martin, who had the ball and his shot attempt would’ve been swatted and he knew it.

The alley off the board was their only hope to complete the break. That Kelly got injured on the rebound was just basketball. I’m sure there was no mention of that play in the Duquesne locker room after the game.

It’s great that you’re doing the podcast but tighten up on the facts.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

I’m not sure Dambrot was happy with Tramaine either. Go back and watch the replay on the handshake line after the game. Dambrot made contact with Tramaine around the shoulder as if to say, “What were you doing, man?” 

No way Dambrot said anything like that. 

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Guys, you completely missed it with the discussion about the Duquesne alley attempt off the backboard. It was the pipsqueak, Dunn-Martin, who had the ball and his shot attempt would’ve been swatted and he knew it.

The alley off the board was their only hope to complete the break. That Kelly got injured on the rebound was just basketball. I’m sure there was no mention of that play in the Duquesne locker room after the game.

It’s great that you’re doing the podcast but tighten up on the facts.

Just rolled the tape back and I have to disagree. Isabell was the only one trailing DunnMartin. Isabell is just as diminutive and an unlikely shot blocking candidate. The next nearest Billiken was at the free throw line. DunnMartin had more options than a low percentage alley oop off the backboard. He was just showboating going for an unnecessarily difficult play, which could have honestly completely sucked the life out of the arena at that point 

Sure we try to be as accurate as possible but it’s also a podcast done for entertainment for our listeners and for ourselves. Sometimes it’s fun to be an idiot and have stupid discussions for the sake of having them. The only reason I brought it up was because the two things unfortunately happened back to back which is a brutal coincidence. 🤙🏼

3 hours ago, billikenbill said:

Responding to your podcast, Travis was definitely upset with Tramaine for going for the late layup. When the other team stops defending on the final possession you stop shooting. It’s an unwritten rule but one you’re expected to follow.

I’m not sure Dambrot was happy with Tramaine either. Go back and watch the replay on the handshake line after the game. Dambrot made contact with Tramaine around the shoulder as if to say, “What were you doing, man?” But then it appeared he was being complimentary to him on his play. 

Be interesting to know what actually took place there.

Isabell was on 101 yesterday and they asked him about the final play, the way he was talking it didn’t sound like Ford was upset. 

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

Isabell was on 101 yesterday and they asked him about the final play, the way he was talking it didn’t sound like Ford was upset. 

He didn't mention Ford when commenting on that final play.  He talked about his teammates and his family being there and he went for it.   13:55 on the tape. 

Personally I didn't like it, just like I didn't like his last shot against St. Joe here at home.

2 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Dambrot knew exactly what was going on there. Two players locked in trying to outscore the other. Williams Jr. had just made an uncontested layup at the other end.

I was looking right at TF with TI kind of driving toward basket between us and got the vibe that in the spirit of the unprecedented in my memory Sosa/MM like show that kind of took on a life of its own coach kind of said heck go for it. He too had to realize TI needed another bucket to be top scorer while becoming one of a handful of of Bills to ever get 40. And then the punchline of him blowing it in the end. O Henryish.

billikenfan05 likes this

55 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

He didn't mention Ford when commenting on that final play.  He talked about his teammates and his family being there and he went for it.   13:55 on the tape. 

Personally I didn't like it, just like I didn't like his last shot against St. Joe here at home.

Didn’t say that he did. I said it didn’t seem like It was a problem.

I guarantee you if they asked him after the St. Joe game his answer would have sounded much different.

Personally I’m all for it.  if Duquesne is going to be OK with Williams taking an uncontested layup to get his 40 Isabell should do the same.

Id much rather Isabell take that shot so a Billiken can own the  Chaifetz record than to concede the record to Williams who did the same thing.

53 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Didn’t say that he did. I said it didn’t seem like It was a problem.

I guarantee you if they asked him after the St. Joe game his answer would have sounded much different.

Personally I’m all for it.  if Duquesne is going to be OK with Williams taking an uncontested layup to get his 40 Isabell should do the same.

Id much rather Isabell take that shot so a Billiken can own the  Chaifetz record than to concede the record to Williams who did the same thing.

Very true on the St. Joe shot.  Coach pointed it out on the post game.

Thatch stole the ball at 0:22.  Shot clock reset and off.  Billikens were up by 10, 83-73.  Game was over.  Thatch shoots a layup at 0:18 seconds. Thatch should have held the ball.  Williams scores at 0:12.  Isabell shoots 3 times and misses.  If I'm up by 10 with 22 seconds to go, I hold the ball. 

Records are made to be broken.  Before the game, did you know or care that Kent State's Al Fisher held the Chaifetz record? 

11 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Very true on the St. Joe shot.  Coach pointed it out on the post game.

Thatch stole the ball at 0:22.  Shot clock reset and off.  Billikens were up by 10, 83-73.  Game was over.  Thatch shoots a layup at 0:18 seconds. Thatch should have held the ball.  Williams scores at 0:12.  Isabell shoots 3 times and misses.  If I'm up by 10 with 22 seconds to go, I hold the ball. 

