Gamesmanship By TF + Free Thor

mrjoelabs

It seems we may be stuck with "the cardiac billikens" all year, as this team cannot hold leads. But the A10 is bad, so that helps. A couple points.  One, great job by Coach Ford to pull French with a phantom injury during that technical Saturday. HF was clearly not hurt, but taking him to the locker room let Javon shoot the technical, and we needed those 2 points. Secondly, I do not understand why Thor cannot at least see the floor for 5 minutes a game. This team is dying for shooters. Can't he come in and at least jack a few threes up?

gobillsgo likes this

2 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Secondly, I do not understand why Thor cannot at least see the floor for 5 minutes a game. This team is dying for shooters. Can't he come in and at least jack a few threes up?

Bills were 5-12 from three as a team - good enough for 41.7%

2 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

It seems we may be stuck with "the cardiac billikens" all year, as this team cannot hold leads. But the A10 is bad, so that helps. A couple points.  One, great job by Coach Ford to pull French with a phantom injury during that technical Saturday. HF was clearly not hurt, but taking him to the locker room let Javon shoot the technical, and we needed those 2 points. Secondly, I do not understand why Thor cannot at least see the floor for 5 minutes a game. This team is dying for shooters. Can't he come in and at least jack a few threes up?

How  was Bess able to shoot the free throws. What is the rule?  I thought it was either the sub shoots or opposing coach picks. 

billiken_roy likes this

6 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

And you know this for sure?

Here is what I know French has a bad back and he was tackled.  Bob and Earl described it that French was hurting badly.  Coach Ford may have done what you said but no one knows for sure.  Bob and Earl did say after French's return that they want that doctor.

The rule on that foul should have been French two shots and a two shot technical and the ball and it will stop that kind of play.  A player that just tackles the opposing player should be booted.

Thor was late getting to school and had surgery he is way behind.  In Coach Ford I trust, if he feels Thor is not ready then he is not ready.  With Wiley back and Hankton hitting threes and Jacobs relieving a guard there are no minutes out there unless it is a blow out.

rgbilliken and Zink like this

22 minutes ago, willie said:

How  was Bess able to shoot the free throws. What is the rule?  I thought it was either the sub shoots or opposing coach picks. 

I was thinking that too but I assumed they called a flagrant so we got to pick the shooter.

3 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

That is correct, the substitute has to shoot it unless there was a flagrant foul called.

What happened to the "opposing coach gets to pick" rule? And I thought it was ANY player, on the floor or on the bench. I was very (and pleasantly) surprised to see Bess shooting those free throws. (I"ll take your word about the flagrant foul difference.)

I seem to recall (and I could certainly be wrong about it) that our friends at SPUMAC were responsible for that coach picks rule as it was believed they faked an injury and then the player came right back into the game. Does anyone recall that?

22 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

What happened to the "opposing coach gets to pick" rule? And I thought it was ANY player, on the floor or on the bench. I was very (and pleasantly) surprised to see Bess shooting those free throws. (I"ll take your word about the flagrant foul difference.)

I seem to recall (and I could certainly be wrong about it) that our friends at SPUMAC were responsible for that coach picks rule as it was believed they faked an injury and then the player came right back into the game. Does anyone recall that?

It was a flagrant foul, the free throw shooter does not have to be the player that got fouled. 

7 hours ago, mrjoelabs said:

He will get the minutes when the coaching staff thinks he is ready.  From the few times I have seen him in a game his defense was poor and his shot selection ..... even worse.  But he is a freshman and with practice and the weight room will hopefully be a contributor.  Just don't see him taking minutes from the few minutes Wiley is getting and that is where they would have to come from.