Off topic: Screw Stan Kroenke

Bonner89

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

For those of you in the know on the lawsuits in the pipelines against the Rams, is there any expected timeline when we can expect to see that lying sack Kroenke getting his deposition? I would pay good money to see it. 

The only thing I’ve heard is sometime later this year. But I still think unlikely there will be a public airing in court. 

Others on the board have argued the NFL isn’t afraid of bad PR, and in some ways I guess I agree. But when the likely damages (cash, PR and more) approach $500M, my bet is they’ll nix open court and the horse trading will begin.

On 1/30/2019 at 1:46 PM, keyser soze said:

"My Settlement"

Take the value of the St. Louis Rams $1.45B vs. the value of the los angeles rams $3.20B, the difference gets you the cash settlement, $1.750B lump sum cash payment.

FYI, Kroenke is Land Rich and Cash POOR, he's super leveraged............

Sounds about right when you consider the principle their relocation guidelines are based on - and indeed one of the guidelines itself says - it cannot be done to enrich an owner.

Of course these guidelines were only internal, to guide the behavior within their cartel. And they have another lawyerly out: the guidelines only apply until they decide they don’t.

But sounds like they already have enough evidence to show what fraud the NFL perpetrated, likely from the beginning. And discovery hasn’t even begun. A heck of a fun suit to work on if you were plaintiff attorney.

• 7 months later...

People like Kroenke think of themselves as totally untouchable in any meaningful way by any group of people, or what have you. He is of the opinion that his money insulates him against all. I anticipate his next move will be to arrange an out of court settlement. Oh, he will pay but so what, he won't even feel the sting.

Let me give you an idea of what I mean. I have no idea about how much money he actually has except that it is a lot. So, let's assume his net worth is $10 B ($10,000,000,000.00). Let's say that he agrees to pay $300 M ($300,000,000) to settle out of court. This is 3% of his net. He may not feel the loss of that amount in any meaningful way. So, consider this, is the object of this exercise teaching this guy to mend his evil ways? If this is the real aim here, then you have to squeeze him like a lemon, until his eyes pop.

In order to make him feel pain, we should make him pay at least 10% of net, or $1 B ($1,000,000,000). That will get his attention and pop his eyes out. Of course he will not pay this amount to settle out of court (which by the way the City of St. Louis would be very happy to receive, I am sure they can use it), so he will have to sit through the court proceedings, instead of bailing and leaving the other 88 defendants in the lurch. But pause for a second and think of the members of the jury that will decide his fate. Jurors do not get paid to serve, not any meaningful amount of money anyways, and you can bet these jurors have no lost love for Kroenke. So, how can the jurors get their satisfaction out of this whole process? Simply by having the juror in charge ask the judge if they can go over the amount mentioned in the trial as adequate to pay for damages. The jurors would have a great jolly time by asking if they can impose punitive damages, and if they can do so, just go to town with it. I can imagine the pee flowing down the leg of his pants as he stands in front of everyone if this is the case. A truly memorable situation, although I still think it will not be enough to teach him anything.

In other words, Kroenke lives in a different world where the meaning of money is close to nil. Whatever he wants he gets, all he has to do is pay for it. That is, unless the price tag is so  exorbitant that he will feel they are taking him for an idiot (which he is, but will never realize it as long as he has the amount of money he has). So, I would consider him as a fair target to ask for a full billion to settle his wrongdoings to everyone's satisfaction. Oh, and rest assured that he does not care about what the people of St. Louis think of him. As far as he is concerned we do not deserve his attention.

Spoon-Balls likes this

Kroenke will never pay $1B because the damage to the City is not close to that - at least what you can actually show.  The purpose of a lawsuit is to make you "whole" again not better off.  Not sure what the Lawsuit is asking for but I doubt it is 1B.  I do agree that people like Kroenke feel insulated but I also know they hate to turned over a knee and spanked.  It is below them to take any punishment until they realize they are screwed.

What you say is true, however if the plaintiff lawyer asks for a suitably atrocious sum to settle (take the $1B as a bit of an exaggeration on my side), he is guaranteed not to pay this amount and choose to appear in court instead. Which is what I want him to do. No one will ask for $1B in damages during the trial either, because (as you say) it is way too much. I would like to fantasize that the jurors will award the plaintiffs something a lot higher than what is asked. I want this guy to feel that sometimes he is not in control. This may never happen, but this is what I want coming his way. This is just a wish, not reality. Like you mention, I want him to realize he is screwed. What is the word for deriving joy out of someone's pain, schnaudenfreude or something like it? Whatever it is, that word says it all. Make him squirm.

By the way, calculating a loss of 10% of net as something significant and fear inducing is corrrect. Read Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow. This level would definitely hit him, even though (be realistic about it), if he has assets of $10B invested at a fairly modest yield of 5%, he makes $500 M per year. A billion loss would not start damaging him meaningfully in any way.

14 hours ago, Old guy said:

People like Kroenke think of themselves as totally untouchable in any meaningful way by any group of people, or what have you. He is of the opinion that his money insulates him against all. I anticipate his next move will be to arrange an out of court settlement. Oh, he will pay but so what, he won't even feel the sting.

