Off topic: Screw Stan Kroenke

Bonner89

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I thought OJ killed his wife.  I wouldn't start spending that money just yet.  The NFL can hire a legal dream team like you wouldn't believe.... 

Agree with you on both counts. Wouldn’t spend it yet either. But there’s some unique parts of the case. 

Indeed they have hired a legal dream team, at the league level, some on team level, both in St Louis and elsewhere. They have been throwing a ton at it — which everyone knew they’d do from the start.

This is actually one of the reasons I’m fascinated by the case. When plaintiff Bob Blitz filed the suit (yes, the same Bob Blitz who was key guy on committee to save the Rams with Dave Peacock,) he knew perhaps more than anyone the depth of the NFL’s pockets and the legal dream team they’d buy. Formidable, no doubt. Yet when he filed it, he agreed to work 100% on contingency. No cost to taxpayers.

He knows to successfully prosecute the suit - over the likely 3-5 years it’ll be in the courts - and keep up with legal monkey business the NFL will throw at him just to mess with him and ring up his costs - he’ll be investing many millions of his own (or his firm’s) money. I’ll let the attys on this board speculate on what that number likely is. Safe to say, a lot of money. 

But it is a huge financial risk and certainly not one would take on just for purely vanity, revenge, or standing up for yourself reasons. Frankly, I don’t believe it is primarily just recovering the $16M his City/County/Dome clients spent saving the Rams. Contingent fees probably wouldn’t cover the legal costs he’ll ring up prosecuting the case.

So why then would Blitz take on all this risk? What does he know that makes him very optimistic about chances of winning?

And what are his objectives and those of the City/CountyDome? Some dough to fix up the Dome? A new team? More dough to add to gvmt budgets? Make the NFL build ‘em a new stadium? Or a big payday they all split? Some of all?

And are Blitz’ objectives at all different in taking on the risk? Does he want to own a team? Is this included in his contingency deal?

What’s the end game?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Agree with you on both counts. Wouldn’t spend it yet either. But there’s some unique parts of the case. 

Indeed they have hired a legal dream team, at the league level, some on team level, both in St Louis and elsewhere. They have been throwing a ton at it — which everyone knew they’d do from the start.

This is actually one of the reasons I’m fascinated by the case. When plaintiff Bob Blitz filed the suit (yes, the same Bob Blitz who was key guy on committee to save the Rams with Dave Peacock,) he knew perhaps more than anyone the depth of the NFL’s pockets and the legal dream team they’d buy. Formidable, no doubt. Yet when he filed it, he agreed to work 100% on contingency. No cost to taxpayers.

He knows to successfully prosecute the suit - over the likely 3-5 years it’ll be in the courts - and keep up with legal monkey business the NFL will throw at him just to mess with him and ring up his costs - he’ll be investing many millions of his own (or his firm’s) money. I’ll let the attys on this board speculate on what that number likely is. Safe to say, a lot of money. 

But it is a huge financial risk and certainly not one would take on just for purely vanity, revenge, or standing up for yourself reasons. Frankly, I don’t believe it is primarily just recovering the $16M his City/County/Dome clients spent saving the Rams. Contingent fees probably wouldn’t cover the legal costs he’ll ring up prosecuting the case.

So why then would Blitz take on all this risk? What does he know that makes him very optimistic about chances of winning?

And what are his objectives and those of the City/CountyDome? Some dough to fix up the Dome? A new team? More dough to add to gvmt budgets? Make the NFL build ‘em a new stadium? Or a big payday they all split? Some of all?

And are Blitz’ objectives at all different in taking on the risk? Does he want to own a team? Is this included in his contingency deal?

What’s the end game?

-thanks for the updates on this and please keep 'em coming as this is an OT thread I think is very interesting and would like to continue to follow -- especially if the owner of the Rams has to publicly pay a huge price at the conclusion

2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-thanks for the updates on this and please keep 'em coming as this is an OT thread I think is very interesting and would like to continue to follow -- especially if the owner of the Rams has to publicly pay a huge price at the conclusion

Agreed.

Excuse my laziness but do we have an idea of timing for the next step in this legal process?

Saw an article on Stltoday that the process for reimbursing PSL holders may start soon.

1 hour ago, Bonner89 said:

I like to think that STL wouldn't accept a new NFL team if it was handed to them. It was an abusive relationship and thankfully it's over.

Troll or not he's right. Being from or living in St. Louis and still watching/supporting the NFL is akin to a spouse staying with someone who abuses them because "I love him/her"

Honestly winning the lawsuit would just be a bonus. More important to me than the outcome is that Kronke, Jerry Jones, Goodel, and the NFL are publicly exposed and embarrassed. 

I everyone to know how big of a scam the process was and how terrible the people involved are.

15 hours ago, Adman said:

What’s the end game?

Thank you for getting me interested in this topic.  Until your first post I had not paid attention after that post I googled and found many recent articles on the suits and will gleefully follow the suits as slowly piece by piece the world is shown how corrupt the NFL is.  

The NFL is the 70’s and 80’s was much better when it was ran by millionaires instead of Billionaires.

There were still BS moves from teams such as the Cardinals, Colts, Raiders, and Browns but other than St. Louis and Oakland those cities were rewarded with a new team.

31 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for getting me interested in this topic.  Until your first post I had not paid attention after that post I googled and found many recent articles on the suits and will gleefully follow the suits as slowly piece by piece the world is shown how corrupt the NFL is.  

The NFL is the 70’s and 80’s was much better when it was ran by millionaires instead of Billionaires.

There were still BS moves from teams such as the Cardinals, Colts, Raiders, and Browns but other than St. Louis and Oakland those cities were rewarded with a new team.

I feel the NFL went down the tubes when Pete Rozelle died. 

1 hour ago, Bonner89 said:

I feel the NFL went down the tubes when Pete Rozelle died. 

Something you and I can agree with 100 percent.

I thought you were a younger person based on some of your posts but if you were a fan when Pet Rozelle was commissioner of the NFL then you are not in your teens or 20's.

When decline of the NFL definitely began when Tagliabue took over for Rozelle in 1989 and got worse when yes man to billionaires Goodell seceded Tags.

24 minutes ago, Bonner89 said:

lol. I wish I was in my twenties. But, yes, I grew up following the NFL under his leadership.

Should have known better with the Bonner89.

It’s my understanding that St. Louis has the NFL and the rams bent so far over the barrel.... it’s bad..

number 1, the emails that St. Louis is in possession of are extremely damning.  Nobody cared, didn’t think they’d get caught.

Second, St. Louis is in possession of the escape plans that date back to 2010.. Demoff left them behind at Rams park.. 

there’s other stuff, but that will filter out in time..