GDT Patriot League Rams

Littlebill

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Zink said:

Nothing happened. I’m guessing Rammer saw him go down and then when he seemed to be in pain, said something about maybe his shoulder being hurt and now everyone is freaking out. He landed on his tailbone and stayed in the game. Everyone needs to chill on this until we hear something real. 

I never saw anything with his shoulder, sure it was his back. After he got up he jogged to half court in an attempt to loosen his back up.

Just now, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Thor is sitting on the bench and looking at our season 3point percentage and shaking his head. What can Wiley do that Thor can't?

You act like Ford doesn’t see these guys in practice everyday.  There’s a reason Thor is basically relegated to walk on status this year.  I’m guessing Thor doesn’t understand the offense and defensive assignments, can’t defend, has no strength and would likely struggle to hit a shot in live action. 

SLU_Nick likes this

19 minutes ago, Adman said:

Travis post-game: we won because of toughness, grit, refusing to lose. very physical game, was somewhat unhappy with officiating. free throws and rebounding won the game for us. had a few guys that didn't play well, some who did. glad to be 2-0 on road trip. still encouraging the shooters to shoot... wiley, isabell, etc.  the guys are tired... 4 games in 9 days. guys banged up. probably will give the guys a day off tomorrow. no discussion of goodwin's shoulder.

As much as I hate how they are shooting. You have to do this.

1 minute ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Thor is sitting on the bench and looking at our season 3point percentage and shaking his head. What can Wiley do that Thor can't?

Wiley has only played in 10 games.  Coach isn't going to give up on him this early.  But you're right, if Thor sees the floor this season, it's going to be at Wiley's expense.

Did not see any of the game but from reading the thread it seems to me that while we did not play that well  our defense was there since we only gave up 60 points.  How many times have you heard that defense wins games and apparently that was true again tonight.  Interesting that we got 14 pts on FTs.

As always, it is hard work being a Billiken fan.

SLU had Fordham so outmanned, there's no way that game should have been anywhere near as close as it was.

But the opposition zone defense is the great equalizer.  Fordham's zone was not exactly the Syracuse East Coast or the Temple amoeba zone, more like a CYO pack it in zone, with as many holes as Swiss cheese.  But if you can't shoot, and compound it by not moving the ball quick enough ...

Correct, Ford sees them in practice and knows more than we do. I just have a hard time seeing how the potential A 10 player of the year's younger brother by 2 years who was good enough to play at the national level for his own country, can't even see the floor against a down A10. 

Yes I know Iceland isn't a powerhouse but I think any player on any FIBA team can play in the A10

53 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Goodwin = announcers said he landed flush on tailbone.  If he's fighting a bad back, the impact is more serious, right Old Guy?

Yes and no. It all depends on location and severity. Let's say you have some back trauma capable of giving you a strain (there is a lot of muscle in the back protecting the spine and the cord + nerves). This is not terrible and can be handled with some rest, meds and exercise (cold helps too). If it is worse you may get ligaments injured, worse still you can get a disc getting out of place, worse you can get a fracture (even small fractures can be bad as they will press upon nerves). Now, the tail bone coccyx is not well protected at all, it will not be a muscle injury, it will be a bone contusion or ligament issue. A serious coccyx injury may be harder to treat than a back injury. The pain can be severe and may be longer lasting than a minor back strain. So, there is a whole spectrum of injuries and symptoms plus a whole spectrum of limitations that can come out of any such injuries. We know nothing in terms of the details of what happened. We will have to see how he plays going forward. If you want an indicator of severity consider this: If you did not see him walking funny out of the court at the end of play it probably will not be much of anything. Hope this is enough detail for you Taj.

16 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Correct, Ford sees them in practice and knows more than we do. I just have a hard time seeing how the potential A 10 player of the year's younger brother by 2 years who was good enough to play at the national level for his own country, can't even see the floor against a down A10. 

Yes I know Iceland isn't a powerhouse but I think any player on any FIBA team can play in the A10

Think I will trust Ford and Staff on this one.  His few appearances have hardly been noteworthy ...... and, can he defend?

12 minutes ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

FIBA experience is better than any A10 experience in my opinion. If it wasn't for his apendix surgery I think we would see the floor

I watched all of his FIBA games on the internet and he had one fairly decent shooting game and many others where he did not shoot well. He was overwhelmed in any man to man defense situation and not strong enough to play with guys like Thatch, Goodwin, Bess, etc. He is not yet anywhere near as good as his brother. But he has potential and maybe he can play in the future. Add to that the medical issues and lack of practice and he will not likely to play any key minutes this year. We have seen players get stronger and develop and he may do that.

29 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Yes and no. It all depends on location and severity. Let's say you have some back trauma capable of giving you a strain (there is a lot of muscle in the back protecting the spine and the cord + nerves). This is not terrible and can be handled with some rest, meds and exercise (cold helps too). If it is worse you may get ligaments injured, worse still you can get a disc getting out of place, worse you can get a fracture (even small fractures can be bad as they will press upon nerves). Now, the tail bone coccyx is not well protected at all, it will not be a muscle injury, it will be a bone contusion or ligament issue. A serious coccyx injury may be harder to treat than a back injury. The pain can be severe and may be longer lasting than a minor back strain. So, there is a whole spectrum of injuries and symptoms plus a whole spectrum of limitations that can come out of any such injuries. We know nothing in terms of the details of what happened. We will have to see how he plays going forward. If you want an indicator of severity consider this: If you did not see him walking funny out of the court at the end of play it probably will not be much of anything. Hope this is enough detail for you Taj.

Let's root for the one that allows him to get a bunch of double doubles.