Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Taj79

GDT: UMASS be shite-ing me .........

Recommended Posts

Back home from the game. It was not pretty, this is Ford's opinion as well, but we won. A win is a win. French and Isabell had wonderful nights but we could very well have lost this one up to the very end of play. A win is a win. Now let's go beat LaSalle and Fordham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

39% FG, 12% 3FG, 63% FT. 

To a win a game with that slash line is something. The shooting will come and go (mostly go), but rebound, defend, protect the ball and we’ll still win most games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe I saw the blue light on the Fetz while driving on Compton but then didn’t see it while getting on 40, but it’s a tough angle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Wiley in? 

Thought I saw Wiley leaving the SLU bench for the locker room well before the game was over...hoping he just needed to use the bathroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rewatched the game while falling asleep last night. Holloway should have been called for a tech with 12 min to go in the second half for taunting after he was fouled by Foreman. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Rewatched the game while falling asleep last night. Holloway should have been called for a tech with 12 min to go in the second half for taunting after he was fouled by Foreman. 

Holloway should Have gotten a tech for being a big fat baby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Rewatched the game while falling asleep last night. Holloway should have been called for a tech with 12 min to go in the second half for taunting after he was fouled by Foreman. 

And he slammed the ball down. Ford seemed beside himself that it wasn’t called. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Thought I saw Wiley leaving the SLU bench for the locker room well before the game was over...hoping he just needed to use the bathroom.

I saw that too but he came back and was actually briefly on the court in the last four minutes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The big dude also elbowed French right in the head with a couple minutes left to play. Wasn’t called. French thought he was bleeding 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching UMASS in warmups I was a bit concerned with Baptiste's size but man he was in over his head against French and wasn't even able to take advantage of KC guarding him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Coach wasn't happy with the win.  He told Rammer if we play like that we won't win any championship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Rewatched the game while falling asleep last night. Holloway should have been called for a tech with 12 min to go in the second half for taunting after he was fouled by Foreman. 

Agreed.  I distinctly remember that sequence.  Holloway is a dirty player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

French was so damn effective yesterday,  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wgstl said:

French was so damn effective yesterday,  

He really was remarkable. Needs to tweak his back more often...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, wgstl said:

French was so damn effective yesterday,  

 

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

He really was remarkable. Needs to tweak his back more often...

 

He did really well facing the basket, putting the ball on the floor and getting to the rim. He had 0 turnovers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-the refs were horrible for both sides, we can't make shots but made enough to win a squeaker, HF that was fun to watch, I'll go real positive and say a good team wins a game when their best player has an off night and hope that is us

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need Wiley to show back up. Maybe he is still slow to come back due to his injury but we don't beat Seton Hall without his 17 points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fred unfortunately was a big reason we couldn't put them away.  Going 0-4 but missing the front end of 1 and 1's a few times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i predict we will see more of last night's french.  well at least the non-foul shooting french we saw last night.  i have to see the 70% foul shooting french more to believe it.   honestly, that was such a breath of fresh air and i wouldnt doubt if the success he had at the line also contributed to the rest of his game last night as his poor free throw shooting had to be really getting in french's head prior to last night.   

that umass team should be better than it is.   the coach is a fool.  when foreman fouled out with like 6-7 minutes remaining and the 4 fouls french re-enters the game, tell me why he didnt bring holloway back immediately and then when he did, they didnt really try to get him the ball in an effort to get french fouled out.   head scratcher. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

did goodwin rebreak his nose last night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

did goodwin rebreak his nose last night?

He got laid out by a flying elbow. When he returned, he was masked. But no one ever said if he re broke it. I don't think the announcers knew he was playing w/ that mask earlier in the season. They seemed surprised he got fitted for a mask so quickly. He also had a piece of cotton stuffed in one nostril, but it came out later. 

French had his aha game last night. Still waiting for JGood's. He missed a lot of shots when he got to the rim. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GoBills73 said:

We need Wiley to show back up. Maybe he is still slow to come back due to his injury but we don't beat Seton Hall without his 17 points.

Agreed, but I don't think he's the sniper we thought he'd be. I believe he missed all his open looks last night. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

what goodwin is bringing to the billikens right now since his return to the point guard position is the huge reduction in turnovers.   

now if we can just pick up the pace a little, jordan can be in the zone he performs best overall in.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He got laid out by a flying elbow. When he returned, he was masked. But no one ever said if he re broke it. I don't think the announcers knew he was playing w/ that mask earlier in the season. They seemed surprised he got fitted for a mask so quickly. He also had a piece of cotton stuffed in one nostril, but it came out later. 

French had his aha game last night. Still waiting for JGood's. He missed a lot of shots when he got to the rim. 

72 I was at the game so I couldn't see replays. Why wasn't this a flagrant? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i predict we will see more of last night's french.  well at least the non-foul shooting french we saw last night.  i have to see the 70% foul shooting french more to believe it.   honestly, that was such a breath of fresh air and i wouldnt doubt if the success he had at the line also contributed to the rest of his game last night as his poor free throw shooting had to be really getting in french's head prior to last night.   

that umass team should be better than it is.   the coach is a fool.  when foreman fouled out with like 6-7 minutes remaining and the 4 fouls french re-enters the game, tell me why he didnt bring holloway back immediately and then when he did, they didnt really try to get him the ball in an effort to get french fouled out.   head scratcher. 

I’m guessing UMass was worried about Holloway’s fouls as well. The last five minutes or so, he was trying to do offense/defense subs with Holloway on offense whenever he had the chance. I agree though, with Foreman out and French with 4, he should have played Holloway the entire time and dared French to foul him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×