Ingvi leaving the team

gobillsgo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone considered that Thor may  have withdrawn from the program rather than ask Ford for a release to  transfer. If someone (like Gordon) wants to transfer, they have to ask the coach for a release and when given the coach makes a statement that the student has been released. I believe that a withdrawal is a one sided issue, a player wants to withdraw from the University he just goes ahead and does so. Mind you I have not seen any announcements from Thor or from Ford regarding a transfer.

6 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Has anyone considered that Thor may  have withdrawn from the program rather than ask Ford for a release to  transfer. If someone (like Gordon) wants to transfer, they have to ask the coach for a release and when given the coach makes a statement that the student has been released. I believe that a withdrawal is a one sided issue, a player wants to withdraw from the University he just goes ahead and does so. Mind you I have not seen any announcements from Thor or from Ford regarding a transfer.

I am not really sure what the difference is in the end.

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Not surprised. This title is false though. He went to Iceland. We have yet to hear anything about wanting to transfer. Missing summer definitely hurt bonding with the team. 

If gordons best shot was DePaul, Thor isn’t going anywhere 

I heard he is looking to transfer so that is what I titled the thread, moron.  I still believe that to be the case. On the other hand, 100% of the things you have claimed on this board over the last two years have been false, so it’s fairly hilarious to see you call out other people. 

I heard he absconded with a bag of provel and is planning on opening Iceland's first super thin crust pizza and slinger joint.  He was known to DVR Diners Drive-ins and Dives.  He's just going home to live his dream.

Look for Thor's Hammer Slingers and Slices in Iceland's Zaggat Ratings next year. Because ya can't eat 3 year old fermented shark all the time. 

3 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I heard he is looking to transfer so that is what I titled the thread, moron.  I still believe that to be the case. On the other hand, 100% of the things you have claimed on this board over the last two years have been false, so it’s fairly hilarious to see you call out other people. 

Fact check: no official sources have said Thor is transferring at this moment. Doesn’t mean he might not in the future but the young man wants to be home now. 

2 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

I heard he absconded with a bag of provel and is planning on opening Iceland's first super thin crust pizza and slinger joint.  He was known to DVR Diners Drive-ins and Dives.  He's just going home to live his dream.

Look for Thor's Hammer Slingers and Slices in Iceland's Zaggat Ratings next year. Because ya can't eat 3 year old fermented shark all the time. 

Reading book as I type Cooked and just read section about fermented Shark! by Michael Pollan.

His withdrawal from SLU, coupled with his miniscule playing time only makes his missed shot only that more memorable.......no legendary.

I didnt see this posted before, but I stumbled across this last night and thought it was interesting. Ignvi wasnt only behind due to arriving at SLU late, but was really set back by illness and surgery.  Losing all that weight surely took a toll on his conditioning.  I just think it points to a lot more going on than the kid wanting to leave because he wasnt getting any playing time.  The time difference between this article and when he announced he was returning to Iceland was only 3 weeks. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.stltoday.com/sports/college/slu/slu-freshman-from-iceland-is-forced-to-chill/article_a5022e29-ef94-5290-a12b-15ae10c3821b.amp.html

44 minutes ago, slu72 said:

U think he cheered for us or his big bro yesterday? 

I heard or read TI basically owned Thor in practice sessions.  As I watched his big brother take TI apart yesterday, I wondered how much this played into it.  Big bro was playing with a vengeance.  I only wish we had put Goodwin on Loki about 10 minutes earlier.....

On 1/27/2019 at 1:28 PM, slu72 said:

U think he cheered for us or his big bro yesterday? 

He posted on his insta story during the game tagging his bro and some of #TeamBlue members including Fred Thatch, Demarius Jacobs, Javon and one or two others. Don't know if that answers who he was rooting for but I think it shows that he probably didn't leave on bad terms.