Off topic: Screw Stan Kroenke

Bonner89

20 hours ago, CBFan said:

Two large TV market teams with the help of bad officiating are going to the Super Bowl at a time when the NFL is trying to recover from lower attendance, blue font, the NFL is a straight up league.

The return of the Rams to LA has been an attendance disaster and has had problems selling PSL’s for the two teams that will occupy the new StanK palace that opens in 2020.

Feels staged man, anyways hyped for those advertisements for one day in the year. Aren't we all?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/20/2019 at 6:39 PM, billiken_roy said:

I haven't watched a minute of NFL this season and won't start now.  STAND

A+, Roy.

I not only have not watched a minute of NFL this season and won't start now, I have not watched a minute since the Rams announced their departure. And I previously was a "not a game or play missed" guy -- whether on TV or at the Dome.

1 hour ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

Feels staged man, anyways hyped for those advertisements for one day in the year. Aren't we all?

Made me laugh because it is true about the commercials and the parties are great too.

On 1/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Bonner89 said:

Why can't bad things happen to bad people ?

Thank the Lord for the Billikens.

Without taking this thread in a completely different direction, I suspect there are bad things in store for Mr Kroenke, his fellow owners and the NFL. The largest of the four lawsuits filed after the Rams' departure is about to get very, very interesting. This is the one filed by the City, St. Louis County and the Dome Authority which showed potential damages north of $1Billion. I know there was a lot of snickering when originally filed a few years ago. But the defendants have lost all court decisions in the pleading phase. The most recent - and most significant - plea tried to force the suit into mandatory arbitration which was rejected by the Missouri Supreme Court. As you can imagine, after the City/County/Dome begin the discovery phase (evidence... emails, letters, and much more) which would be ultimately revealed in open court and reported all over ESPN and sports media -- something the defendants are highly desperate to avoid -- your wish may come true.

These wheels of justice are turning slowly. But keep an eye on the news over the next six months or so. Patience...

dlarry, Bonner89, Zink and 1 other like this

35 minutes ago, Adman said:

A+, Roy.

I not only have not watched a minute of NFL this season and won't start now, I have not watched a minute since the Rams announced their departure. And I previously was a "not a game or play missed" guy -- whether on TV or at the Dome.

I was the same way. I never missed a Rams game and then I watched the 3 PM game and then the Sunday Night game. 

My Sundays consisted of 10 hours of laying on the couch watching football.

Now I may turn it on for a quarter or two during regular season and you know what, I don’t miss it. 

The first year the Rams were gone I hate watched them every Sunday. I sat down and was angry and rooted against them as hard as I rooted for them when they were here. 

Now I just don’t care. 

In fact, I enjoy my Sunday’s much more now. Those early fall Sundays are gorgeous and now I can spend them outside or doing things around the house. I don’t need to schedule things around Sunday football. It’s like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. 

I was mad when they left and I’m still pissed with how it all went down but now I think it’s been for the better.

As for the super bowl, Ive watched it the last few years but I won’t turn this one on. I just can’t stomach watching those two teams. 

I told my wife tonight my goal is to never find out who wins. She says it’s impossible but I have a plan.  I’m going to listen to Pandora on my commutes to and from work for a few days and stay off the internet too. I think if I can make it until Wednesday without finding out I’ll be good to go.

F Kronke and the NFL I’ve got better things to do.

1 hour ago, dlarry said:

I was the same way. I never missed a Rams game and then I watched the 3 PM game and then the Sunday Night game. 

Now I may turn it on for a quarter or two during regular season and you know what, I don’t miss it. 

The first year the Rams were gone I hate watched them every Sunday. I sat down and was angry and rooted against them as hard as I rooted for them when they were here. 

Now I just don’t care. 

In fact, I enjoy my Sunday’s much more now. Those early fall Sundays are gorgeous and now I can spend them outside or doing things around the house. I don’t need to schedule things around Sunday football. It’s like a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. 

I was mad when they left and I’m still pissed with how it all went down but now I think it’s been for the better.

As for the super bowl, Ive watched it the last few years but I won’t turn this one on. I just can’t stomach watching those two teams. 

I told my wife tonight my goal is to never find out who wins. She says it’s impossible but I have a plan.  I’m going to listen to Pandora on my commutes to and from work for a few days and stay off the internet too. I think if I can make it until Wednesday without finding out I’ll be good to go.

dlarry, good for you. truly, i have not watched any NFL game -- nor clicked on any game story online, etc. -- since they left. actually do have to admit one small exception: i have attended a couple super bowl parties during which I "casually" looked in on the game occasionally, couldn't have cared less who won... and did so only because i didn't want to be rude to the hosts.

don't miss it either. matter of fact, i've long since even thought about the NFL on sundays. a fraud was perpetrated in too many ways to count - both to us as people, consumers and to the St. Louis market - and i was determined to not support it.

