Bonner89

Off topic: Screw Stan Kroenke

A refresher on just some of the things that will likely be brought up in court:

http://insidestl.com/swopes-picks-episode-13/1985238

This made me LOL:

This comment underneath it made me ROTFLMAO:

Image result for your honor i object because it's devastating to my case gif

On 9/5/2019 at 2:27 PM, Bills_06 said:

So Stan and the NFL are appealing this to the Supreme court.  Somebody who knows law more than I do, any chance the Supreme court would actually hear this case?  

Unlikely the US Supreme Court takes this case for 4 reasons:

1.  Sheer numbers.   Every case which is appealed from a decision of the 50 highest courts in our 50 states can and often are appealed to the US Supreme Court.   From the number of cases which are decided by our 50 states, the number of cases the US Supreme Court actually considers is rather small.

2.  Case not over.   Unless there is a significant legal issue in question, the case is not over, Stan the and his co-conspirator Roger Goodell/NFL can still win, so the odds of the US Supreme Court taking a case prior to resolution on the merits is also slim.   No doubt the NFL has allies and will call in its favors, but to decide a case or to decide a case before the trial even happens is also somewhat rare.  What's the irreparable harm a St. Louis jury can make which cannot be set aside later? 

3.   The US Supreme Court likes to take cases which involved a significant federal question (not seeing anything other the NFL and anti-trust laws which aren't supposed to apply - unless the NFL themselves are in violation.

4.   Unequal rulings within the circuit.   Missouri is in the 8th Circuit but the pending lawsuit is in Missouri's state court (not federal district court).   I am not aware of any lawsuit in the 9th Circuit (California) or the 8th Circuit - but if there were, and if there differing rulings, then the US Supreme Court might want to decide.

In other words, slim  chance to get a determination in exchange for a large amount of money spent in filing. I really have no objections to anything that makes them spend large amounts of money, I just want them to spend more.