GDT: UMASS be shite-ing me .........

Taj79

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, EssEllYou said:

How about Isabell? Stepped up tonight.  17pts, 7reb, 7assist!!

Yep. Missed a couple FTs down the stretch but this was a very good game for him, maybe his best yet. He was 1-5 from 3 but got to the line enough to compensate.

French had 25 points on 9-14 shooting and 7-10 FTs. Career offensive night by 5 points, and he added 6 boards and an assist with no turnovers. Game ball to Hasahn.

Bess did a number on Pipkins for most of the night, even if Pipkins got loose down the stretch. 2 at halftime, 18 on the game, but he needed 8 FTs.

2 minutes ago, dlarry said:

It didn’t matter but Holloway was blocking like a left tackle on that final 3. He took to Bills players and just ran them backwards giving Pipkins a decent look.

Holloway has no subtlety in his game. That two-handed push in the first half, arguing every call, camping out in the lane, brutalizing guys with his arms and body instead of moving his feet. You'd think a guy pushing that many lbs. around would learn to be at least a little crafty, but he plays like the biggest dude at the rec center taking advantage of the lack of officials in a pick-up game.

Just now, Pistol said:

Holloway has no subtlety in his game. That two-handed push in the first half, arguing every call, camping out in the lane, brutalizing guys with his arms and body instead of moving his feet. You'd think a guy pushing that many lbs. around would learn to be at least a little crafty, but he plays like the biggest dude at the rec center taking advantage of the lack of officials in a pick-up game.

Agreed and the elbows were ridiculous.  I guess the refs give him the benefit of the doubt because he's the fat guy?  

jonny karate likes this

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

Whew.

Pipkins got too good a look there at the end. But whew.

Again, nothing will ever be easy for this team. Just keep defending because our shooting will never be anything but gross.

I keep hoping we will have a game that everyone hits I think it is out there.

The number of assist to turnovers was good 15 and 8.

Our offense looks better but we are missing too many close shots and open shots.

I am giddy about being 11-4, 2-0 even though my blood pressure was spiking on this game and others.

2 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I keep hoping we will have a game that everyone hits I think it is out there.

The number of assist to turnovers was good 15 and 8.

Our offense looks better but we are missing too many close shots and open shots.

I am giddy about being 11-4, 2-0 even though my blood pressure was spiking on this game and others.

The 2-0 is more meaningful to me at this point because we had to win both and beating this conference is our ticket.

The 11-4 is tough because 3 of those were so winnable and we needed at least one of them to go our way for at-large consideration.

I just don't know what to do about the shooting. We're getting good looks. Most guys have decent form. They just don't fall. There's a fine line between great shooters and average-to-below-average shooters, and we just don't have any great shooters.

The turnovers seem to be shoring up, though. Only 8 tonight. Soderberg used 10 as his line between a good and bad game, and that was at the pace a Soderberg team played. So if we're under 10, I'll take that every night.

Goodwin is still lost offensively. We need him to find his A10 form from last season. Tonight was the French Game. We're due for a Goodwin Game.

5 minutes ago, slu72 said:

The good: French and Isabell, Bess's D and overall  team D

The bad: Foreman turns it over too much, JGood missing shots that he made last year

The Ugly: No FG's last 8 minutes, 3 point FG% of 12% (actually that's FUGLY) 

And we still won the game! Once Goodwin, Hankton, Wiley start hitting their shots (3/18 combined), look out!

SShoe and CBFan like this

Just now, slu72 said:

The good: French and Isabell, Bess's D and overall  team D

The bad: Foreman turns it over too much, JGood missing shots that he made last year

The Ugly: No FG's last 8 minutes, 3 point FG% of 12% (actually that's FUGLY) 

I did not realize we did not score a field goal in the last 8 wow we were so close to giving this one away.

Coach Ford was not happy with most of his players on the post game show he felt UMass out played them and said that we do not play like that and was disappointed.