Unreal at VCU

slu72

And then there was SLU the lone undefeated team in the A10. VCU takes down the Flyers. But DU puts up a layup w/about 30 seconds left and the ball stays on the hinge. Not stuck. Just sits there. Never ever seen that. Didn't drop, just settled there. It jiggled a bit but didn't drop or fall off. I hope someone get a picture of it. 

Last undefeated team! great news for sure but we haven't played the decent teams yet... Im happy that we are undefeated and hope that it continues but I'm not sold until we get through the meat of the conference. I started a thread regarding our future and it seems to have been taken down... not sure why??? I do think that if we find a way to stay undefeated and eak out victories against VCU and Davidson that we deserve to dance but i really think we trend more towards an NIT bid and that really is fine by me. Im not sure why that is such a despised opinion.

46 minutes ago, BJK said:

Last undefeated team! great news for sure but we haven't played the decent teams yet... Im happy that we are undefeated and hope that it continues but I'm not sold until we get through the meat of the conference. I started a thread regarding our future and it seems to have been taken down... not sure why??? I do think that if we find a way to stay undefeated and eak out victories against VCU and Davidson that we deserve to dance but i really think we trend more towards an NIT bid and that really is fine by me. Im not sure why that is such a despised opinion.

Rhode Island is a "decent team."

21 hours ago, slu72 said:

And then there was SLU the lone undefeated team in the A10. VCU takes down the Flyers. But DU puts up a layup w/about 30 seconds left and the ball stays on the hinge. Not stuck. Just sits there. Never ever seen that. Didn't drop, just settled there. It jiggled a bit but didn't drop or fall off. I hope someone get a picture of it. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Dayton-VCU-spread-betting-bad-beat-layup-stuck-rim-127944100/

slu72 likes this

12 hours ago, slu72 said:

Thanks, Compton. How strange was that. I been playing and watching hoops for over 60 years never ever seen a ball do that. Never. I don't think anyone has. The Analysts were shocked. Got to be a first. 

Really?? I have seen this happen several times just watching Sports Center over the years. It's obviously rare, but far from a first.

This video shows it happening three times in NBA games (plus a few times getting wedged in the corner). Looks like each example is in the last 8 years or so:

2 minutes ago, QUAILMAN said:

Really?? I have seen this happen several times just watching Sports Center over the years. It's obviously rare, but far from a first.

This video shows it happening three times in NBA games (plus a few times getting wedged in the corner). Looks like each example is in the last 8 years or so:

I stand corrected. Still, I've never seen it.