GDT Patriot League Rams

Littlebill

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Travis post-game: we won because of toughness, grit, refusing to lose. very physical game, was somewhat unhappy with officiating. free throws and rebounding won the game for us. had a few guys that didn't play well, some who did. glad to be 2-0 on road trip. still encouraging the shooters to shoot... wiley, isabell, etc.  the guys are tired... 4 games in 9 days. guys banged up. probably will give the guys a day off tomorrow. no discussion of goodwin's shoulder.

Coach Ford: "It's hard winning here.

Played hard, fought for everything.  Didn't play well, but had refuse to lose mentality.  Shouldn't have shot so many 3s, but that was what Fordham was giving up.

Free throws down the stretch and rebounding won the game.

Showed toughness on the road.  A couple of guys didn't show up.  Just a lot of grit, hanging in there and finding a way to win.  Dominated the glass.

Keep shooting.  If you're a shooter, keep shooting.

Hankton's being out really messed with them."

No question about JGood's shoulder.

2 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Coach Ford: "It's hard winning here.

Played hard, fought for everything.  Didn't play well, but had refuse to lose mentality.  Shouldn't have shot so many 3s, but that was what Fordham was giving up.

Free throws down the stretch and rebounding won the game.

Showed toughness on the road.  A couple of guys didn't show up.  Just a lot of grit, hanging in there and finding a way to win.  Dominated the glass.

Keep shooting.  If you're a shooter, keep shooting.

Hankton's being out really messed with them."

No question about JGood's shoulder.

I guess Wiley is a "shooter" but woof - his season is forgettable so far. 

SLU blows 11 point first half lead, falls behind 57-52, but rallies to win 63-60.   Bess and Isabell hit big 3's when they really counted.

Opposition Zone defenses, even a soft zone played by a lousy Fordham team, and the '18-'19 St. Louis U Billikens are SLU's Kryptonite.

Winning ugly is far better than the alternative of losing.  

SLU is 13-4, 4-0 A10.

2 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach said he played Wiley and Thatch at the 4 tonight for short stretches.  Doesn't like having Bess out of his normal slot for too long.

KC's ankle flared up after practice yesterday.

Would have been nice to have him tonight when Isabell and Wiley couldn't throw it in the ocean.  Our margin for error is practically nil.  Get well soon kid.

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Espn+ was perfect for me throughout 

idk what was happening.  My internet signal was very strong, never ever have problems streaming anything.  but tonight I couldn't get espn+ to stream for more than 5 minutes with out it stopping

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

What happened with jgoods shoulder?  I had to refresh ESPN+ a dozen times in the 2nd half so looks like i missed it

Nothing happened. I’m guessing Rammer saw him go down and then when he seemed to be in pain, said something about maybe his shoulder being hurt and now everyone is freaking out. He landed on his tailbone and stayed in the game. Everyone needs to chill on this until we hear something real. 

11 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Hopefully Rammer will ask Coach Ford about JGood's shoulder.  We'll probably get a coachspeak answer, though.

He didn't.

He didn't seem like he was Destroying anyone on team. Seemed very mellow. @ large still technically possible but so is falling back to 500. If we go undefeated in conference were in even if we get shutout in first  tournament game. Handful of other scenarios just as unlikely too. 

1 minute ago, Zink said:

Nothing happened. I’m guessing Rammer saw him go down and then when he seemed to be in pain, said something about maybe his shoulder being hurt and now everyone is freaking out. He landed on his tailbone and stayed in the game. Everyone needs to chill on this until we hear something real. 

Perhaps with Rammer's not asking Coach about it, even after Coach said, "We're a little banged up," he had determined that what he saw to make him talk about it as the game ended didn't warrant concern.

12 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Fred Thatch defense was not at Thatch like levels today but his offense was clutch.

What's this talk about Goodwin's shoulder??? 

I'm only armed with ears but they said he had hurt it second half after a mugging. Who hasn't been injured is some way this year?