• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Wait really???

Yep.

I am weird enough to love the old gyms, with their quirks and charms and limitations. I had assumed for a while that this was one, and then I got curious. Opened in 1998. It's like they stopped the capital campaign halfway through or something. Just no foresight at all.

Just now, Pistol said:

Yep.

I actually am weird and love the old gyms, with their quirks and charms and limitations. I had assumed for a while that this was one, and then I got curious. Opened in 1998. It's like they stopped the capital campaign halfway through or something. Just no foresight at all.

Watching with my wife who knows nothing about sports and she said “why are they playing at a high school” ha

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Watching with my wife who knows nothing about sports and she said “why are they playing at a high school” ha

Just now, moytoy12 said:

Holds 3400 😂😂

There are a lot of gyms at smaller schools, especially in the northeast, that are pretty old or are in urban areas with space limitations. That's fine. I get it. I'd love to see a game at Rose Hill Gym.

But 1998?! For a school already in the A10?! If you're going to upgrade conferences and build a new facility, Gola Arena is not exactly a statement that you're serious.

Bonner89 likes this

1 minute ago, slu72 said:

JGood looking like JGood of last year! 

At halftime: 8 points on 4-5 shooting, only missed a 3-pointer and 2 FTs (sigh), 5 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 turnover.

He's going at the basket, he's making smart plays, he's playing with energy.

He very much looks like the Goodwin of A10 play a year ago. I hope this signals a longer term return to form.