GDT: UMASS be shite-ing me .........

Taj79

Back home from the game. It was not pretty, this is Ford's opinion as well, but we won. A win is a win. French and Isabell had wonderful nights but we could very well have lost this one up to the very end of play. A win is a win. Now let's go beat LaSalle and Fordham.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

39% FG, 12% 3FG, 63% FT. 

To a win a game with that slash line is something. The shooting will come and go (mostly go), but rebound, defend, protect the ball and we’ll still win most games. 

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Rewatched the game while falling asleep last night. Holloway should have been called for a tech with 12 min to go in the second half for taunting after he was fouled by Foreman. 

And he slammed the ball down. Ford seemed beside himself that it wasn’t called. 

38 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Rewatched the game while falling asleep last night. Holloway should have been called for a tech with 12 min to go in the second half for taunting after he was fouled by Foreman. 

Agreed.  I distinctly remember that sequence.  Holloway is a dirty player.

i predict we will see more of last night's french.  well at least the non-foul shooting french we saw last night.  i have to see the 70% foul shooting french more to believe it.   honestly, that was such a breath of fresh air and i wouldnt doubt if the success he had at the line also contributed to the rest of his game last night as his poor free throw shooting had to be really getting in french's head prior to last night.   

that umass team should be better than it is.   the coach is a fool.  when foreman fouled out with like 6-7 minutes remaining and the 4 fouls french re-enters the game, tell me why he didnt bring holloway back immediately and then when he did, they didnt really try to get him the ball in an effort to get french fouled out.   head scratcher. 

AGB91 and SLU_Nick like this

3 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

did goodwin rebreak his nose last night?

He got laid out by a flying elbow. When he returned, he was masked. But no one ever said if he re broke it. I don't think the announcers knew he was playing w/ that mask earlier in the season. They seemed surprised he got fitted for a mask so quickly. He also had a piece of cotton stuffed in one nostril, but it came out later. 

French had his aha game last night. Still waiting for JGood's. He missed a lot of shots when he got to the rim. 

13 minutes ago, GoBills73 said:

We need Wiley to show back up. Maybe he is still slow to come back due to his injury but we don't beat Seton Hall without his 17 points.

Agreed, but I don't think he's the sniper we thought he'd be. I believe he missed all his open looks last night. 

what goodwin is bringing to the billikens right now since his return to the point guard position is the huge reduction in turnovers.   

now if we can just pick up the pace a little, jordan can be in the zone he performs best overall in.  

HenryB likes this

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

He got laid out by a flying elbow. When he returned, he was masked. But no one ever said if he re broke it. I don't think the announcers knew he was playing w/ that mask earlier in the season. They seemed surprised he got fitted for a mask so quickly. He also had a piece of cotton stuffed in one nostril, but it came out later. 

French had his aha game last night. Still waiting for JGood's. He missed a lot of shots when he got to the rim. 

72 I was at the game so I couldn't see replays. Why wasn't this a flagrant? 

19 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i predict we will see more of last night's french.  well at least the non-foul shooting french we saw last night.  i have to see the 70% foul shooting french more to believe it.   honestly, that was such a breath of fresh air and i wouldnt doubt if the success he had at the line also contributed to the rest of his game last night as his poor free throw shooting had to be really getting in french's head prior to last night.   

that umass team should be better than it is.   the coach is a fool.  when foreman fouled out with like 6-7 minutes remaining and the 4 fouls french re-enters the game, tell me why he didnt bring holloway back immediately and then when he did, they didnt really try to get him the ball in an effort to get french fouled out.   head scratcher. 

I’m guessing UMass was worried about Holloway’s fouls as well. The last five minutes or so, he was trying to do offense/defense subs with Holloway on offense whenever he had the chance. I agree though, with Foreman out and French with 4, he should have played Holloway the entire time and dared French to foul him