Off topic: Screw Stan Kroenke

Bonner89

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-I hope Kroenke and the NFL are not able to weasel out of paying really big dollars in either damages or a settlement

-another view of this situation I saw when looking for the name of the Blitz firm https://www.stlmag.com/news/sports/st-louis-files-stupidest-lawsuit-ever-against-the-nfl/

I’m genuinely curious if Ray Hartmann considers that piece to be 1 of the low points his career consider how many things he ended up being wrong about. I mean...it usually takes effort to be so wrong...like a troll on Twitter. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m genuinely curious if Ray Hartmann considers that piece to be 1 of the low points his career consider how many things he ended up being wrong about. I mean...it usually takes effort to be so wrong...like a troll on Twitter. I almost feel bad for him. Almost.

Ray was also a big booster of the loop trolley. 

3 minutes ago, willie said:

Ray was also a big booster of the loop trolley. 

Haha. That literally made me laugh out loud. Worst idea ever.

4 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Loop Trolley was a great idea - for Joe Edwards. 
And as much as I want Kroenke to sweat and to pay- I also want the same for Jerry Jones and Roger Goodell

Do you think they will start throwing big money at the city so their dirty laundry won't come out in court?

5 minutes ago, slusam said:

Do you think they will start throwing big money at the city so their dirty laundry won't come out in court?

Not sure. Believe phone records, texts, emails and calendars will confirm what we suspect - the NFL encouraged Kroenke to move to get football back in LA - and not the Jaguars, Chargers, Raiders, etc. and if so, the laundry will be out

7 minutes ago, slusam said:

I think they probably will. They’re also gonna be putting ENORMOUS pressure on Kroenke to get a settlement. But I also think the city can comfortably ask for the moon because they have all the leverage at this point. But in the end, I think the NFL, and the other owners, will do whatever it takes to keep this from going to trial. 

• 1 year later...

I think in the end St. Louis and other plaintiffs in this lawsuit will win big money or get offered a franchise plus money.

This exposure hurts the already damaged NFL reputation and I believe the NFL will eventually want a quiet settlement.

I hope there is no settlement by the plaintiffs and they win the billion dollars worth of damages the NFL owes the plaintiffs.

I loved those pictures of Dan Dierdorf and Roy jet stream Green.  I miss the old big red even though they did not win much but the NFL was really fun to watch in the 70’s and 80’s.

the nfl is gonna settle.   no way the likes of jerry jones or kroenke will let the public know their financials.   the telling factor is the judge demanded goedell give up his personal financials as well.   he's included.   i.e. the collusion must be very obvious.  

it would be nice if St Louis got enough money to pay off the dome and the soccer stadium and then was awarded an NFL franchise with no upfront fee for an owner of st louis choice.   that would do more good for the metro area than anything.   watch the st louis politicians get their fingers in it though and steal this money for "the good of the people".   

if there is a way for st louis to f something up they will do it.  let's see how fast st louis can burn through $1 billion.

CBFan, Adman and slufanskip like this

I’m not a law guy. I don’t know how this is going to end or what the city will get out of it. I just want to make sure we stick it to all those a-holes in the most significant ways possible. I just want to take them over the coals in as public a way as we possibly can. I’d love to force Kroenke to sell the Rams (I know that’s not going to happen, but still). Good for the city for doing this right, collecting the evidence, getting to this point. Now finish it.

18 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

the nfl is gonna settle.   no way the likes of jerry jones or kroenke will let the public know their financials.   the telling factor is the judge demanded goedell give up his personal financials as well.   he's included.   i.e. the collusion must be very obvious.  

it would be nice if St Louis got enough money to pay off the dome and the soccer stadium and then was awarded an NFL franchise with no upfront fee for an owner of st louis choice.   that would do more good for the metro area than anything.   watch the st louis politicians get their fingers in it though and steal this money for "the good of the people".   

if there is a way for st louis to f something up they will do it.  let's see how fast st louis can burn through $1 billion.

How any settlement proceeds will be spent will be the most interesting thing out of all of this. I thought the city of Saint Louis was already getting getting one of the largest amounts as part of the latest fiscal stimulus package? Something like $450 million? Add another half a billion+ on top of that and there could be a lot of money sloshing around the city. 

34 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Except does anyone really want an NFL franchise? If so why? I honestly can't understand why anyone in St. Louis would ever watch another NFL game. Think it was just Kroenke? Nope, it was almost the entire NFL, but yet we'll keep throwing our time and money to the organization that just robbed us. 

25 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I really don't see any scenario in which STL winds up getting an expansion team out of this.

I tend to agree with this. First of all, if the case goes to trial and STL prevails, I feel pretty confident that a judge can’t order the NFL to give STL an expansion team. Winning a lawsuit isn’t like a game show where you get to pick your prize. They are limited to specific remedies, and if applicable, punitive damages. 

The only possible way that a team comes out of this is through a settlement, and I think that’s a pretty small chance. This would involve either STL prevailing at trial for a substantial amount (with significant punitive damages) and the NFL and owners offer a team in lieu of them (probably specifically Kroenke) liquidating assets to pay a judgment, or the NFL determining that they’re going to get hit at trial, so they offer it, again to avoid the liquidation of assets. Again, I think that’s a small chance. The NFL owners aren’t just going to let someone in their group because they got sued.

40 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

Except does anyone really want an NFL franchise? If so why? I honestly can't understand why anyone in St. Louis would ever watch another NFL game. Think it was just Kroenke? Nope, it was almost the entire NFL, but yet we'll keep throwing our time and money to the organization that just robbed us. 

Agreed.  When people show you what they think of you, believe them.

48 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

My boss gave my wife and me a pair of tickets to a Cavs game a little while back, and we had a great time.  But if anyone offers me tickets to a Browns game, I'll pass.  They could be at the 50-yard line, front row, and I'd still say, "No, thank you."  I don't watch or pay attention to the NFL — not even the Super Bowl.  (I don't even know who won in February — was it the Chiefs, or was that in 2020?)

Maybe if the NFL does give St. Louis a team, without giving a current city an undeserved shafting, then I'll get back into following the NFL.

I have always felt the NFL in a settlement would try to find a home for the Chargers who are unable to sell tickets in LA and not offer a new franchise.

Today, I do not think that the NFL would want anything to do with St. Louis and the feeling is mutual with St. Louis.

Awarding a team to St. Louis would make too much news and would be a reminder to all why St. Louis got a team.  I cannot see the NFL ever saying we were wrong and screwed over St. Louis so here are the Chargers and some cash.

For it to be quiet they will have to settle big bucks in the 700 million range or risk losing 1.2 Billion in a made for TV court fight.

The thing I hope for the most, right now, is that all of the owners and Goedell start turning on each other.  If Goedell was ordered to turn over his financials and the judge is considering that of all of the other owners, it is because the judge feels that each of them could get hit individually with punitive damages.  I really want there to be a closed door meeting of Goedell and the owners soon that turns into a screaming match, most of which is directed at Kroenke.  Then I hope that the jury brings the hammer down hard.

SLU_Lax likes this

29 minutes ago, BilliesBy40 said:

Don't let time and a single vote distract from the fact the Bidwills moved the Cardinals from St. Louis to Phoenix.

His team was playing in a baseball stadium.  I would have left too.  On the other hand, the NFL is dead to me.

slufanskip likes this