The Bills over LaS by 7

The Wiz

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

We got out of St Louis for the game OK right? Mizzou basketball game tomorrow got rescheduled because they couldn’t leave Columbia. Want to make sure I get to at least watch one game 

Not yet. They were on the bus to the airport like an hour ago according to Isabells insta 

9 hours ago, kshoe said:

This game terrifies me at this point, mostly because LaSalle seems to be a new team with 3 out of 4 wins and the only loss being a close game at VCU. anybody know if they had any payers become eligible at break or come off injury?

LaSalle has had key players out earlier this season.  Powell, their best player, missed three games, all losses.  He missed the game against Villanova, which LaSalle lost by 7.  With Powell do they win? Does Bess draw this 6'0" quick guard?

Phiri has been back for 4 games and is averaging 12.0 ppg.  He went for 20 against UMass.  Since Phiri has been back the Explorers are 3-1. This 6'4" junior is pretty good.

Freshman Clark is another player back for 7 games, hitting at 10.6 ppg.  He has hit 43% from the arc since he has been back.  He had been on the sidelines with an injury he suffered last year in HS so he is actually just getting started with his collegiate career.  He is a 6'8" G and presents a matchup issue for us. Hankton might be a better option that Foreman on Clark.

Their bespectacled 6'10" center Brookins got hurt against UMass, playing only 7 minutes, and missed their last game against VCU.  He goes for 8.5 ppg and 3.8 rpg, and leads the Explorers with (only)10 blocks.  We will see if he plays tomorrow.  Whether Brookins plays or not, French should own the paint tomorrow.

Their PG is Carter, a transfer from Marquette. He is one of three players that have played in all 14 games.  Isabell needs to be up to the task of stopping Carter.  

GoSluBills likes this

Episode 3, The House That Rick Built:

- Welcome Zac Miller to the show

- UMass Recap

- La Salle preview

- Gray Seasons

- Women's Hoops Coverage

If you guys are looking for a preview on the La Salle game, check out our thoughts here, plus much more in Episode 3: 

billikenbill likes this

6 hours ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

We got out of St Louis for the game OK right? Mizzou basketball game tomorrow got rescheduled because they couldn’t leave Columbia. Want to make sure I get to at least watch one game 

A plane ran off the runway in CoMo  and the shut down the airport shortly before Mizzou was supposed to leave.

I hope everyone made it home safely tonight. I was upset it took me 2 and half hours to get home until I heard some real horror stories. The superintendent for Rockwood is now in his sixth hour stuck on 44.

10 minutes ago, brianstl said:

A plane ran off the runway in CoMo  and the shut down the airport shortly before Mizzou was supposed to leave.

I hope everyone made it home safely tonight. I was upset it took me 2 and half hours to get home until I heard some real horror stories. The superintendent for Rockwood is now in his sixth hour stuck on 44.

what is your normal drive time?

7 minutes ago, almaman said:

Indeed

It was a great four or five days to be a young kid.  The igloos, snow tunnels and what we convinced ourselves was an Olympic bobsled run were great.  The best part was the older kids demanded that we let all the work be done by them so it wouldn’t get messed up.  That was cool with us, meant more time to play.

Realize now it wasn’t nearly as much fun for the adults.

5 hours ago, Old guy said:

The Vegas spread for this game is 4.5 pts in favor of SLU. Expected scores: SLU 69.5, LaSalle 65.

FT's will decide this game. LaSalle is #6 in country at 79%. We're somewhere far south of that. I watched the UMass v LaSalle last Sat. FT's won it for The explorers. Keep your fingers crossed. 

4 hours ago, slu72 said:

FT's will decide this game. LaSalle is #6 in country at 79%. We're somewhere far south of that. I watched the UMass v LaSalle last Sat. FT's won it for The explorers. Keep your fingers crossed. 

In the original post on this thread, I showed a FT point projection.  I don't usually do that even though we are always the underdog. ....First,  because it is built in to the overall spread  and second, ...for all the hand wringing about FT shooting  (which is dismal)..it usually amounts to only a  1 or 2 pt difference .  I listed it for this game because this game is a worst case scenario....3rd best vs 4th worst... equals 5 pts extra for LaS...if we can get an extra 2 or 3 TOs,  we can cancel out the their FT advantage.

All we need is Bess and Isabell to shoot the last 4 FTs of the game.

11 hours ago, brianstl said:

It was a great four or five days to be a young kid.  The igloos, snow tunnels and what we convinced ourselves was an Olympic bobsled run were great.  The best part was the older kids demanded that we let all the work be done by them so it wouldn’t get messed up.  That was cool with us, meant more time to play.

Realize now it wasn’t nearly as much fun for the adults.

It was our own version of Hoth.

brianstl likes this

Hello Wiz, yes the estimated spread for a game includes all the major known factors like the disparity in FT scoring ability. This is baked in so to say. Therefore, as long as the teams playing play at their regular or usual level, the estimated spreads are valid. This does not mean that the estimated spreads will determine the final outcome of the game since either team may or may not have a really good night or a really poor one. However, at point in this time , SLU can and is likely to win this game.

14 hours ago, The House That Rick Built said:

Episode 3, The House That Rick Built:

- Welcome Zac Miller to the show

- UMass Recap

- La Salle preview

- Gray Seasons

- Women's Hoops Coverage

If you guys are looking for a preview on the La Salle game, check out our thoughts here, plus much more in Episode 3: 

Appreciate the podcast. It might be my own opinion but I prefer podcasts maximum 50 min. 90 minutes is a bit too much for me

almaman likes this