Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
Glorydays2013

Hope for 2019

Recommended Posts

We all know 2018 was not the kindest but there is significant upside to this year in conference and a great start to next year. 

Players will get it together in conference if Ford’s past 2 seasons are an indiciation. Minus shooting Isabell has had better and better games. KC will be more of a impact with more experience and a healthy Wiley can make an impact. Goodwin will fund his groove and Thatch will make his statement. 

Post March, we are losing one of my favorite and most respectable players SLU has ever had with Bess. To try to fill his role is Hargrove and Perkins who have massive upsides. Wiley is replaced by Jimmerson and Isabell is replaced by Collins, a true pg. Still waiting on a Forward replacement but you’re a fool to think Ford can’t pull one out sooner or later, he always does. 

The future is bright with Ford. The goal this year is the A10 and the tournament and then repeat and make a statement next year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

We all know 2018 was not the kindest but there is significant upside to this year in conference and a great start to next year. 

Players will get it together in conference if Ford’s past 2 seasons are an indiciation. Minus shooting Isabell has had better and better games. KC will be more of a impact with more experience and a healthy Wiley can make an impact. Goodwin will fund his groove and Thatch will make his statement. 

Post March, we are losing one of my favorite and most respectable players SLU has ever had with Bess. To try to fill his role is Hargrove and Perkins who have massive upsides. Wiley is replaced by Jimmerson and Isabell is replaced by Collins, a true pg. Still waiting on a Forward replacement but you’re a fool to think Ford can’t pull one out sooner or later, he always does. 

The future is bright with Ford. The goal this year is the A10 and the tournament and then repeat and make a statement next year 

*find

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We also lose Foreman and will be thin in the frontcourt without him and Gordon.  We can get a juco or gt to replace our losses but as we've seen with Isabell and Wiley and Rasheed Anthony and even DJ himself, it's a crap shoot on finding piece that fits and is great from day one...... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One BIG advantage next year's team will have is that they are able to take a summer trip out of the country. I imagine Ford will view this as an opportunity to develop his team. Where Crews viewed it as an outreach opportunity, and basketball was second. If I'm not mistaken, they can practice 15 times before they travel. I'm not sure if there is a limit on length of the practices. Add to it, the weight training and film work, that puts a team nearly a month ahead of teams unable to take a trip. It comes at a great time for Team Blue. Teams that take advantage of the opportunity are much further along than teams that do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do we have a trip set up at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brianstl said:

Do we have a trip set up at this point?

Not that I know of, but there’s no way Ford won’t take one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

One BIG advantage next year's team will have is that they are able to take a summer trip out of the country. I imagine Ford will view this as an opportunity to develop his team. Where Crews viewed it as an outreach opportunity, and basketball was second. If I'm not mistaken, they can practice 15 times before they travel. I'm not sure if there is a limit on length of the practices. Add to it, the weight training and film work, that puts a team nearly a month ahead of teams unable to take a trip. It comes at a great time for Team Blue. Teams that take advantage of the opportunity are much further along than teams that do not.

I'd love to see them tour Australia and New Zealand.  You'd have several guys that could act as tour guides at various stops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'd love to see them tour Australia and New Zealand.  You'd have several guys that could act as tour guides at various stops.

And some decent teams to play/scrimmage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I'd love to see them tour Australia and New Zealand.  You'd have several guys that could act as tour guides at various stops.

yes except leaving summer for winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

-Carleton, if we can beat them we can beat anyone, so go north to see how good we will be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

My hope for 2019 is that you get banned from b.com.

Wife problems again? It was a pretty decent post and you’re a jerk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×