Rhodey from da'Couch in Maryland .....

Taj79

32 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

Goodwin also got called for traveling on a weird play where it looked like the ball slipped out of his hand and he caught it before making a pass.

This is not traveling even if he's already taken his dribble. He can recover a fumbled or accidently dropped ball even if it has to move to recover it. He cannot dribble again

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

It's absolutely bonkers. Our FT % now ranks 349th out of 351 teams.  Sigh...

I can’t imagine a worse free throw shooting team. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Disagree on his shot. The ball is spinning when it comes off his hand. Looks to me like there is too much wrist action. 

I agree. I noticed one the ball was spinning sideways. 

It doesn’t look fluid at all.

It’s almost like he is putting to much emphasis on getting good rotation and everything is misfiring because of it.

I think he should start at the back of the free throw circle take a couple dribbles and shoot a jumper.

At least that way he won’t be thinking about it. It should come a little more natural:

On 1/7/2019 at 2:08 PM, moytoy12 said:

- apparently Russell had a head injury in thursday’s practice and was placed in the concussion protocol 

- I’m like you on the FTs. In fact, if we make 1 of 2 I’m happy, that’s how bad it is.  I honestly don’t know how a relatively decent D-1 team is this god awful at FTs. 

what kills me is Isabell, or goodwin missing FTs,  French I expect, but Tramiane needs to hit them.  KC's was an AND 1.   Bess did make two in a row,  but he also had a 1-2 trip.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:23 PM, billikenfan05 said:

I honestly think it’s something unfixable with French. His shot has a great look to it except it’s offline. Obviously as a MBM I have no clue why it’s happening.

I think Hasahn should look into shooting free throws and (if he ever got to this point) jumpers right handed. Every single time he's on the block he's looking to get to that right handed baby hook. It definitely couldn't get worse. Wonder if this has ever been brought up as an option.

On 1/7/2019 at 2:23 PM, billikenfan05 said:

I honestly think it’s something unfixable with French. His shot has a great look to it except it’s offline. Obviously as a MBM I have no clue why it’s happening.

Maybe French should try his baby hook shot from the FT line.  As long as he stays in the half circle until the ball hits the rim, it's legal.  He could even do a little jump with it.  Yaneverknow.

6 hours ago, Basketbill said:

what kills me is Isabell, or goodwin missing FTs,  French I expect, but Tramiane needs to hit them.  KC's was an AND 1.   Bess did make two in a row,  but he also had a 1-2 trip.

We were talking about this in our section at the last game. The thought is that the guys that CAN make free throws now have more pressure on them or at least they think they have to hit every one of them to make up for all the misses by the usual suspects. In other words, the whole damned team has got the yips now.

11 hours ago, White Pelican said:

We were talking about this in our section at the last game. The thought is that the guys that CAN make free throws now have more pressure on them or at least they think they have to hit every one of them to make up for all the misses by the usual suspects. In other words, the whole damned team has got the yips now.

We had to shoot 60+% in the second half at the last game since we shot 17% in the first half - no other way to get to 47% for the game.  My point is that once French stopped clanking them the others did shoot much better.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

We had to shoot 60+% in the second half at the last game since we shot 17% in the first half - no other way to get to 47% for the game.  My point is that once French stopped clanking them the others did shoot much better.

Yeah, apparently 60% is the new 70%. Great.

2 hours ago, cheeseman said:

My point was that they are capable of shooting 60+% -not that I was satisfied with it.  I would think if we could get 60+% at this point I would take it.

Out of the 16+ games left, what’s the over/under that we hit 60%?  I’m putting it at 4.  God, that’s depressing to say.

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

My point was that they are capable of shooting 60+% -not that I was satisfied with it.  I would think if we could get 60+% at this point I would take it.

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean it to be so snarky. I agree, 60% might be all we can hope for. I almost hate to see us go to the line.

2 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Out of the 16+ games left, what’s the over/under that we hit 60%?  I’m putting it at 4.  God, that’s depressing to say.

I’ll take the over...I think.

I think they could shoot 60% consistently if you remove French’s attempts from the equation.