GDT @ La Salle

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back from my TV. This was a tougher game than what I really expected, but we won. We beat the spread too. Hassahn and Goodwin played great games but the whole team played well together. Hankton seems to be improving with every game he plays. Nicely done, we are 3-0 in conference even with Davidson.

Big relief to grab this one after letting a double-digit lead slip away.

French with 12 and 10, along with 4 assists, 2 blocks, and 2 steals. Had 4 TO, too.

Goodwin had 12 points, 9 boards, 6 assists, 3 steals, 1 block, and 3 TO. Really active. Looked like himself again.

Thatch had a really nice second half after a shaky first one. Finished with 8 points on 3-6 shooting. Hit his only FT and only 3, added a couple big steals.

FG 27-58 46 percent 3pt 5-12 42 percent, FT 12-22 55 percent horrible, 12 Assists, 14 turnovers, rebounds 37-31.

Scoring JGood 12, French 12, Bess 11, DJ 9, Izzy 8, Thatch 8, Hankton 6 Wiley 5 great balance 19 points off the bench.

7 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Back from my TV. This was a tougher game than what I really expected, but we won. We beat the spread too. Hassahn and Goodwin played great games but the whole team played well together. Hankton seems to be improving with every game he plays. Nicely done, we are 3-0 in conference even with Davidson.

I think we have an inaccurate view of LaSalle.  They started off 0-10 and are now 3-2 with this loss in their last 5.  They had some injuries early and had to meld 4 transfers into the lineup.  I think they are going to surprise some during conference play.  They beat UMASS last week and we struggled to beat them at our house.  I actually felt this game ended up about what we should have expected.

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

If he stops turning it over I really like his game 

What part of his game have you seen? Maybe I confused him with someone else but I’ve only noticed him going crazy to the basket trying to dunk and getting fouled. Again I just wish we had a game where these kids could get 10+ minutes 

1 minute ago, Old guy said:

One error cheeseman, the game was away for us, at Gola. I agree they are better than what is shown by their numbers this year. Pookie (is that the way you spell it?), Carter, and #10 are indeed pretty good, particularly Pookie.

No, he meant we struggled to beat UMass at our house.

cheeseman likes this

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

I didn’t actually get up on the roof. I just hooked up the hose and sprayed it off with water.  The funny thing is I was thinking I probably look like Cousin Eddie cleaning out the sh!tter with a hose out in the snow.

I hope you remembered to disconnect the hose after you finished.

Just now, slusam said:

Ford just said he had 2 really good practices this week. Highmark always says they are very high on him. I think he just needs a little confidence

I’ve heard he does extremely well in practice. Can also apparently shoot it from long range too, just need to translate to a game