my bitterness continues, but i funnel it into following the major Rams/NFL lawsuit very closely. a bit of revenge, no doubt; but what i really like is debating the real "end game" of the lawsuit. why did we file? what do we hope to gain? why did the attorneys take the case on 100% contingency? and what does that, in and of itself, say about the suit's merits? consequently, what are the attorneys' goals vs their clients' goals? is it about vanity? getting the $16M we invested in keeping the team? revenge/embarrassing them/teaching them a lesson? getting $1+ billion? a new team? a combination of some or all? how does this play into (or not) the new XFL team and pursuit of MSL, etc?

now that the case seems to be beyond the pleading stage -- in which pleas to have the case thrown out on lack of merit, have venue changed, and require the plaintiffs to settle via arbitration -- have all been rejected, there is no doubt this is a serious and for-real case. it is not folly. so... now what are the chances of win for the City/County/Dome? will it ever see a courtroom? if so, what will the surely devastatingly sordid emails and other comms reveal about the bad actors of the nfl? there are a hundred more questions like this. it is fascinating topic. i have no inside sources on this, but decent research, i like to think logical reasoning, strong opinions on these questions, and if backed in corner to make $100 bet, a hypothesis on how it all ends. we shall see. as mentioned elsewhere in this thread, keep an eye out for next 6 months... it'll be very interesting.

dlarry likes this

12 hours ago, dlarry said:

Now I just don’t care. 

I was the same way - PSL holder, never missed a game.

I still turn the games on, although they mostly serve as background noise while I do something else.  I will say that when late November, early December rolls around, that's when I start to miss having a team.

6 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I still turn the games on, although they mostly serve as background noise while I do something else.  I will say that when late November, early December rolls around, that's when I start to miss having a team.

I agree with November and December. It’s not hard to fill up the time when it’s 50 or 60 degrees in September and October but when winter hits that’s when it gets a little harder. 

I will say my wife is much happier now that I don’t spend 10 hours every Sunday glued to the TV.

33 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

i was very content watching disney jr and puppy dog pals with my grandchildren sunday.  couldnt care less about what happened or who will play in the Super bowl   

William Kenneth likes this

13 hours ago, Adman said:

Without taking this thread in a completely different direction, I suspect there are bad things in store for Mr Kroenke, his fellow owners and the NFL. The largest of the four lawsuits filed after the Rams' departure is about to get very, very interesting. This is the one filed by the City, St. Louis County and the Dome Authority which showed potential damages north of $1Billion. I know there was a lot of snickering when originally filed a few years ago. But the defendants have lost all court decisions in the pleading phase. The most recent - and most significant - plea tried to force the suit into mandatory arbitration which was rejected by the Missouri Supreme Court. As you can imagine, after the City/County/Dome begin the discovery phase (evidence... emails, letters, and much more) which would be ultimately revealed in open court and reported all over ESPN and sports media -- something the defendants are highly desperate to avoid -- your wish may come true.

These wheels of justice are turning slowly. But keep an eye on the news over the next six months or so. Patience...

You'd think things would get worse for the NFL and Mr. Kroenke if this suit reaches discovery, however, take a look at the current political environment. People are "outraged" for a day on both sides and then the wind blows a different direction and no one cares anymore. Take a look at all of the NFL scandals the past few years. No one cares after a few weeks and the NFL moves on. What's a billion (although I doubt damages would come close to that if STL won the suit) to 32 NFL owners and the NFL? No one cares about St. Louis and in fact, it appears that people take joy in going out of their way to trash the city and people of St. Louis when it comes to the Rams leaving/Rams winning NFC championship. Sadly, nothing matters anymore. 

Good god i'm extra dark this morning.....

4 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

You'd think things would get worse for the NFL and Mr. Kroenke if this suit reaches discovery, however, take a look at the current political environment. People are "outraged" for a day on both sides and then the wind blows a different direction and no one cares anymore. Take a look at all of the NFL scandals the past few years. No one cares after a few weeks and the NFL moves on. What's a billion (although I doubt damages would come close to that if STL won the suit) to 32 NFL owners and the NFL? No one cares about St. Louis and in fact, it appears that people take joy in going out of their way to trash the city and people of St. Louis when it comes to the Rams leaving/Rams winning NFC championship. Sadly, nothing matters anymore. 

Dark, you are! But you have a point. Because of multiple other scandals at the time, I was actually surprised there an equitable solution wasn't developed when the decision to leave was made. They just added another one, controversial for a bit, then forgotten.

33 minutes ago, Adman said:

Dark, you are! But you have a point. Because of multiple other scandals at the time, I was actually surprised there an equitable solution wasn't developed when the decision to leave was made. They just added another one, controversial for a bit, then forgotten.

Don't get me wrong, I pray this reaches discovery and that Stan, Demoff, and the NFL are exposed for the frauds everyone knows they are. More importantly, it would be be great if we could pay off the Dome and then some with damages*.

