Off topic: Screw Stan Kroenke

Bonner89

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched a game since Super Bowl 48.  Won a lot of money on it.  

The NFL is run more like the WWE.  I lost interest in football because of the Rams, but there are no shortage of reasons not to watch NFL.  I used to be a football junkie.  I did the same thing with Hockey.  Was a Blues season ticket holder up until the lockout.  Laurie dismantled the team and I never went back.  Now it is just Billikens and the NBA that I follow.

slufanskip likes this

Haaaatttteee both teams but as a fan hard to argue against this being another very entertaining day for the NFL 4 best teams of the season each good enough to win it all and have both games go to O T amazing. Plus we are witnessing the most dominant pro team in history of American team sports. Same coach and QB getting to their 9th SB in 18 years. Unreal

Two large TV market teams with the help of bad officiating are going to the Super Bowl at a time when the NFL is trying to recover from lower attendance, blue font, the NFL is a straight up league.

The return of the Rams to LA has been an attendance disaster and has had problems selling PSL’s for the two teams that will occupy the new StanK palace that opens in 2020.

31 minutes ago, almaman said:

Haaaatttteee both teams but as a fan hard to argue against this being another very entertaining day for the NFL 4 best teams of the season each good enough to win it all and have both games go to O T amazing. Plus we are witnessing the most dominant pro team in history of American team sports. Same coach and QB getting to their 9th SB in 18 years. Unreal

I think the Boston Celtics of the 1960s can successfully debate that.

The refs in the New Orleans game need to be fired.  Plain and simple.  There also needs to be a new penalty ---- illegal use of the hands offense.  Kelce pushed off on his touchdown pass.  If the offense can do that, then the defense can mug 5, ten, fifteen yards off the line of scrimmage.  Which they do anyway.

9 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I think the Boston Celtics of the 1960s can successfully debate that.

I am as big a fan of those great Celtic teams as anyone. Growing up in NE I went to a lot of games and watched every Sunday. They were great. 

I never bought into the Pats and to this day have stuck w/ the Giants. That said, what the Pats have accomplished under Belichek in these days of Free agency and high roster turnover is nothing short of amazing. Back in the 60s the Yankees (who I hate) and the Celts had the luxury of roster stability. Not so today. And because football teams, with their many moving parts, roster turnover is a big problem. Then add in the fact NE always has the last or next to last pick in the draft, it makes Belichek's achievements even more incredible. No idea how he does it, and while you may detest the guy and the organization you have to admire, and envy,  their record. 

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

The refs in the New Orleans game need to be fired.  Plain and simple.  There also needs to be a new penalty ---- illegal use of the hands offense.  Kelce pushed off on his touchdown pass.  If the offense can do that, then the defense can mug 5, ten, fifteen yards off the line of scrimmage.  Which they do anyway.

Kelce's push off is Offensive Pass Interference, but it wasn't called.