Records are made to be broken.  Before the game, did you know or care that Kent State's Al Fisher held the Chaifetz record? 

I did not know it was Al Fisher. I know who holds the record now and I know it’s not a Billiken.

I can understand why some people thought the St. Joe’s shot was kind of a dick move but I think this was a unique situation. Like Isabell said on the radio 

“there is a big difference between 39 and 40” 

These “unwritten rules” are ridiculous. They are always left up to interpretation and most of the time there is a gray area involved. 

Plus which unwritten rules do you follow?

Play hard until the final whistle or stop trying to score when the game is all but over?

Episode 18:

- St Bonaventure Recap

- A10 Tournament Talk

- Terrence Hargrove Interview

- Women's Hoops

Plus much more.

iTunes : https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-house-that-rick-built/id1450098755?mt=2&i=1000431507312

Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/6TY5XqDn9svHko30Ocun5i?si=8e_nWiWrQqaElvtMU5QdNw

8 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Listened to the podcasts. From twitter activity or lack of, jacobs and KC are not returning next year would be my bet

Honest question what makes you feel this way?

My opinion is that I hope both stay they will be a big part of the team next season and I would think both would feel that way.

With so many new members next season if both of these guys have great summers and stay healthy could start or get a lot of playing time.

When I look at next season I see French, Goodwin and Perkins as starters the other positions is wide open for Jacobs and KC.

I watched Collins over the weekend and he moves the ball up court really well and found the open guys by the basket but is he ready to start as a freshman?

6 minutes ago, CBFan said:

My opinion is that I hope both stay they will be a big part of the team next season and I would think both would feel that way.

With so many new members next season if both of these guys have great summers and stay healthy could start or get a lot of playing time.

When I look at next season I see French, Goodwin and Perkins as starters the other positions is wide open for Jacobs and KC.

I watched Collins over the weekend and he moves the ball up court really well and found the open guys by the basket but is he ready to start as a freshman?

Because they haven’t used social media to Glory Ravs expectations. His reasoning is odd considering you could point to a lot of other things including playing time as a reason to leave but apparently every freshman has to make an impact from day 1 or they are going to leave 

9 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Listened to the podcasts. From twitter activity or lack of, jacobs and KC are not returning next year would be my bet

Lol

You are the Sherlock Holmes of Twitter.

What else can you tell me from reading or not reading peoples tweets?

I hope you are following big time CEO’s. With your unique ability to read what people are tweeting, or even more impressive, not tweeting you can use it to own the stock market. It would be like a legal insider trading super power.

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Because they haven’t used social media to Glory Ravs expectations. His reasoning is odd considering you could point to a lot of other things including playing time as a reason to leave but apparently every freshman has to make an impact from day 1 or they are going to leave 

Almost every current player is recruited over and most stay work hard for playing time.

I like next seasons guards being Jacobs, Goodwin, Collins, Thatch very athletic set of guards.

Foward / wing French, Perkins, Hargrove, Hankton, Jimerson is pretty nice too.

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Almost every current player is recruited over and most stay work hard for playing time.

I like next seasons guards being Jacobs, Goodwin, Collins, Thatch very athletic set of guards.

Isnt Jimerson a guard?

7 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I sincerely hope that Ford is actively recruiting players that would put French and Goodwin on the bench next season.  Wouldn't that present us with a great team?  Wouldn't Goodwin and French relish the opportunity to fight for their job?  And I hope Ford already has an active plan to bring in another point guard over Collins for 20-21.  Any coach who isn't trying to upgrade his roster isn't doing his job, IMHO.

Zink and CBFan like this

7 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I sincerely hope that Ford is actively recruiting players that would put French and Goodwin on the bench next season.  Wouldn't that present us with a great team?  Wouldn't Goodwin and French relish the opportunity to fight for their job?  And I hope Ford already has an active plan to bring in another point guard over Collins for 20-21.  Any coach who isn't trying to upgrade his roster isn't doing his job, IMHO.

Do you think that's asking for a lot out of a spring recruiting class? It's generally unusual to recruit a freshman who can come in and play right away, I'm not sure I get the obsession(I can't think of a better term) with bringing in players that HAVE to make big contributions as freshmen. Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome, I just don't think it's something we should expect most of the time and definitely not out of a spring signing. In my mind I think Perkins, Collins and Hargrove all have the ability to relegate Goodwin to first off the bench.

3 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Depends on your definition of a guard.  Is Bess a guard or forward, or both, or neither?  To me it doesn't matter.  You play one or two in the paint and three or four out.

Bess is more physical and actually is a SF.  Based on what I 've seen from Gibson, hes not one to get dirty inside. 

2 hours ago, CBFan said:

If collins doesnt start, who does? jacobs? some freshman will have to play a lot of minutes at the guard spot unless a juco or transfers comes in