GDT Thread - SLU vs St Joe' - The Flappening

philliken

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, philliken said:

No he drove the lane when Joeys called off the dogs. Got fouled for an and-1.

certainly an ill-advised decision.

wrong, but I forgive him.

1 minute ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Had the ball with 7 sec left SJ gave up stopped guarding he took it to the hole

Ah, got it. They showed the replay of the foul, which was a pretty hard one. But I guess he deserved it.

I missed the play leading up to it. We had two screens going (Xavier-Villanova) so I was distracted.

2 minutes ago, Compton said:

From the NCCA's explanation of NET Rankings: In addition, a cap of 10 points was applied to the winning margin to prevent rankings from encouraging unsportsmanlike play, such as needlessly running up the score in a game where the outcome was certain.

If Isabelle doesn't get that bucket we'd be under the 10 point mark and get less credit for the margin. 

Not really.

i don’t care that he did it but we were up 11 when he took it to the bucket. The and 1 made it 14. He could have just dribbled it out for the 11 point win.

14-4 5-0 in the A10 how sweet it is.

FG 22-59 39%, 3pt 11-29 38%, FT 13-23 56%, Assists 16 Turnovers 8 rebounds 44-39 Bills

scoring Bess 20, Wiley 20, French 10, Izzy 8, Goodwin 7, DJ 2, Thatch 1

9 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

That’s such a dick move by Isabell....lol.  But he’s my guy so st joes can eat it.

Could not disagree more. I’ll always maintain that if the losing team is gonna play aggressive defense, you should try to score.  They could’ve backed off a long time before that, and the last 3 minutes of the game wouldn’t have taken 20 minutes. 

Billiken Rich likes this

Exactly I'm all for sportsmanship but you compete.  Sometimes teams need a bit of an edge, to be mean to have some swagger.  We need to get it going and get into the tourney.  Damnnit I've suffered too long

2 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

If we want to make the tournament every bucket matters.  I'm sure bynum was in his ear all game. Don't stop playing if you don't want to be scored on 

But then he gives up a Bynum 3. So net is zero. Bad move by Termaine. 

I'm not an unwritten rules kind of guy as long as the player doesn't do something outside the boundaries of the game. Taking a layup isn't one of those kinds of things. I wouldn't care if someone else did it against us.

Coach Ford mad at Isabell apologized to coach Phil and said he will take care of that bad sportsmanship we don’t do that.

5 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'm not an unwritten rules kind of guy as long as the player doesn't do something outside the boundaries of the game. Taking a layup isn't one of those kinds of things. I wouldn't care if someone else did it against us.

I recall Duquesne did it to us. It was way back when Ron Everhart coached them. Almost resulted in a rumble.

Just checked the box score, Wiley had 20. Watched the game and knew he was hot but not that hot.