Ford appreciation thread

There have been definite ups and downs with Ford and a lot of critism with players leaving a lot, but he has improved this team every single year. We are currently 5-0 in conference!! Leading the A-10!! I don’t think we really appreciate this since there is skeptism for how long this will last but Joe L (bracket guy) said yesterday at the game that SLU is very very likely to be in the tournament. He did exactly what he said he would with a packed Chaifetz and turned a team from the bottom to the top of the conference. 

In Ford I trust, even when I see questionable decisions 

A lot of players who have left had nothing to do w/Ford. Sit 2 wiped out 3. Crews recruits could see the writing on the wall, recruited over,  and left. Santos shot himself in the foot it appears. Gordon? We still don't know the real reason. Ingvi got sick and maybe was never good enough in the first place. Johnson seemed to think his role would be reduced with the addition of Wiley and Isabell. I think Johnson's departure hurt Ford in that he wanted him to stay. Pearson, see Gordon. You can't fault him for trying to load up on as much talent as he can. He strikes me as a players coach. He just may not be the best guy at assessing what a player's really looking for when he signs. But seriously what coach is? Hence you get a ton of transfers. 

When Coach Ford was hired I did not appreciate him until I saw his teams play hard, recruiting, and enthusiasm.

Looking forward to see how well he coaches with a team that has depth.

Before the season stated when we were making predictions of the record what would we have predicted knowing Santos and Welmer would not play, and Gordon and Thor would transfer.

If coach Ford gets us to the big dance by winning the A10 he should be coach of the year.

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

When Coach Ford was hired I did not appreciate him until I saw his teams play hard, recruiting, and enthusiasm.

Looking forward to see how well he coaches with a team that has depth.

Before the season stated when we were making predictions of the record what would we have predicted knowing Santos and Welmer would not play, and Gordon and Thor would transfer.

If coach Ford gets us to the big dance by winning the A10 he should be coach of the year.

I’m really impressed we are playing better whenever we lose key players for some reason 

• 1 year later...

I wanted to bring this thread back to life. 

Great job by Ford and staff adding the NC State game.

Ford's in game coaching and adjustments at half and throughout the game last night against NC State shows that he can be a good in game coach with the right personnel. 

Coach Ford gets an A+ for his time at SLU. Not many coaches could have turned SLU around as Ford has done.

image.png

image.png

BuiltFordBills and wgstl like this

27 minutes ago, SLUMedBilliken15 said:

I wanted to bring this thread back to life. 

Great job by Ford and staff adding the NC State game.

Ford's in game coaching and adjustments at half and throughout the game last night against NC State shows that he can be a good in game coach with the right personnel. 

Coach Ford gets an A+ for his time at SLU. Not many coaches could have turned SLU around as Ford has done.

image.png

image.png

And year 2 and 3 would have looked a lot better if S2 hadn't happened.

dennis_w and CBFan like this