Accountability no longer exists and it certainly hasn't occupied any space in the NFL for years. The NFL will never apologize nor will they admit they did anything wrong. Everyone will be shocked for a day or two and then carry on with their lives. After all, it's just little ole St. Louis located in flyover country. Then it's back to business as usual for the NFL and their fans.

*I would invest heavily in America's Dome, making it one of the top convention spaces in the region. That $175M proposal is a good start.

22 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

The league still doesn’t want their books opened to the public or more importantly, anti-trust regulators.

If the case were to end in a significant financial settlement or judgement in STL’s favor, Kroneke will be on the hook for all of it.  Before giving him permission to relocate the league made Kroenke sign an agreement to cover any expenses incurred by the league or the other 31 franchises should they lose a lawsuit to STL.

It has been suggested that if this were to happen we could see Kroenke sue the rest of the league.  Could get quite messy.

One can hope 😆

2 hours ago, ARon said:

The league still doesn’t want their books opened to the public or more importantly, anti-trust regulators.

If the case were to end in a significant financial settlement or judgement in STL’s favor, Kroneke will be on the hook for all of it.  Before giving him permission to relocate the league made Kroenke sign an agreement to cover any expenses incurred by the league or the other 31 franchises should they lose a lawsuit to STL.

It has been suggested that if this were to happen we could see Kroenke sue the rest of the league.  Could get quite messy.

One can hope 😆

Love everything you just typed.

Did not know Kroenke signed an agreement to cover any expenses, that is great.  Understandably, the NFL would not want their books open to the public. Not many companies would. I just don't see it being the beginning of the end for the NFL like some people are hoping it would be.

Updated wishlist: 1) Case goes to discovery which prompts further investigations into the NFL's shady business practices, leading to the indictments and  subsequent convictions of Demoff, Goodell, and Grubman 2) STL wins case, court orders Kroenke to pay $5B in damages 3) Kroenke defaults on his construction loans for his LA stadium and is unable to cure said defaults 4) Kroenke sues other NFL owners 5) Jerry Jones dies (not directly related to this sequence of events but still a wish nonetheless). I'd add Stan to this list as well but he's more scared of living with no money than dying with all of his money.

Bonner89 likes this

2 hours ago, ARon said:

One can hope 😆

We want chaos, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, We want chaos, Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap

TaLBErt likes this

On 1/20/2019 at 10:38 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think the Boston Celtics of the 1960s can successfully debate that.

Also the Yankees of the late 40s through early 60s.  Ten championships in 20 years.  6 championships in 7 years in the middle.

On 1/22/2019 at 3:12 PM, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Don't get me wrong, I pray this reaches discovery and that Stan, Demoff, and the NFL are exposed for the frauds everyone knows they are. More importantly, it would be be great if we could pay off the Dome and then some with damages*.

Accountability no longer exists and it certainly hasn't occupied any space in the NFL for years. The NFL will never apologize nor will they admit they did anything wrong. Everyone will be shocked for a day or two and then carry on with their lives. After all, it's just little ole St. Louis located in flyover country. Then it's back to business as usual for the NFL and their fans.

*I would invest heavily in America's Dome, making it one of the top convention spaces in the region. That $175M proposal is a good start.

Well, presuming this case makes it to trial, it’ll be tried in the city of St. Louis in front of St. Louis city residents who, beyond likely being just as angry at Kroenke and his ilk as anyone, are notorious for being highly favorable to plaintiff cases and big financial awards. It is exactly the place you’d want it tried if you were the plaintiffs. And the defendants’ plea for venue change was rejected. Likewise, the plea to force arbitration (again keeping out of St. Louis Circuit Court,) was rejected on appeal by the Missouri Supreme Court.

So while the country may have gone on with their lives and it’s business as usual for the NFL, even if they’re not afraid of bad PR, I suspect there is a payday coming. And because this isn’t a nuisance suit - the damages potentially reach $1B and a favorable decision could have effect on future franchise moves - I suspect the payday will be significant. Actually may be more expensive to settle now than other solutions when Rams left.

Either way will be fascinating to watch.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Well, presuming this case makes it to trial, it’ll be tried in the city of St. Louis in front of St. Louis city residents who, beyond likely being just as angry at Kroenke and his ilk as anyone, are notorious for being highly favorable to plaintiff cases and big financial awards. It is exactly the place you’d want it tried if you were the plaintiffs. And the defendants’ plea for venue change was rejected. Likewise, the plea to force arbitration (again keeping out of St. Louis Circuit Court,) was rejected on appeal by the Missouri Supreme Court.

So while the country may have gone on with their lives and it’s business as usual for the NFL, even if they’re not afraid of bad PR, I suspect there is a payday coming. And because this isn’t a nuisance suit - the damages potentially reach $1B and a favorable decision could have effect on future franchise moves - I suspect the payday will be significant. Actually may be more expensive to settle now than other solutions when Rams left.

Either way will be fascinating to watch.

I thought OJ killed his wife.  I wouldn't start spending that money just yet.  The NFL can hire a legal dream team like you wouldn't believe....