Hope for 2019

We all know 2018 was not the kindest but there is significant upside to this year in conference and a great start to next year. 

Players will get it together in conference if Ford’s past 2 seasons are an indiciation. Minus shooting Isabell has had better and better games. KC will be more of a impact with more experience and a healthy Wiley can make an impact. Goodwin will fund his groove and Thatch will make his statement. 

Post March, we are losing one of my favorite and most respectable players SLU has ever had with Bess. To try to fill his role is Hargrove and Perkins who have massive upsides. Wiley is replaced by Jimmerson and Isabell is replaced by Collins, a true pg. Still waiting on a Forward replacement but you’re a fool to think Ford can’t pull one out sooner or later, he always does. 

The future is bright with Ford. The goal this year is the A10 and the tournament and then repeat and make a statement next year 

BilliKat likes this

43 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

We all know 2018 was not the kindest but there is significant upside to this year in conference and a great start to next year. 

Players will get it together in conference if Ford’s past 2 seasons are an indiciation. Minus shooting Isabell has had better and better games. KC will be more of a impact with more experience and a healthy Wiley can make an impact. Goodwin will fund his groove and Thatch will make his statement. 

Post March, we are losing one of my favorite and most respectable players SLU has ever had with Bess. To try to fill his role is Hargrove and Perkins who have massive upsides. Wiley is replaced by Jimmerson and Isabell is replaced by Collins, a true pg. Still waiting on a Forward replacement but you’re a fool to think Ford can’t pull one out sooner or later, he always does. 

The future is bright with Ford. The goal this year is the A10 and the tournament and then repeat and make a statement next year 

*find

We also lose Foreman and will be thin in the frontcourt without him and Gordon.  We can get a juco or gt to replace our losses but as we've seen with Isabell and Wiley and Rasheed Anthony and even DJ himself, it's a crap shoot on finding piece that fits and is great from day one...... 

One BIG advantage next year's team will have is that they are able to take a summer trip out of the country. I imagine Ford will view this as an opportunity to develop his team. Where Crews viewed it as an outreach opportunity, and basketball was second. If I'm not mistaken, they can practice 15 times before they travel. I'm not sure if there is a limit on length of the practices. Add to it, the weight training and film work, that puts a team nearly a month ahead of teams unable to take a trip. It comes at a great time for Team Blue. Teams that take advantage of the opportunity are much further along than teams that do not.

TheDude likes this

4 hours ago, slu72 fan said:

One BIG advantage next year's team will have is that they are able to take a summer trip out of the country. I imagine Ford will view this as an opportunity to develop his team. Where Crews viewed it as an outreach opportunity, and basketball was second. If I'm not mistaken, they can practice 15 times before they travel. I'm not sure if there is a limit on length of the practices. Add to it, the weight training and film work, that puts a team nearly a month ahead of teams unable to take a trip. It comes at a great time for Team Blue. Teams that take advantage of the opportunity are much further along than teams that do not.

I'd love to see them tour Australia and New Zealand.  You'd have several guys that could act as tour guides at various stops.