GDT Thread - SLU vs St Joe' - The Flappening

philliken

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, slufan13 said:

I love how literally people on here take Ford. What's he supposed to say? "Yeah I told him to run it up?"

I'm sure Isabell will get a talking to. But he did the smart thing for the long term outlook of the season

Wow you are so much smarter than anyone I’m impressed nothing gets past you.

Look Martelli could have called off the dogs 2 minutes before that. He needlessly drew the game out and closed the score because the bills took their foot off the gas as the game was out of reach. Martelli doesn’t get to have it both ways when Isabell gets a lane to drive with 7 seconds left after being molested for the last 2 minutes 

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Wow you are so much smarter than anyone I’m impressed nothing gets past you.

I mean its honestly simple math. More points per possession helps your NET which helps your tournament chances. 

If anyone takes every word a coach says seriously, I have a Nigerian prince that I know that needs $10,000. PM me for details 

Just now, billikenfan05 said:

Look Martelli could have called off the dogs 2 minutes before that. He needlessly drew the game out and closed the score because the bills took their foot off the gas as the game was out of reach. Martelli doesn’t get to have it both ways when Isabell gets a lane to drive with 7 seconds left after being molested for the last 2 minutes 

He called a timeout down like 16 with under 2 minutes if I recall correctly? Don't be mad you got beat. Play better or shut up.

jbizzle09 and Littlebill like this

Ford is wrong. I went to a site yesterday that estimated what our net would be if we win out. Winning out with our efficiacy numbers going into yesterday and using our average margin of victory would only get our Net up to 43.  That is bubble territory even if we win out. Every point and poccesion matters.

Just now, slufan13 said:

I mean its honestly simple math. More points per possession helps your NET which helps your tournament chances. 

If anyone takes every word a coach takes seriously, I have a Nigerian prince that I know that needs $10,000. PM me for details 

Says Wiley Coyote super geniuses 

Hoosier is getting insufferable not quite BillikenLaw territory but annoying.   Remember that guy he was really a Marquette fan?  I hated that guy. 

Anyway good win vs a bad St. Joe's team.  Duq on the road could be tough.  Worried about foul trouble is Jacob's isn't back

42 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Not really.

i don’t care that he did it but we were up 11 when he took it to the bucket. The and 1 made it 14. He could have just dribbled it out for the 11 point win.

Except there was a time difference between game click and shot clock.  St Joe’s could’ve hel the ball after his FT but ran down and shot, and made, a 3.

Bynum and Isabell went at each other all night.  Flagrant 1 on Bynum with Isabell.  Flagrant 1 on Isabell with Bynum.  Young punk versus grizzled vet.  We b*tch-slapped Phil and company.  The rematch will be interesting.  

Littlebill likes this

7 minutes ago, TRN said:

Except there was a time difference between game click and shot clock.  St Joe’s could’ve hel the ball after his FT but ran down and shot, and made, a 3.

Yeah you’re right.

Like I said I don’t see the big deal. I can’t believe anyone is getting bent out of shape about this.

Just win baby is what a lot of us said and hoped for before the game, and that is exactly what they did. 5-0, NICE. Just got back from the game. Very nice game, lots of people, do not know how many but it was pretty full. The student section was packed and Andre + whoever is dressed like the Billiken were doing a wonderful job of getting the students to participate. We (the whole arena) did waves for a while which I had not seem at the Chaifetz before. Kudos to Andre and to the Billiken character, they are great to have.

The game was nice, for a while in the second half it was superb with a lot of offensive power in it. Great stuff! Wiley popped a lot of threes, Bess and French were wonderful, Goodwin worked the PG well. Hankton played for a while but his foot is not well yet. Jacobs played for a while and managed not to make dumb passes, he was looking a lot more confident. Then he got tangled with one of them and injured a foot/ankle, was taken back and came back up (after a fair amount of time with some ankle support). I really believe they must have done and X Ray and found no fracture (thank God) for the support he had on was not adequate for a fracture. So let's count it as a bad sprain, he will probably be back playing this season.

Heard the interview with Ford after the game while getting out of the parking. Ford was pretty happy.

Great game, go Bills, 5-0 Wow!

6 minutes ago, dlarry said:

Yeah you’re right.

Like I said I don’t see the big deal. I can’t believe anyone is getting bent out of shape about this.

It’s a big deal because...’sportsmanship’.

I’m as big a SLU homer as you’ll find; and I think it was the wrong move. Should it be a BIG deal? Well, no. But trust me, Travis was not ‘Coach Speaking’.

thats added fuel for St Joes when we play there this year. 

I actually do believe in the unwritten rules. I would never have written them myself; but since they are what they are-you play by those rules. I don’t want a reason to take a negative from this game, or against Isabel, but it was wrong.

59 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

What planet are you from?  He didn't have to say a word.

Sure he did - Rammer asked him about it.  He said what he had to say to put it to rest.  I am sure TI will be talked to in regards to sportsmanship but nobody is going to be punished about this unless it happened before or again.  Those two were going at it all game and TI just decided he had enough after the Flagrant foul on him was called and he let his emotions get the best of him - it happens.  After he scored, he immediately walked away and tried to not be around any of the Hawks.  

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

Ford is wrong. I went to a site yesterday that estimated what our net would be if we win out. Winning out with our efficiacy numbers going into yesterday and using our average margin of victory would only get our Net up to 43.  That is bubble territory even if we win out. Every point and poccesion matters.

I forget where I saw this but some coach was complaining that the NET was causing teams to run up scores and he did not like the way things were going.  So your right - if every point counts there is no reason for a team to take it easy period.  This will eventually cause a problem that the NCAA will not be happy with.