GDT: UMASS be shite-ing me .........

Taj79

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

i predict we will see more of last night's french.  well at least the non-foul shooting french we saw last night.  i have to see the 70% foul shooting french more to believe it.   honestly, that was such a breath of fresh air and i wouldnt doubt if the success he had at the line also contributed to the rest of his game last night as his poor free throw shooting had to be really getting in french's head prior to last night.   

that umass team should be better than it is.   the coach is a fool.  when foreman fouled out with like 6-7 minutes remaining and the 4 fouls french re-enters the game, tell me why he didnt bring holloway back immediately and then when he did, they didnt really try to get him the ball in an effort to get french fouled out.   head scratcher. 

I thought the same thing.  If French fouls out with 3 or 4 minutes left, then we have Hankton guarding their biggest guy on the floor and we're screwed.  UMass's coach clearly did not know what we had left on the bench after French.

2 hours ago, basebill123 said:

For those that have been to the games, how do we look in shootarounds in warmups or practice?  I wonder how much the wear and tear of going extra hard on defense effects our accuracy or if we just aren't good shooters.  Considering our poor offensive starts to games I'm assuming it's the latter but haven't seen in person.

I was at the game last night.  We were hitting almost everything in the warmup before the game and at half.  The guys can shoot.  It's just a matter of doing it in the game when the pressure is on.

Also, in both sets of warmups Ingvi was like 12 for 12 on shooting threes.  Too bad there are probably other parts of his game preventing him from getting in.

basebill123 likes this

27 minutes ago, Bay Area Billiken said:

SLU Rankings:

NCAA NET 62 (VCU is 45);

Pomeroy    86

RPI              55

There is plenty of work to be done.  The A10 is traditionally a multi-bid league.  That may not be the case this season.

I think it will be.  SEC was thought he have a lot again this year, but early in conf play that may not be the case.  

Just now, HoosierPal said:

VCU won and fell one spot.  We won and stayed where we were.  It's going to be tough moving up the NET.

I think the fact that VCU barely beat a 3 win team has more to do with it. UMASS moved up 8 spots after their loss. If we keep winning we'll keep climbing. If we win a little more convincingly then we'll climb quicker.

Style points matter.

7 minutes ago, Cincybill said:

I think the fact that VCU barely beat a 3 win team has more to do with it. UMASS moved up 8 spots after their loss. If we keep winning we'll keep climbing. If we win a little more convincingly then we'll climb quicker.

Style points matter.

I agree with your statement.  That being said, I think I remember hearing that 'style' points only count up to 10.  So whether you win by 10 or 110, it counts the same.  Could be wrong, but I swear I read that.

22 minutes ago, philliken said:

I agree with your statement.  That being said, I think I remember hearing that 'style' points only count up to 10.  So whether you win by 10 or 110, it counts the same.  Could be wrong, but I swear I read that.

Yep I remember this as well. 10 points is the biggest difference that the NET cares about. 

19 minutes ago, philliken said:

While that part is correct, I think since offensive and defensive efficiency factor into the rankings, playing better will improve our ranking. I just don't know how much it will improve it.

Zink likes this

16 hours ago, SShoe said:

To a win a game with that slash line is something. The shooting will come and go (mostly go), but rebound, defend, protect the ball and we’ll still win most games. 

Jimmerson will beat that line next year using only 2 numbers

8 hours ago, Old guy said:

As far as Goodwin's nose is concerned, he may have had significant damage or not.

Note that we still do not know if he actually had significant damage or not.

I can't stress this enough.  JG's nose is Schrodinger's cat with a hatwobble and a knickknack paddywack.