GDT Patriot League Rams

Littlebill

30 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

FIBA experience is better than any A10 experience in my opinion. If it wasn't for his apendix surgery I think we would see the floor

I would agree with the bit about FIBA experience actually, provided the player is a starter.  However, the Iceland team that Ingvi started for was a very poor defensive team.  They were routinely blown out by 20-25 points at the U20 European championship a few months ago.  Obviously, that was a collective failure but anybody who saw that tournament could see that Thor needs to do a better job of staying in front of his man.  He does have quick hands, though.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I would agree with the bit about FIBA experience actually, provided the player is a starter.  However, the Iceland team that Ingvi started for was a very poor defensive team.  They were routinely blown out by 20-25 points at the U20 European championship a few months ago.  Obviously, that was a collective failure but anybody who saw that tournament could see that Thor needs to do a better job of staying in front of his man.  He does have quick hands, though.

Little known facts about Icelandic people, they’re known for their quick hands and hot women.  I suspect the two are related.

2 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Goodwin = announcers said he landed flush on tailbone.  If he's fighting a bad back, the impact is more serious, right Old Guy?

I was at the game. During the defensive possession after Goodwin was hurt, he was clearly in pain. But he stayed in the game and wound up making big plays to win. Then after the game he went out of his way to lead the other players to greet the Billikens fans. He refused to lose.

SLU_Lax likes this

After Billikens let Fordham back into the game (starting with Isabell missed layup), Fordham played their best game of the season other than their Rutgers win. We defended their best player - Honor - well, but their other players got inspired and almost got the upset. After the great early stretch with Goodwin and Bess, it seemed like the game plan was to establish Wiley and he just could not make a shot. After his last miss (air ball) he returned to the bench shaking his head. The refs were sometimes OK, but ridiculously bad at times. It was mentioned earlier in the thread the offensive foul call on Goodwin. His arms were shaking from getting pounded by the Fordham players - and then they called foul on him. French was also getting continually pushed and hacked at.

3 hours ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

After awakening from a nap, I realize tonight’s win at Fordham is a heckuva lot better than the alternative.

Then our Jesuit brethren at St. Joe’s beat Davidson, and voila, ...

First Place Billikens!

It's a crazy league this year.