Let me give you an idea of what I mean. I have no idea about how much money he actually has except that it is a lot. So, let's assume his net worth is $10 B ($10,000,000,000.00). Let's say that he agrees to pay $300 M ($300,000,000) to settle out of court. This is 3% of his net. He may not feel the loss of that amount in any meaningful way. So, consider this, is the object of this exercise teaching this guy to mend his evil ways? If this is the real aim here, then you have to squeeze him like a lemon, until his eyes pop.

In order to make him feel pain, we should make him pay at least 10% of net, or $1 B ($1,000,000,000). That will get his attention and pop his eyes out. Of course he will not pay this amount to settle out of court (which by the way the City of St. Louis would be very happy to receive, I am sure they can use it), so he will have to sit through the court proceedings, instead of bailing and leaving the other 88 defendants in the lurch. But pause for a second and think of the members of the jury that will decide his fate. Jurors do not get paid to serve, not any meaningful amount of money anyways, and you can bet these jurors have no lost love for Kroenke. So, how can the jurors get their satisfaction out of this whole process? Simply by having the juror in charge ask the judge if they can go over the amount mentioned in the trial as adequate to pay for damages. The jurors would have a great jolly time by asking if they can impose punitive damages, and if they can do so, just go to town with it. I can imagine the pee flowing down the leg of his pants as he stands in front of everyone if this is the case. A truly memorable situation, although I still think it will not be enough to teach him anything.

In other words, Kroenke lives in a different world where the meaning of money is close to nil. Whatever he wants he gets, all he has to do is pay for it. That is, unless the price tag is so  exorbitant that he will feel they are taking him for an idiot (which he is, but will never realize it as long as he has the amount of money he has). So, I would consider him as a fair target to ask for a full billion to settle his wrongdoings to everyone's satisfaction. Oh, and rest assured that he does not care about what the people of St. Louis think of him. As far as he is concerned we do not deserve his attention.

On the contrary, money is everything to Stan. Rich people stay rich by avoiding ways to spend their own money. Having to pay any amount, even a nominal amount, to someone or something that Kroenke doesn't  perceive as justifiable or fair is like taking a piece of his soul.

That is why hitting Stan in his pocket book is the best revenge we can get. I also don't think the plaintiffs in this case will settle. They want to expose as much of the NFL's corruption as they can.

Box and Won likes this

I really hope the Blitz team doesn't settle, as I'm sure the NFL is becoming increasingly desperate to do so at this point in the process. Really want to see that human slime Kroenke and his scumbag sidekick Goodell having to testify before a court about how they intentionally defrauded the region and lied to the good citizens of St. Louis. 

A St. Louis jury will never have any sympathy for these sleezeballs. 

dlarry likes this

In 1972 Carol Rosenbloom traded his Baltimore Colts to Robert Irsay who owned the LA Rams. If that trade had not been made would the Colts have moved here?  Or would Irsay’s Rams moved here just the same?  Think of the change in history if that read hadn’t occurred. 

45 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I'm hoping the jury awards all StL metro residents spanking rights. Stan gets bent over pants dropped and tied to a chair for a week. A paddle is placed next to the chair and anyone can come pay a fee  per whack. The city gets the cash. 

I must say sulfan, this is rather medioeval but it is inventive and funny.

Maybe someone should draw a cartoon showing this scene, with the title St. Louis spanks Stan Kroenke. Then sell T shirt with this message outside the court house and in front of his hotel.

I can see that, I just hope the US supreme court rejects it. Anyway, the legal fees to take a case to the US Supreme Court must be really high. I assume he will also donate a lot of money to political campaigns to get them to press on the Supreme Court to take this case, otherwise I cannot see how this should happen.

Cheeseman, just wondering, if someone donates lots of money to political campaigns on the premise that the pols will try to influence the US Supreme Court, is this a criminal action subject to prosecution?

35 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

So Stan and the NFL are appealing this to the Supreme court.  Somebody who knows law more than I do, any chance the Supreme court would actually hear this case?  

Well that was quick. I'd imagine they knew they'd lose their appeal at the state level and had this all teed up to go. I have no legal background at all but there's no way the USSC looks at this do they?

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

I must say sulfan, this is rather medioeval but it is inventive and funny.

Maybe someone should draw a cartoon showing this scene, with the title St. Louis spanks Stan Kroenke. Then sell T shirt with this message outside the court house and in front of his hotel.

we could make stan dress up like Henry II.......

16 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I'm hoping the jury awards all StL metro residents spanking rights. Stan gets bent over pants dropped and tied to a chair for a week. A paddle is placed next to the chair and anyone can come pay a fee  per whack. The city gets the cash. 

You actually made me laugh!

18 hours ago, Old guy said:

I can see that, I just hope the US supreme court rejects it. Anyway, the legal fees to take a case to the US Supreme Court must be really high. I assume he will also donate a lot of money to political campaigns to get them to press on the Supreme Court to take this case, otherwise I cannot see how this should happen.

Cheeseman, just wondering, if someone donates lots of money to political campaigns on the premise that the pols will try to influence the US Supreme Court, is this a criminal action subject to prosecution?

According to Citizen's United no.  Now does it pass the ethics test of course not.  At this point regardless of your political view having it set up so the very wealthy and wealthy companies have undue influence over our political process is not right and should be causing marching in the streets.

rgbilliken likes this